Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suggested last week that Sheamus should feud with Daniel Bryan leading to a U.S. Title match at WM and it appears the seeds have been planted after Sheamus attacking Bryan backstage. Anyone else excited by the prospect of these two feuding.

I think it will be refreshing to see them both have a storyline after a few months in the wilderness and can see Sheamus winning the belt at WM. Can't wait!

· Registered
5,458 Posts
It could be a good feud provided that Sheamus doesn't steamroll through Danielson and make him look like a chump every week. I'd like to see Danielson get elevated by feuding with Lobsterhead the same way that JoMo did.

If I was booking this feud, I'd really play up an international rivalry thing as opposed to just going for the belt. It could be a perfect way to get Sheamus the heat he was getting a few months ago (because we all know how much Americans hate foreigners) as well as incorporate Danielson's American Dragon gimmick. As long as it isn't a pointless and one-sided feud, both men should come out better.

· Banned
6,761 Posts
This is a good move, and briefly remember these two having a short stint. Bringing back this minor feud was a solid mover if indeed that is what they are doing. Solid move on their part, and I would have to say it's brilliant.

· Registered
1,101 Posts
Another underdog storyline could be great could be horrible but we'll see

· Plotting time travel mission.
8,793 Posts
It could be a good feud provided that Sheamus doesn't steamroll through Danielson and make him look like a chump every week. I'd like to see Danielson get elevated by feuding with Lobsterhead the same way that JoMo did.

If I was booking this feud, I'd really play up an international rivalry thing as opposed to just going for the belt. It could be a perfect way to get Sheamus the heat he was getting a few months ago (because we all know how much Americans hate foreigners) as well as incorporate Danielson's American Dragon gimmick. As long as it isn't a pointless and one-sided feud, both men should come out better.
I agree I think both guys will look good coming out of this.

· Registered
1,400 Posts
It would actually be a good feud and allow their shortcomings to be helped a bit, I think. Sheamus always comes across as dominant in the ring, and good but not great on the mic, but he is still somewhat limited as far as moveset. Bryan may be the best wrestler in the world, but on the mic is "meh", and comes across as lacking character.

Sheamus heeling it up (especially if he goes the heel foreigner route) would allow Bryan to develop as a character and provide him just enough time on the mic to elevate him. Additionally, their matches would help both wrestlers look good, particularly if they're given enough time.

· Harley's Circus
2,591 Posts
Sheamus is coming out bad no matter the outcome of the feud. Either he loses to Danielson to elavate him someone even the Miz can beat or he beats him and becomes US champ effectively signifying his drop down the card from the main event.

· Registered
5,163 Posts
I'm pretty excited about this feud tbh, Bryan hasn't fought any contender that is legitimate threat for his US title so far and i think Sheamus would be his first true test. Not to mention that i'm sure these two would be able to put on series of excellent matches.

I think this feud can help them both, Bryan needs someone who will be able to take his ability to the limit to force him to evolve back into his warrior persona, Bryan needs to spice up his character a bit, he's been a bit too soft so far, and i believe Sheamus can accomplish it. Sheamus is someone who doesn't take shit from anybody, if these two clash i think it will one intense fight and Bryan will let that 'beast' inside him out to fight Sheamus which will be pretty entertaining to see. Sheamus also needs a credible opponent to beat, he hasn't won a match since he won KOTR if i'm not mistaken, if he finally takes the US title off Bryan at least it would restore his credibility again. But hopefully Sheamus won't totally destroy Bryan within seconds again just like last year, this should be a competitive feud and not too one-sided.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.