Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't that what the reports said these past few weeks? That Vince had decided they would add Bryan to the match. I realise Reigns beat Bryan clean at FastLane but - whose to say the triple threat is not still the plan, and they're just chosing a backwards way of getting there storyline-wise?

I guess the most obvious way of getting there would have been a "screwy" finish at Fast Lane. What if that's not the case though? Could they still find a way to insert him in the main event?

Daniel Bryan - the first Raw after Fast Lane - is still involved with Roman Reigns. Do we know for a fact he won't continue to be part of that storyline/match going into mania? If he was moving on it would have made more sense for him not to keep tagging with Reigns in the main event.

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Vince threw that out so to try to throw people off of Reigns winning clean.

Maybe they can give a stupid reason to put Bryan in it but it would be completely a WTF moment @ this point after Fast Lane.

·
Banned
5,743 Posts
Wasn't that what the reports said these past few weeks? That Vince had decided they would add Bryan to the match. I realise Reigns beat Bryan clean at FastLane but - whose to say the triple threat is not still the plan, and they're just chosing a backwards way of getting there storyline-wise?

I guess the most obvious way of getting there would have been a "screwy" finish at Fast Lane. What if that's not the case though? Could they still find a way to insert him in the main event?

Daniel Bryan - the first Raw after Fast Lane - is still involved with Roman Reigns. Do we know for a fact he won't continue to be part of that storyline/match going into mania? If he was moving on it would have made more sense for him not to keep tagging with Reigns in the main event.
That match was not a Bryan/Reigns plot development it was Rollins/Orton.

Bryan/Reigns are done evidenced by the fact they were smiling and shaking hands after the match.

Reigns/Lesnar is happening and Bryan will probably face the returning Sheamus as it's a match WWE wanted last year and Fella is long overdue for a heel turn.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vince threw that out so to try to throw people off of Reigns winning clean.

They would look really bad if Bryan is thrown into the Main Event out of the blue with no reason whatsoever.
Does Vince really throw stuff out there though? I know the popular idea is "why doesn't WWE spread fake rumors to confuse the IWC" - but i don't know if it works like that.

Who actually talks to guys like Meltzer? It's probably someone Vince doesn't even know about, because if Vince knew who talked to Meltzer he'd fire him. So how would he know to spread fake rumors?

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Im sure they created those rumors. And no, i dont have faith in that anymore, Bryan probably wont main event WM ever again.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Call me crazy but I think bryan will be added in some weird fasion to the main event i really do. If he were to start his wm program with Sheamus why didn't they start it last night? There's only 5 weeks to go you would think at least in Vince's mind that bryan vs sheamus is a big match for him and would start the build last night.

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
He was never going to, they had the Fast Lane match to tease the pissed off fans. The plans never changed from Lesnar/Reigns.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Vince needs to decide what he wants here.

If it's just Lesnar vs Roman, then Lesnar will be the face in that match.

If it's a triple threat, Bryan will be the face with Lesnar getting moderate cheers too.

Bottom line is Reigns is going to get booed either way, might as well just turn him heel.

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
1. Brock vs Reigns
2. hhh vs sting
3. cena vs rusev
4. orton vs rollins
5. wyatt vs undertaker
6. andre battle royal
7. ic title match (barrett vs ziggler vs ambrose vs truth?)
8. goldust vs stardust
9. tag title match (usos vs kidd/cesaro?)
10. some kind of divas match you would assume

bryan and somebody makes 11

including the pre-show they had 8 matches on the card last year, 9 the two previous years.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
No way, make no mistake the Fast Lane match only took place as Vince's attempt to shut the "smarks" up and have them be positive towards Reigns at Wrestlemania, but unluckily for him the European fans aren't stupid.

·
Registered
33 Posts
For Bryan to Main Event after being beaten cleanly at the Rumble and Fastlane would be a joke.

I like Bryan and would have preferred him in the main event, but it makes no sense story-wise and Reigns-Brock is what we're getting now.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
1. Brock vs Reigns
2. hhh vs sting
3. cena vs rusev
4. orton vs rollins
5. wyatt vs undertaker
6. andre battle royal
8. goldust vs stardust

including the pre-show they had 8 matches on the card last year, 9 the two previous years.
The tag team match will probably be on the Pre show. So that's 10 matches and wm26 had 10 matches

·
Banned
6,752 Posts
1. Brock vs Reigns
2. hhh vs sting
3. cena vs rusev
4. orton vs rollins
5. wyatt vs undertaker
6. andre battle royal
8. goldust vs stardust

Andre Memorial Battle Royal will probably be the annual pre-show match from here on out. They might put the tag titles on the pre-show as well, or just throw all of them into the battle royal, too. Goldust and Stardust will probably be thrown into the battle royal and maybe finish off their rivalry for good in some type of stipulation match at Extreme Rules. Divas match will probably get scratched completely since there's no strong Divas angle heading into the show anyway other than another Paige/Nikki match (WM29 didn't have a Diva's Title match either.)

Maybe there'll be a multi-man IC Title match and both Bryan and Ziggler will be thrown into that.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts