Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts
60,001 Posts
Re: Bryan losing to Ziggler

I agree Bryan should not have lost the match on raw but I think they are setting it up so Ziggler has an excuse as to why he deserves a title match after Bryan wins it.
It seems that is the path they are heading down. I still wouldnt have had bryan lose the RAW march clean. And if bryan doesnt win, the whole 2 straight losses thing is absurd. If bryan wins, then Dolph can feud with bryan for it, claiming that he has his number.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts

But that's typical of WWE, can't think five fucking feet ahead. They were booking the IC Ladder Match probably four weeks before WM, then they realized Shit, Ziggler was booked like a jobber, we have to make him look strong again for the match.
Therefore the completely unmotivated victories over Bryan. But fear not, Ziggler will pick up his jobber status after WM.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
As long as it sets him up to take the title on Sunday then i don't really care. It makes Ziggler look strong heading into it and if Bryan has the belt HOPEFULLY they will book him alot stronger than recent IC champs as that's what that division and the belt needs

·
Registered
412 Posts
Vince trying to cool people on every face that isn't Reigns or Sting.
Could just be the whole ''You're going to lose now before you win on Sunday'' thing though. Hope it doesn't mean a Ziggler push is on the way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So let me get this straight, you people are all upset because in the build for a MULTI-MAN LADDER MATCH that ONE of the competitors lost a couple of times leading up to the ppv. They're not trying to cool bryan off, and they're not trying to bury him. What they are clearly trying to do here is to build a sense of uncertainty about who is actually going to win the match. How on earth would it benefit the build to this match in any way, if they showed one competitor as being simply at a significantly higher skill level than any of the others. People are far to quick to cry burial when their favorite loses. The way Bryan was treated in the royal rumble is something worth getting mad over. This is not.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
WINS.

DO.

NOT.

MATTER.

How many times this gotta be said? :lol

Did we not just see Bray go from "jobber" to facing Taker?

Bryan will be fine.
Wyatt will be back to wondering aimlessly in the mid-card right after Mania.The only reason he's facing Taker is because they are afraid to put Taker and Sting against each-other in case they bomb horribly.Wyatt is just there because of his gimmick and to see if Taker can still go in the ring.

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
He'll win on Sunday. For whatever reason losing streaks mean they'll go and win something , which makes no sense to me but he's looking likely to win on Sunday now because of these losses

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I can understand Ziggler beating Bryan to build intrigue for the ladder match, but why did it have to happen twice and in clean fashion? Bryan's booking since his return has been shocking and something tells me that this was just another nail in the coffin.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
In a well booked company it would make sense, even bryan getting pinned by the ziggler zag to make it a more deadly move.

This isn't a well booked company

·
You Spoony Bard
9,920 Posts

Bryan should not have lost both matches to Ziggler. Ziggler should have won one of the matches and DB should have won the other.

That is what the problem is.

Vince did it because Ziggler loses most of the time and he wanted the most popular guy in the company that Vince can't stand is more popular than Reigns get beat by the biggest loser in the WWE (in Vinces eyes).
No, he doesn't. Do I seriously have to post his win/loss record again? He's been booked exceptionally well since his last push. It's like you guys don't notice change. Like when people kept talking about Ziggler shaking his rear even though he stopped doing it in the summer. He isn't in the doghouse, jobbing out anymore. This isn't early 2014.

And yes, Bryan is above Ziggler. I'm not saying he isn't. But people need to stop acting like Ziggler is a jobber because he had to lose to Rusev and Rollins a few times.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Bryan losing in a throwaway match with Ziggler is a travesty to Bryan. A win over Bryan should be taken as a big deal and a game changer for the guy who beats him. Ziggler will never advance on the card so it's a waste to have Bryan lose to him.
mple of a horrendous company

I agree. The next time cena loses on tv it'll be made out to be hell frozen over.

Just another exa

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
If Bryan is going to win the IC title at WM, the WWE has a need to try to "trick" us into believing that Bryan isn't going to win the title at the event by having him lose to Ziggler twice. This is old WWE logic that hasn't changed. They have wrestlers in a feud try to swerve us by the pace of their feud and their wins and losses. Bryan is going to win the IC title Sunday, it's that obvious.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts

No, he doesn't. Do I seriously have to post his win/loss record again? He's been booked exceptionally well since his last push. It's like you guys don't notice change. Like when people kept talking about Ziggler shaking his rear even though he stopped doing it in the summer. He isn't in the doghouse, jobbing out anymore. This isn't early 2014.

And yes, Bryan is above Ziggler. I'm not saying he isn't. But people need to stop acting like Ziggler is a jobber because he had to lose to Rusev and Rollins a few times.
That's the problem though. When Ziggler loses to guys like Wyatt, Rusev, and Rollins and then pins Bryan repeatedly it devalues Bryan.

·
You Spoony Bard
9,920 Posts

That's the problem though. When Ziggler loses to guys like Wyatt, Rusev, and Rollins and then pins Bryan repeatedly it devalues Bryan.
Bryan lost to Wyatt his first Raw back (dirtily) and was eliminated by him in the Rumble. Wyatt also beat Bryan at last year's Rumble. Ziggler has beat Rollins clean. He also had him beat clean two separate times at Survivor Series. Bryan beat Rollins with Reigns' help. :draper2

·
Registered
6,640 Posts

Bryan lost to Wyatt his first Raw back (dirtily) and was eliminated by him in the Rumble. Wyatt also beat Bryan at last year's Rumble. Ziggler has beat Rollins clean. He also had him beat clean two separate times at Survivor Series. Bryan beat Rollins with Reigns' help. :draper2
That's also the issue. They're trying to create a hierarchy where Bryan is below the likes of Wyatt, Rollins, Reigns, and Rusev. I agree though that Ziggler beating Bryan shouldn't be an issue but I just dislike the fact that they are clearly marginalizing Ziggler and Bryan.

·
You Spoony Bard
9,920 Posts

That's also the issue. They're trying to create a hierarchy where Bryan is below the likes of Wyatt, Rollins, Reigns, and Rusev. I agree though that Ziggler beating Bryan shouldn't be an issue but I just dislike the fact that they are clearly marginalizing Ziggler and Bryan.
I'm against that too. My argument is simply that Ziggler isn't that far below Bryan. He's below him, but not sickeningly so in that he's beaten him. He's been called a jobber many times in this thread. He isn't. That's all I'm trying to say.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
WINS.

DO.

NOT.

MATTER.

How many times this gotta be said? :lol

Did we not just see Bray go from "jobber" to facing Taker?

Bryan will be fine.
- Evidently wins do matter otherwise why have matches at all? We'll just substitute PPVs for 2 hour 50 minute promos and have every match decided by a coin flip. Matches must not matter either, right?

- I'm pretty sure Bray being a "jobber" is probably THE main reason why a victory over Taker would be a disgrace. He will likely go back to being a "Jobber" post mania anyway so I don't understand this point.

- Will he really? I'd like to see your crystal ball. Already demoted to the mid card. Lesnar re-signed, Reigns reign of terror incoming, Sting and Taker around, Rock in the wings, below Wyatt, Rollins, Cena, Rusev in the pecking order. Where does Bryan fit in pray tell?

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
"Bryan shouldn't lose to anyone clean. EVER! Why? Because he's over, dumbass! And because he is my favorite. And because I said so. F*ck anyone elses opinion."

:jericho2

141 - 160 of 160 Posts