Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen quite a few posts saying that Reigns shouldn't/can't beat Lesnar clean, he needs someone to help him, it wouldn't be believable if he wins clean, etc....However awhile back I remember seeing a lot of posts saying that if Bryan were to go up against Brock he should get the clean pin or even make Lesnar tap out. Why does the 6'3 260 pound Samoan need help to score the pin, but 5'7-5'8 180 pound Daniel Bryan can get the clean pin or even make the 285-300 pound beast tap out?

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Because people want Reigns to turn heel, not Bryan.

·
Banned
6,752 Posts
Either guy can defeat Lesnar cleanly if they book it the correct way.

I could understand people saying Reigns shouldn't be the one to beat Lesnar, but it's foolish to say he isn't "believable." Same thing with Bryan. Both guys have strong booking behind them to make them believable contenders to bring down Brock. The problem with Reigns isn't believablity, it's just the fact that no one cares to see him win. Bryan is "the people's champion", to put it one way.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
While wrestling is scripted so anything can happen it would still look absurd in the general mainstream perception for someone like Bryan to beat Lesnar cleanly. It would probably make the WWE look foolish.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Who gives a shit about appearances in wrestling? If we had a roster full of male models who sucked in the ring and on the mic I wouldn't hesitate to drop the WWE like a hot potato.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
This reminds me of when I watch a ridiculous movie like men in black or shoot em up and someone complains that a minor detail is not believable, like "there's no way those aliens can train a horse"

·
Registered
397 Posts
While wrestling is scripted so anything can happen it would still look absurd in the general mainstream perception for someone like Bryan to beat Lesnar cleanly. It would probably make the WWE look foolish.
Wrestling is anathema to anyone even vaguely mainstream. Your average person on the street views wrestling fans as being a mixture of Appalachia hicks and closeted gays. WWE has much bigger concerns than mainstream perception

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
They both can believably beat Brock clean, if booked correctly.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Wrestling is anathema to anyone even vaguely mainstream. Your average person on the street views wrestling fans as being a mixture of Appalachia hicks and closeted gays. WWE has much bigger concerns than mainstream perception
The WWE is still always looking for new target demographics though. As I stated in another thread one thing lacking in wrestling today that has cost it a lot of popularity is the lack of realism. While the traditional David vs Goliath has happened many times throughout the decades I think that today's potential male demographic that may be convinced to start watch wrestling wants to see some type of credibility. I concur that wrestling is a niche of sorts but I think the total lack of realism today only makes it harder to compete against other sports that obviously are in fact real.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Because Bryan is one of the best wrestlers in the world and it's no inconceivable for him to out-wrestle anyone.

Reactions: DarkLady
1 - 20 of 121 Posts