Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since the Raw beat the clock challenge, and the what appeared to be a ref botch that didn't allow Jericho to win, and later Bryan winning to face Punk at Over the Limit PPV. Do you feel Jericho has now been injected into the fatal 4 way for the HW Title to fill where Daniel Bryan should actually be right now? Should we expect Jericho to actually have a winning chance for a future bigger storyline tied back into Punk, i.e. maybe a title vs title unification which Jericho is so known for. Or should we right this storyline swap and PPV matches off as just a 1 month filler/fuck up that they'll correct and get the right guys back on the right storylines, Jericho after Punk and Bryan back gunning for Sheamus, heading into Summerslam? Or will we get a IWC 3 way of Punk, DB, and Jericho out of this cluster fuck?

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
I think this is how it was supposed to go. I don't think there was any mistake, I think everything is going according to plan. Jericho/Punk and Bryan/Sheamus were over, it was time for new feuds.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Absolutely love this, the whole grouping of all those guys is amazing, and so looking forward to SD. (Y)

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
There was no mistake. And if there was, WWE would have corrected it straight away. Daniel Bryan vs Punk was always the plan. They were testing it out for weeks on Raw and Smackdown months ago. Neither had a decisive winner which makes me believe they were planning for a PPV match to see who the better man really is.

Punk/Bryan was always going to happen on PPV. And rightfully so.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Thank God Orton and Jericho got added to the WHC match. We're actually getting two legit main event guys' that can get consistent reactions in a WHC Match! Should be just Orton/Jericho but this is a step in the Right direction.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't doubt Punk and Bryan having a fued and a PPV match at some point, but was Over the Limit with a 3 week build the plan? I guess I always expected them to have a bigger kick off to a match and Finish it on a grander PPV than Over the Limit.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
what WWE do is they testing the water and got positive reaction so they went with Bryan/Punk fued...i believe OTL PPV is only beginning of their fued.

WWE knows that the fans don't give a flying fuck about Del rio vs Sheamus so they have to added in with Orton/Jericho.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
This is great. Del rio vs Sheamus sucked hardcore. But unfortunately no matter who wins, Jericho will get pinned.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
I don't think Jericho's match being botched affected the plans at all. If you remember, Jericho looked as if he was going to win with one second remaining. Orton's match that followed had Orton beating Miz's time by two seconds, or Jericho's rumored time by one second. The story I believe WWE was going with at that point during the beat the clock challenge was to have the competitors win with one second remaining. In the end run, Orton probably still would have won and Bryan's match might have come down to one second as well. But this is all what if at this point.

I am excited for this fatal four way match. Excellent choice by WWE.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
Daniel Bryan and Chris Jericho were swapped, but not because it was a mistake. CM Punk beat Jericho two times already. But yeah it seems like they switched roles for the time being.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Thought Del Rio was the swap for DB, glad that wasn't the case. Jericho should shake things up on SD, especially now that Orton is back in the ME. Kane probably moving on to Ryder. Maybe Jericho might bring up the punt. (Y)

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Also it seems like they dropped the AJ thing, unless Daniel Bryan continues that on Smackdown.
Honestly starting to wonder if DB was traded at all. And he will make occasional appearances on SD to still drag the piss outta some people. I doubt Punk vs DB is a filler, he is on the NO WAY OUT poster.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Also it seems like they dropped the AJ thing, unless Daniel Bryan continues that on Smackdown.
Both AJ and Bryan are on the No Way Out poster, so I doubt it. If anything, I could see AJ helping Bryan win the title at OTL. And maybe we'll get an AJ/Bryan wedding :D

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
Honestly starting to wonder if DB was traded at all. And he will make occasional appearances on SD to still drag the piss outta some people. I doubt Punk vs DB is a filler, he is on the NO WAY OUT poster.
Yeah I agree, that Bryan will have to do something come No Way Out, whether its with CM Punk or who ever wins the World Title come Fatal Four Way. But I don't think he was traded, the Supershow basically allows RAW and Smackdown guys to feud with each other. He is still under the Smackdown brand on WWE.com.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Yeah, they swapped over. Y2J losing out on the WWE title, it's maybe understandable he goes straight for a WHC shot. Bryan loses the WHC belt and he get's moved up to the WWE title shot straight away. It seems odd, but maybe they are saying the belts are inter-changeable somewhat? It's an easy switch and a good one imo. The best thing that came out of Raw, in terms of OTL was the WHC match being changed to a Fatal 4-way. That feud was seriously lacking in all compartments compared to what it could and should be. It's infinitely more interesting now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts