Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Best In The World
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0303/589977/graphic-video-of-intergender-match-goes-viral/

Video in link but I'll cut and paste the text. If anyone can embed the vid that would be awesome.

Anyways here's the text from the article.

Video footage from a recent intergender match between independent wrestlers Chris Dickinson and Kimber Lee is garnering attention online and renewing the debate regarding how male-on-female violence is presented in the ring.

The match took place on March 1 at Beyond Wrestling's "King of Arts" show in Providence, Rhode Island. Dickinson squared off against the undefeated Kimber Lee in an unadvertised match and the male grappler ultimately defeated his opponent via pinfall. Before covering Lee for the win, Dickinson landed a stiff chair shot to her head and followed up with a rough-looking high cross power bomb into the corner of the ring. Lee's head narrowly misses the ring post before he pulls her back into the center of the ring for an unorthodox pin.

Beyond Wrestling appeared to acknowledge the controversial finish with a brief note on their official Facebook page:

"We will post an update on Kimber Lee's condition when it becomes available."
Footage from the bout has received wide circulation via Facebook and Twitter, with at one version racking up close to 100,000 views. Other versions show the final moments of the match from three different angles.

Reaction via social media has been varied, with some fans noting that Kimber Lee entered the match of her own volition while others have expressed that Dickinson went too far.

Dickinson is a 12-year veteran of the squared circle. Earlier this year, he made his debut in Ring of Honor, losing to Michael Elgin during the promotion's Winter Warriors Tour. In 2010, Dickinson briefly held the JAPW tag titles with Sami Callihan and he has also previously held title gold for Cleveland, Ohio-based Absolute Intense Wrestling.

As we reported last week, Dickinson lost his cool with the live crowd at CZW's 16th anniversary show in Philadelphia and went on to harangue the city as well as the historic ECW Arena in an rant posted to his Facebook page.

This is why in my opinion there should never be male v female matches.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Is this even a gender issue? He bashed someone over the head with a chair as hard as he could (meaning he's a stupid cunt) and then gave them an unsafe powerbomb. This would be an idiotic, horrible thing to do to any fellow wrestler, regardless of if they were a woman or not. As for the subject of whether or not men and women should wrestle; if both parties feel comfortable doing it, then there isn't any problem. Madison Eagles (former SHIMMER champion, current PWA Tag champ) has regularly been wrestling in tag matches against all male opponents over the last year, and I don't think anybody really cares. These matches are only a problem if they bring negative publicity which, if they are worked properly and safely, won't happen.

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
That sounds more like an issue with the worker in question being unsafe rather than inter-gender matches being a bad idea.

Intergender matches should be as safe as any other pro wrestling match as long as the participants are careful & professional.

Dickinson (what a perfect name) sounds like he was completely out of line and was unsafe with his fellow worker. Your opponent in wrestling is supposed to be your dance partner and you should be working together to perform and tell your story. This guy just sounds like he flipped and was completely unsafe with her.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have no issue with inter-gender matches taking place, if a female wants to do that damage to her body she has every right to do so.
That aside, I have no interest in watching inter-gender wrestling. It's just not good.

·
WWE plant
4,058 Posts
I seem to remember this Asian girl having her face broken to pieces by (what was supposed to pass for) another female wrestler not too long ago.

That looked way worse than this. Idiots will always be idiots.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Seems like the guy is just dangerous. Nothing wrong with male vs female matches if both are safe

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
What I think people are missing here is, would he have been unsafe or not give a damn had he worked with a guy the same size who could actually hurt him back because its not like she'd do it. As sexist as that sounds, think about it , he took liberties because she's a woman, when a guy would beat the shit out of him for trying to do that crap . At least that's how I see it

·
Ελευθερί&#
4,170 Posts
The guy seems like a sack of shit. He threw her around with little care if he injured her. Not to mention, that chair shot to her head. Anyway, he and his two inch erection can go fuck themselves.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
It's unfortunate that most of the people who will see this don't follow Beyond, or know what Kimber Lee has been doing for the last year or more. I think this was done to further what shes been doing, and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if this was at least partially her idea. The spot was fucking stupid, and one could argue that Dickinson was out of line, but what he did was following a script. You can see JT Dunn (Her boyfriend, for those unaware) watching the whole thing from ringside, and you have to believe that if this was anything unplanned or excessive, he'd be the first one in the ring to stop it.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts

That powerbomb was THE perfect example of a Botch missing the bottom turnbuckle padding even! Messed up can see was meant to be an angle but no way was that move not screwed up.
Tbh though saying this example is pure reason to do away with intergender matches is unfair when its all down to the working together of the wrestlers like

or Kimber Lee doing this

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Either way a chair shot like that in 2015 is the epitome of idiocy. I won't watch that crap now at any level.

If this was anything but a work we'd be hearing about it. Hey, but Dickinson is drawing the heat for it instead of the promotion so a wrestling angle that actually gets the heel over for a change. Too bad it takes absolute stupidity on the part of one of the wrestlers.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
That sounds more like an issue with the worker in question being unsafe rather than inter-gender matches being a bad idea.

Intergender matches should be as safe as any other pro wrestling match as long as the participants are careful & professional.

Dickinson (what a perfect name) sounds like he was completely out of line and was unsafe with his fellow worker. Your opponent in wrestling is supposed to be your dance partner and you should be working together to perform and tell your story. This guy just sounds like he flipped and was completely unsafe with her.
sounds like he let his emotions get the best of him which is never good in sports anyway. at least wrestling , But i agree i have no problem with inter gender matches. :wut

·
Getting molested by Bill DeMott
2,628 Posts
how is this worse then the 90s dudley boys putting women through table including mae young
you can gimmick a table to make it easier to break through and in any case going through a table is a lot safer and can cause less long term damage than taking a stiff chairshot to the cranium. Dude hit her head even though she gave him the arm to cushion the blow.

Doesn't help that Dickinson seemed to be getting off on it, the sick fuck :denirolol

Apparently she's been cleared to wrestle again soon. I honestly can't fathom how any doctor in their right mind would clear someone that quickly after witnessing that. She almost certainly had a concussion from the chair shot which likely helped lead to the botched powerbomb.

·
Registered
601 Posts
how is this worse then the 90s dudley boys putting women through table including mae young
In a well done powerbomb, like Bubba's, the person getting it is pretty well protected. There's risk, but it's minimal.

The Beyond incident was an unprotected massive chair shot to the head and an extremely poor and brutal powerbomb without any regard for the person he gave it to.

Besides the fact that they were both a powerbomb there's no similarities.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.