Wrestling Forum banner

Bruiser Brody

1837 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Bobby Brainbuster
I've been watching alot of wrestling's most tragic icons lately, the one and only Bruiser Brody (R.I.P.) and after watching some of his matches and promos I was left wondering what could have been if Frank Goodish ever signed with WWF. Do you think he would have become more of a mainstream legend the likes of Ric Flair or do you think he would have remained a more underground legend similar to how he's looked at today? A popular belief is that Brody would not be as infamous as he is today had he not been murdered, but the guy was insanely over, just watch his matches (especially his matches in japan and his match with Flair) I personally believe he would be among the greats these days had his tragic death not occured, and I also believe that we missed out on some great matches that could've taken place during his 90's run had he opted not to retire. The big man has been gone a long time but never forgotten. HUSS!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Custom User Title
18,410 Posts
He was a pretty bad worker but yeah he could be just be ridiculously ridiculously over. He had this thing of not staying in any set company too long though and pretty much toured his entire career. He would've made one hell of a sight to see in the WWF, though. Who knows what they could've come up with for him.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True he was not the greatest worker, but neither were alot of big names from back then, the thing is that he was incredibly entertaining to watch and to listen to. I would've loved to see him in WCW as well or even early ECW, Brody vs Vader in WCW at that time could have been a big money maker.

· Premium Member
1,824 Posts
I´m not so sure about Brody being a good fit for the WWF at that time, tbh. Maybe he would have had a Terry Funk like incarnation in ECW?

But I really do think that he would have changed the business even more than he did anyway. Maybe he really would have been able to form at least some kind of labor union. Just image how THAT would change the business even more nowadays.

· Banned
266 Posts
Not a big fan of his,he was a terrible wrestler.Watch Necro Butcher,he is preety much his reincarnation,both in the sense of appereance and ring "work".

· Registered
104 Posts
Unfortunately, I haven't seen too much of Bruiser Brody but what I have seen was pretty entertaining. He would have been excellent for WCW in the late 80s and early 90s and then into ECW afterwards. Saying that, that was pretty much what 'middle-aged and crazy' Terry Funk did, talking of which...

I´m not so sure about Brody being a good fit for the WWF at that time, tbh. Maybe he would have had a Terry Funk like incarnation in ECW?

But I really do think that he would have changed the business even more than he did anyway. Maybe he really would have been able to form at least some kind of labor union. Just image how THAT would change the business even more nowadays.
I am inclined to agree. Terry Funk only lasted in the WWF for a year (1986 for the most part) and his career highlight there was to get buried by Hulk Hogan so I am sure Bruiser Brody would have recieved the same treatment before moving on.

Brody vs Funk in ECW would have probably made compulsive viewing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.