Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When was the last time that you've heard either Goldust or Cody reference each other as brothers?

WWE could have really capitalized off of this again if properly booked.

·
Unlucky! Better luck next time!
416 Posts
On the WWE website, Goldust is in one of the incredibly cringy videos talking about Dusty Rhodes, and he says "...with my brother, Cody Rhodes". He talks about when he inducted his dad into the Hall Of Fame, so I'm not sure if that was the last time. They don't mention it much because of Goldust's character.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cody mentioned it on NXT.

It's the fact that their characters are so different that would make an amazing storyline.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
The Dashing one has mentioned it a few times

They're not really trying to hide it

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not the fact that they're hiding it, it's that they haven't capitalized off of it.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I'm all for Goldust not getting pushed and to get released so therefore..... terrible idea.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Obviously there is going to be a feud between Cody and Drew.

Cody might turn into an 'arrogant face'
Doesn't suck up to the crowd as such, but gets cheered.. Might get the push soon.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I think they had a short match once on RAW when Cody first joined Legacy.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
They should have Cody-Goldust team up(with Dusty and DiBiase sr as managers) and then DiBiase jr gets mad that his dad is managing the "enemy" so he goes and gets his brother from FCW and they start a tag team and eventually, DiBiase SR turns on the rhodes and joins his sons.

Then we have a Rhodes vs DiBiase tag feud, that'd be real great.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
They should have Cody-Goldust team up(with Dusty and DiBiase sr as managers) and then DiBiase jr gets mad that his dad is managing the "enemy" so he goes and gets his brother from FCW and they start a tag team and eventually, DiBiase SR turns on the rhodes and joins his sons.

this^

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Their separation of brands is the only problem, but it could REALLY make a great story.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I think they're saving a Cody/Goldust feud for Goldust's retirement. If you look at Goldust's twitter and read his pride for his brother, I think Goldust would love nothing more than to have his last match against Cody where he puts him over.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Cody also mentioned "his brother" in a promo where he was talking about his good looks and asked something along the lines of "Have you seen my brother? Have you seen my father? It's not DNA." or something like that.

I think a Dashing Dust tag team with them could be funny.

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
Don't they mention that Cody is the son of "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes and brother of Goldust in like every one of his matches?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't they mention that Cody is the son of "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes and brother of Goldust in like every one of his matches?
They don't mention Goldust being his brother.

·
Banned
1,774 Posts

a wrestlemania 3 on 3 tornado tag match match between the rhodes and dibiasi families would be one of the coolest matches in a long time :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts