Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When sheamus was chanting this while setting up for it, I couldn't help but face palm. I found it to be so stupid, along the lines of when edge tried to get people to chant spear. Only thing i could think of is that either he or creative wants him to have a "sing along" chant. Just seems so forced, i hope it doesnt stick.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Well, the "Spear" chant worked for Edge, so I don't see how there's anything wrong with Sheamus giving it a try. The Brogue Kick only looks a thousand times better than Edge's running cuddle anyway.

·
Still searching
4,391 Posts
He's been doing this since long before YES! YES! got popular.

I like it, works just like HBK's stomping before a SCM or Kofi's bizarre Boom clapping, get the crowd involved more, which is always a good thing these days.

·
Registered
485 Posts
What's wrong with Sheamus?..
Oh, yeah, he is stale, he is pale(see, what I did there), he berries like his evil predecessor, that DAMN HHH, he gets mixed reactions, he tells bad jokes, he can't wrestle, get's gassed.
Sounds like we've heard that before. That list above is a list of vast stereotypes and and hate, mostly from the Bryan marks, because Sheamus stole their idols title. I don't see anything drastically wrong with Sheamus.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Sheamus has been doing that for a while now. I quite like it, it gets the fans involved before he hits his finisher similar to HBKs stomping on the foot before hitting Sweet Chin Music. Nothing wrong with it at all.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well, the "Spear" chant worked for Edge, so I don't see how there's anything wrong with Sheamus giving it a try. The Brogue Kick only looks a thousand times better than Edge's running cuddle anyway.
Did it really? Only asking because I watched WM26 two days ago and the whole video package between Jericho and Edge (plus Matt Striker's inane commentary) was centred around the word "Spear" yet during the completely forgettable match there was only about 20 people chanting it.

Anyway I didn't notice him doing this, at this stage I've learnt to just phase Shameus out. I hate the word Brogue, though and I hate his stupid Brogue T-Shirt. (Incidentally at WM26 it was still called the big boot which I much prefer.)

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
I haven't watched it, but he should scream it while pounding his chest. Try to convince people that he's a crazy Irish mofo ready to dominate. KInda like the Ultamite Warrior or something.

·
Banned
401 Posts
When sheamus was chanting this while setting up for it, I couldn't help but face palm. I found it to be so stupid, along the lines of when edge tried to get people to chant spear. Only thing i could think of is that either he or creative wants him to have a "sing along" chant. Just seems so forced, i hope it doesnt stick.
Yeah it is pretty stupid.

·
Banned
1,057 Posts
Even worse than SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR.
And I am an Edgehead

·
Banned
1,054 Posts
He annoys me. But I think it's just his gimmick and booking at the moment that annoys me.

The guy earlier that said him being "pale" was a reason for not liking him is a moron, by the way.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
I think it's a good idea. Gets the crowd going before the potential finish just as HBK had done tuning up the band.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Sheamus has been doing that for a while now. I quite like it, it gets the fans involved before he hits his finisher similar to HBKs stomping on the foot before hitting Sweet Chin Music. Nothing wrong with it at all.
This, he's been doing it for the longest while, and to add to HBK's routine, Orton also has that hearing voices moment, and Kofi does the boom clap thing. I don't mind it at all imo.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
This thread is epic fail. The forum is getting worse by the day.

Any small thing to bash the wrestler you dislike? Really, OP ?

Personally, I think its awesome. Sheamus is good. Haters can fuck off.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts