Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im i the only one that is wondering how long WWE are gonna keep Brodus as this sideshow dancing dinosaur before he starts getting taken seriously and pushing him for titles, main events etc.

Brodus Clay is a very big guy, but non the less, he is VERY athletic. i just hope they dont take as long to push him as they did Mark Henry.

Dont get me wrong i love 'Somebody call ma mama' but he's capable of a whole lot more than he's doing now,.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Nobody likes squash matches and definatly not when they squash fan favorites like Dolph Ziggler.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I'd like to point out Brodus isn't very athletic. He's just younger than most of the "big guys" and clearly pushes himself much more than the other big guys so he doesnt last as long in the ring without basically getting puffed out.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Funkasaurus has no real future in this gimmick.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd like to point out Brodus isn't very athletic. He's just younger than most of the "big guys" and clearly pushes himself much more than the other big guys so he doesnt last as long in the ring without basically getting puffed out.
I don't think he's really been giving a long enough match to get 'puffed' out, and the fact he's pushing himself means he will get used to pushing himself, his stamina will improve etc, thats just basic human physiology.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I don't think he's really been giving a long enough match to get 'puffed' out, and the fact he's pushing himself means he will get used to pushing himself, his stamina will improve etc, thats just basic human physiology.
I never said he wouldn't improve, though. Just saying at the moment he's not considerably athletic enough to actually be noted as an 'athletic big guy'.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
The gimmick was good at first, but now it's a bit shite, so if they're gonna push him I'd like to see him drop the shitty gimmick

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just want to see Clay have a bit more of a challenge, because at the moment his matches are nothing more than glorified 'Ryback' matches.

·
Stopping The Show
1,973 Posts
to kill his gimmick and move him into a serious one without making the change so blatently obv.......... they need someone to steal his funk from him... kinda like when dr evil stole austin powers mojo..... soo he he becomes a bad ass angry monster trying to get his funk back in a "funk till you drop" match

·
Registered
39 Posts
I hope they won't push him at all until he drops all his excessive body fat. He obviously hasn't got the athleticism to be a main eventer. Big Show and Mark Henry are huge guys, but neither of them has the same amount of fat.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
A generation of wrestling fans suffering from ADD.

I seem to be the only one around here who thinks Clay is a)fantastic and b)good for business. Loved the inclusion of the kids, I've been comparing him to JYD for some time now. Not everyone needs to be 'the man', he's heavily featured, making good money and entertaining the fans, what more could one ask for?...Oh wait, IWC = never happy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just because Brodus Clay isn't the 'photo perfect' sort of athlete doesn't mean that he shouldnt be pushed, he's got a different sort of style and whether you like it or not is actually athletic.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
A generation of wrestling fans suffering from ADD.

I seem to be the only one around here who thinks Clay is a)fantastic and b)good for business. Loved the inclusion of the kids, I've been comparing him to JYD for some time now. Not everyone needs to be 'the man', he's heavily featured, making good money and entertaining the fans, what more could one ask for?...Oh wait, IWC = never happy.
My feelings on it exactly. Its that mentality that if hes not a ME guy hes a jobber or a waste of time. Funkasaurus is great and is over with the crowds.

Plus if Brodus was just another monster heel we'd have people complaining about him being just generic monster heel #23463457

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My feelings on it exactly. ITs that mentality that if hes not a ME guy hes a jobber or a waste of time. Funkasaurus is great and is over with the crowds.

Plus if Brodus was just another monster heel we'd have people complaining about him being just generic monster heel #23463457
Agree 100% he's a great crowd pleaser

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Brodus Clay is the classic example of a guy who could serously benefit by being put mostly into tag matches.

Maybe you'd put him into a permanent team or maybe you'd have him team with random faces in one-off matches but either way giving him a partner who can carry the workload is the best thing WWE can give him, think of Andre the Giant teaming up with Haku. You can't continue to give him squash matches forever but he's not athletic enough to be put in long competitive matchups. This is the only way for him to be used in a much higher capacity than comedy filler.

Clay's gimmick in of itself is not a problem. The guy's a 300+ lb. beast, he can act goofy while still conceivably beating anyone below the upper midcard. He just needs to participate in longer matches.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Remember brodus clay promo before he came back to wwe, Johnny ace kept pushing back his debut. The promo made him seem like he was gonna be dominate but then the big debut finally arrives and.............. FUNKY FUNKY FUNKY!!!! (the start of brodus theme) comes on and this guy comes out dancing to "SOMEBODY CALL MY MAMMA". A fucking disco song. At first I thought it was funny but I immediately thought to myself that this gimmick is not gonna last long. I thought they would of made a different character out of him by now. :no: remember his character at the WM28?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts