Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Funkasaurus thing is making him look like a prick.

When Brodus Clay came into WWE at first, I had high hopes for the guy. I thought he might get a main event push and be taken seriously. He was a real throw back to the likes of King Kong Bundy, but WWE managed to fuck it up. If Clay does manage to drop all this, he will still have that hanging over his head. People still talk about Mae Young's hand to this day when discussing Mark Henry. Why is it so hard for WWE to debut a monster with a clean slate and keep them that way?

Not everyone likes to see Vladimir Kozlov dancing. Or the Great Khali kissing fat chicks. Damn it WWE. You give them main event pushes, you're only hurting yourselves by turning them into jokes.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
He will soon enough. He's got the crowd in his hands. Then he turns heel. Everyone cares because they liked him. Boom, success.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
He doesn't look like a prick at all. He's still undefeated, he's over with casuals and smarks and when he does get serious or pissed off about something he looks like a badass and the fans get behind him. Sure the Funkasaurus character has a limited shelf-life, but if and when Clay is ready to main event he can turn heel or tweak his character and make far more impact than if he was just generic monster #238. I would much rather see characters like Clay that the fans can connect with than a bunch of generic guys that are billed as 'monsters' but nobody gives a shit about.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
He will soon enough. He's got the crowd in his hands. Then he turns heel. Everyone cares because they liked him. Boom, success.
Exactly. They need something for most of the casuals to remember him from. The heel turn is going to happen, and I think that's when you see the "star".

·
Banned
609 Posts
WWE history is filled with countless number of big men and giants who come to the ring smiling. Then get angry and become a monster. And attack other smiley big men. Then another angry big man gets jealous that he's not the top angry big man, so he starts to smile and takes on the angry big man and wins, then begin to go to the ring smiling until they get angry and become a monster again and attack smiling big men, making those smiley big men turn angry.

Name one giant who doesn't fit that description and has been in the company for at least a year. Name just one. In HISTORY for that matter, not just today.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Why does he need to change he's over with the crowd and they've shown his current face character can have a serious side with his stuff with Big Show. I say let his character be its actually working, possibly let him show that more serious side a little more going forward but thats it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Let's make him a mean, big, bad "monster"......

That's never been done before :no:

I want the Funkasaurus

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
He could have been a new Vader. That promo he cut on the final NXT about being the thing that goes bump in the night was stellar. He proposed an idea about dominating opponents and then putting them into his "Hall of Pain". Writers liked the idea of course - for Mark Henry. They made Clay a dancing fool and he'll never be able to recover from it.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
WWE history is filled with countless number of big men and giants who come to the ring smiling. Then get angry and become a monster. And attack other smiley big men. Then another angry big man gets jealous that he's not the top angry big man, so he starts to smile and takes on the angry big man and wins, then begin to go to the ring smiling until they get angry and become a monster again and attack smiling big men, making those smiley big men turn angry.

Name one giant who doesn't fit that description and has been in the company for at least a year. Name just one. In HISTORY for that matter, not just today.
TAKER!

·
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why does he need to change he's over with the crowd and they've shown his current face character can have a serious side with his stuff with Big Show. I say let his character be its actually working, possibly let him show that more serious side a little more going forward but thats it.
Because deep down, nobody wants to see it. It was okay as a troll type thing for the first week, but it got old extremely fast. And it's cringeworthy when he brings in the kids to dance fpalm

Nobody wants to see that shit. Ask anyone in the audience and I bet they'll tell you they would rather see Brodus Clay tearing shit up than dancing like a fool. I know you'll probably say "I like the Funaksaurus" but I don't even think Brodus Clay himself likes it. He was forced into that roll because Vince thinks fat guys dancing is funny. And then sheep like yourselves buy into it.

I want G-RILLA back, damnit.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Because deep down, nobody wants to see it. It was okay as a troll type thing for the first week, but it got old extremely fast. And it's cringeworthy when he brings in the kids to dance fpalm

Nobody wants to see that shit. Ask anyone in the audience and I bet they'll tell you they would rather see Brodus Clay tearing shit up than dancing like a fool. I know you'll probably say "I like the Funaksaurus" but I don't even think Brodus Clay himself likes it. He was forced into that roll because Vince thinks fat guys dancing is funny. And then sheep like yourselves buy into it.

I want G-RILLA back, damnit.
If he was to come in as a monster heel and beat people down, he'd be getting a lesser reaction than Tesnai gets and would've been off TV by April. People wouldn't have a reason to care.

And WWE's target audience, TEH KIDS, love him.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
They have started his slowturn on SD.... Do it gradual, and it will play out nicely.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I've said this from the beginning. Brodus was made to be a monster heel. It's in his DNA. I mean, just look at the guy. Turning him into a jiggling, jive talking funk master is like turning Cena into a Dean Malenko type shooter character. It just doesn't/wouldn't work.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
I liked what they did with him and Show. He's still the Funkasaurus, but he upped the intensity when the situation called for it. I wouldn't mind that.

I do like how when he debuted people were saying this is better than "another monster heel" but now that they're tired of him, they want him to be another monster heel.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Speaking of Big Show, everybody noticed how suddenly, Big Show became at least twice as strong as before?
I didn't know that super human strength is one of the side effects of turning heel.

P.S.. don't ask me to explain Cena's super strength, I am not writing those stories.

·
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If he was to come in as a monster heel and beat people down, he'd be getting a lesser reaction than Tesnai gets and would've been off TV by April. People wouldn't have a reason to care.

And WWE's target audience, TEH KIDS, love him.
And yet Tensai got a very audible reaction on Monday, so I don't know what you or anyone else is talking about.

I swear this forum is obsessed with "reactions"...

·
#Born2Rap
5,831 Posts
Bleh, he becomes a monster heel then gets fed to Cena. He's good for comic relief and the kids love him. Just let him be.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts