Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching the tag team match on raw, just notice how weak Brodus clay looks as he was beat with only 3 moves.
It looked totally unrealistic, and he even tapped out before swagger fully applied his finishing move.

Your thoughts, anyone else notice this.

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
I didn't watch the match, I only saw the swing and the tapout, but Tons of Funk are pure jobbers now, so this doesn't come as a shock. They don't book you based on your size anymore, they book you based on how they view you as a talent, and frankly, Brodus and especially Tensai just aren't very good. Now if you're a big guy AND somebody they like, you got the best of both worlds (see, Sheamus, Big Show), but if you're just big and that's it, good luck to ya.

·
Lurking. Always lurking.
4,725 Posts
His moveset is one of the weakest looking clotheslines I've ever seen, a headbut that never connects which is basically just him standing still with his head bowed down, a corner rush which Ziggler makes look 10 times more impactfull even though he's 1/3rd his weight, and ... wait, what's his finisher again? We don't see that move very often.. :lmao

That being said, his current position in the roster (jobber's gonna job) really doesn't pain me one bit. He deserves it.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I used to be real high on Brodus back when he was with Rio. Dude was BOSS.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
After watching the tag team match on raw, just notice how weak Brodus clay looks as he was beat with only 3 moves.
It looked totally unrealistic, and he even tapped out before swagger fully applied his finishing move.

Your thoughts, anyone else notice this.
You just noticed this now, they both have been jobbers since the beginning.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I've been saying it for least a month now, him and Tensai should turn heel and join Team Heyman. Tensai was originally aligned with Heyman back at Survivor Series 2003, turn the two of them heel and have them be his hired help.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I've been saying it for least a month now, him and Tensai should turn heel and join Team Heyman. Tensai was originally aligned with Heyman back at Survivor Series 2003, turn the two of them heel and have them be his hired help.
Are you kidding, these guys are a joke, turning them heel would do nothing, they are jobbers. That's like saying put Heath Slater and his buddies with Heyman.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
They should have just kept him as Del Rio's bodyguard. Then move him into a feud against him or something.

·
How you doing?
4,958 Posts
wasn't he posed to be the next big monster heel at one stage
Yeah, they only threw that idea out and made him into a happy dancing idiot squashing jobbers, helped out Daniel Bryan with Big Show during a match cause Show knocked Brodus out (it's still in Big Shows intro video, rofl) i believe and than teamed up with Tensai and is jobbing again. They just need for him to go back to his old gimmick, where he was actually scary looking, and give him a new move set at the same time. Using your weight just because your fat is not the best way to set up move set, remember Bam Bam Bigelow? He was a big dude and and still managed agile moves.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Brodus Clay is just being a jobber which he is pretty much all he is really good for.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I didn't watch the match, I only saw the swing and the tapout, but Tons of Funk are pure jobbers now, so this doesn't come as a shock. They don't book you based on your size anymore, they book you based on how they view you as a talent, and frankly, Brodus and especially Tensai just aren't very good. Now if you're a big guy AND somebody they like, you got the best of both worlds (see, Sheamus, Big Show), but if you're just big and that's it, good luck to ya.
Brodus was fucking awesome as a heel on NXT and Superstars

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
He looks like something you would create on the old wwf attitude playstation game

1 - 20 of 20 Posts