Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The most impressive thing about the Funkasaurus gimmick is that Clay is pulling it off even though he can't dance. Dude has no rhythm. He can't keep a beat.

He can do it for a bit when the girls are right next to him in the ring. He can go side to side 2x with the girls helping him out, but that's it.

When he walks to the ring he's consistently off-beat. Watch him. It's like he's completely unaware there's a loud, rhythmic beat in the music. There's no way he could even clap in time with the beat if he had too. If you can't walk in time to the beat, it's because you can't hear it. But the girls stay on beat the whole time.

At first I was puzzled why he kept doing these random spaz dinosaur moves off-beat. I thought it was on purpose until I realized, nope, he just can't hear the beat and they are trying to hide that by having him do more "freestyle" moves.

In a certain sense, it's quite impressive that he's pulling off a gimmick he doesn't have a natural talent for.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I remember read that WWE(WWF on those times) wanted that Edge also danced on his intro but they didn't because Edge was one of the worst dancers ever.

I wonder how bad he was at that because if they let the Clay dance, sure they don't have high dancing standards.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Obviously they assume all black people can dance and jump high and run fast. In all likelihood.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
It's all good, he's no Rikishi but he's cool. (Y)

·
Premium Member
44,383 Posts
I said that from the beginning. The guy can't dance worth crap. I am fairly certain I could outdance him and THAT is sad.

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually like Brodus. I just think it's funny that he's got a dancing gimmick, but can't dance. I'm actually impressed he's found a way to make it work despite that.

·
Registered
913 Posts
He can dance but not very well. I'm more concerned about his in ring work.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
He's fucking god awful at dancing but can you blame him? If I was in his position I wouldn't even bother trying. The whole entire character is an embarassment to the industry and he doesn't stand a chance of ever gaining any credibility with it. He can have squash matches as well as mini comedy feuds but that's as far as they'll go with him. A two or three month Big Show feud would be low quality television but at least he'll actually be apart of something. I'd fast foward every single second of it but it would serve its purpose keeping Big Show out of the main event scene.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Who cares if he can't dancing really good ? This is not a dancing comptetition.
All who matters in his entrance is if that's entertaining.The people loves this so he does a beautiful job.
And I rather see Brodus Clay dancing that a dancing competition

1 - 20 of 21 Posts