Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Re: Lesnar Mysterio

Lol this isn’t long term booking. They’re booking on the fly. Cain Velasquez came in and they threw him with Rey because they’re both Latino. Brock attacking Rey and his son wasn’t meant to lead to a storyline they just wanted the OMG BORK moment. I can guarantee you that Brock was nowhere in the Rey retirement angle plans from the get go. They didn’t intentionally plan it out this way lol it kind of just happened to come together nicely after the shakeup and with Bray and Brock being unallowed to have a match together for obvious reasons.
I mean, you're saying and guaranteeing all this stuff with zero proof or evidence to back it up lol.

Okay so even if the initial Rey retirement moment didn't involve Brock, it still set out the stall for everything that has happened. Rey's son got him motivated by preventing Rey's retirment, Rey became no 1 contender for the Universal title, Brock cost Rey a shot at the Universal title and attacked his son, Rey brings in Cain Velasquez for revenge, that doesn't work so now Rey is going for Brock himself and at Survivor Series he finally gets his shot for the World Championship that Brock cost him before. It's a been a very good arc for Mysterio at the least and a pretty good story overall involving Brock.

And even if you want to ignore all that, the Cain stuff began early October, that's still a pretty long buildup which sort of negates the OP.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,720 Posts
Re: Lesnar Mysterio

I mean, you're saying and guaranteeing all this stuff with zero proof or evidence to back it up lol.

Okay so even if the initial Rey retirement moment didn't involve Brock, it still set out the stall for everything that has happened. Rey's son got him motivated by preventing Rey's retirment, Rey became no 1 contender for the Universal title, Brock cost Rey a shot at the Universal title and attacked his son, Rey brings in Cain Velasquez for revenge, that doesn't work so now Rey is going for Brock himself and at Survivor Series he finally gets his shot for the World Championship that Brock cost him before. It's a been a very good arc for Mysterio at the least and a pretty good story overall involving Brock.

And even if you want to ignore all that, the Cain stuff began early October, that's still a pretty long buildup which sort of negates the OP.
I just know how WWE operates lol, almost everything good that they do magically falls into their laps or comes together by chance. 95% of the good in WWE is non-intentional. (Yes movement, The Fiend, Becky, Kofimania, etc) It’s like night and day in comparison with AEW, where everything is done with purpose. But hey, maybe you’re right, maybe they did plan some of this and if they did then good on them because it hasn’t been half bad.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I would say there is much more anticipation for this match then the Universal title match. And the buildup has been going on for weeks! It started all the way back in the summer when Rey was considering retirement. If anything, this is one of the occasions where WWE should be praised for their long term booking.of
Exactly, you dont have to be on tv every week. This has been a great build.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
This isn’t going to be a squash. They’ve been letting Rey get the advantage over Brock on a few occasions. They changed it to a no DQ match. He’ll get about the same time that AJ and Bryan got in the prior 2 Survivor Series matches.

Dominic will interfere and help get a near fall, but obviously Brock is winning.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So yea that was about 7 or 8 minutes. Pretty decent honestly. :) I was just like, get him brock, fuck him up. I was worried for a minute when he was offering to actually give the pipe to mysterio at one point. "no, dont let him take it, bad idea!"

Thank fucking god he kicked out with both mysterio and dominique pinning him at the same time.
Happy brock won. :) Thank you.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
sorry but I can't remotely take rey mysterio seriously when he is essentially wearing a clown outfit. It just looks so out of place when you are showing up to wrestle brock lesnar of all people, like why would you be worrying about making sure your attire is so unique and flashy when you are about to wrestle the strongest guy on the roster? he doesnt look like he means business at all.

he looks utterly ridiculous tbh. I don't know why rey has suddenly got this urge to be incredibly artsy with his ring attires.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,859 Posts
of all the championship matches i've seen, that was certainly one of them.

·
youtube/BareFootTuna
3,591 Posts
i was sports entertained. not going lie, seeing father and son team up was super dope
This this this. I was there live. Video on my youtube channel. The spots, the atmosphere, the double 619. This was about as perfect as the match could have been. The crowd loved it. Super good feel moments. Its also why the woman's match instantly suffered. They were not going to follow the atmospheric moments created by Brock vs Mysterio.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts