Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
25,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

WWE said:
Fired-up and ready to avenge his family, Rey Mysterio will challenge Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship at Survivor Series on Sunday, Nov. 24.

Lesnar made his rivalry with Mysterio intensely personal when he attacked The Ultimate Underdog’s son Dominik on the Sept. 30 edition of Raw. Mysterio retaliated, bringing Cain Velasquez — who famously defeated Lesnar for the UFC Heavyweight Title in 2010 — to WWE on Friday Night SmackDown that same week. That confrontation, moments after The Beast Incarnate’s WWE Championship victory over Kofi Kingston, set the stage for a WWE Title showdown between the longtime rivals at WWE Crown Jewel.

Lesnar vanquished Velasquez with the Coquina Clutch in that rapid-fire bout, but Mysterio refused to allow Lesnar the satisfaction of victory, bludgeoning The Beast with a steel chair. The Ultimate Underdog’s brazen assault infuriated Lesnar, who quit SmackDown for the sole purpose of coming to Raw to “hunt” the red brand Superstar.

In search of answers, not even the announce team was safe from Lesnar’s Raw rampage. After The Conqueror sent Dio Maddin crashing through the announce table, Rey pummeled the nigh-unstoppable juggernaut with a steel pipe and challenged The Beast to a WWE Championship Match at Survivor Series.

Mysterio has made a career of beating the odds, going toe-to-toe with the likes of The Undertaker, Kane, Mark Henry, Batista, The Great Khali and, yes, even Lesnar in the past. However, now that Lesnar has repeatedly crossed the line by targeting Mysterio’s family, we might see a whole new side of The Ultimate Underdog at WWE’s annual fall classic.

Can Mysterio slay The Beast and become a two-time WWE Champion, or will Lesnar cement his dominance on the red brand? Find out by tuning in to Survivor Series on Sunday, Nov. 24, at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. ET, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network.
Brock gets his yearly match with a great performer at Survivor Series. After the recent tear Brock has been on, swiftly destroying Kofi and Cain in title matches, I don't expect this match to be a lengthy competitive fight.

·
Registered
22,863 Posts
This match needs to be No DQ so Rey can use weapons and hit some moves before "Bork smash."

I honestly expect this to be 2 minutes, but fuck if I know with Brock anymore. It could 10 seconds, it could go 15.

·
Here Comes The Money
1,972 Posts
Vince probably won't risk giving Mysterio the title and he ends up getting injured again. Shame really, but either, Brock's winning anyway.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Basically David vs. Goliath but Brock Lesnar wins this one but I expect this to be a solid match between the two and a squash situation.

·
This Post Is Rated R
2,722 Posts
I'm supposed to believe that the guy who was getting consistently mollywhopped by that other Mexican guy (his name escapes me right now) has a chance against Lesnar? Lol OK. Repeat of Kofi match incoming.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
It's a shame we're getting this and not Brock, Fiend and Cole. Now I'm curious what match they give Bray. Cole would make no sense since Raw isn't involved.

Brock wins. I don't think he'll completely squash Rey because it's on PPV, and they'll play up Reys quickness, but this isn't going 10 minutes.

·
Premium Member
10,182 Posts
This match needs to be No DQ so Rey can use weapons and hit some moves before "Bork smash."

I honestly expect this to be 2 minutes, but fuck if I know with Brock anymore. It could 10 seconds, it could go 15.
Wouldn't surprise me if Rey does a surprise attack and beatdown for a few minutes before the bell. Then when the match officially starts Brock destroys him in 2 minutes.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I'd rather see Mysterio win tbh. What more can Lesnar do as champion? Do I want to see Lesnar go into Mania as the World Champ for the fourth straight year? Nope.

Don't see it happening though.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,827 Posts
RIP Rey Rey.

All i can see is Brock tossing him around like a ragdoll expecting him to get that same momentary comeback that Styles, Bryan, Balor got before, If Cain isn't somewhat involved in this match I'm certain Brock's just going to steamroll the shit out of him.

·
Sports Entertainment Enthusiast
795 Posts
i think that would be cool match for 2002 but we deserve new people in the main event

·
Registered
190 Posts
I do think that Rey Will win this. I don t know why. But Lesnar Will not be around. I don t think Vince Will risk another 3 month hiatus from Lesnar.. But it s possible în Vince mind. Raw Will remain with boring Aj Styles vs KO feud again...

·
Registered
22,863 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me if Rey does a surprise attack and beatdown for a few minutes before the bell. Then when the match officially starts Brock destroys him in 2 minutes.
Have you ever seen the Mysterio vs. Angle match from Summerslam 2002? That would be a great way to start this match. Just popped into my head, lol.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,006 Posts
Unless this is just Brock murdering Rey in 2 minutes, I’ve got no interest in this match.

I’m sorry but I can’t suspend disbelief enough to buy into Rey having any believable offense vs Brock. 290lb Lesnar selling for 150lb Mysterio looks ridiculous.

Would have been much more excited to see Brock vs the Fiend.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts