Wrestling Forum banner

Who will walk out of WrestleMania as the WWE Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Someone recently said Brock and his all finishers all the time sprint matches are one of the worst things that has happened to WWE in years, and now I agree entirely. Braun/Goldberg and this match could have actually been something really fun and interesting. This just comes off as lame and really lazy.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Another thing is Drew beating Brock so easily makes Roman and Seth look like chumps in comparison in recent years, Cena jobbed to hell against Brock at SS 2014, Taker couldn't ever beat Lesnar without cheating and so on.
Excuse me If I am wrong (I don't watch much of WWE these days besides checking short 2-3 min clips on YT like once a month) but didn't INJURED Seth Rollins beat Brock Lesnar? Nothing is worse than that. Brock Lesnar lost twice to Seth from what I remember and one time was to injured Seth.Roman failed multiple times, Taker had to cheat to win, Cena, Orton got completely squashed, Strowman was squashed, Samoa Joe was squashed and list goes on and on. How is Brock losing to big ass dude like Drew worse than losing to injured Seth?

·
The Babyface of WF
11,696 Posts
Excuse me If I am wrong (I don't watch much of WWE these days besides checking short 2-3 min clips on YT like once a month) but didn't INJURED Seth Rollins beat Brock Lesnar? Nothing is worse than that. Brock Lesnar lost twice to Seth from what I remember and one time was to injured Seth.Roman failed multiple times, Taker had to cheat to win, Cena, Orton got completely squashed, Strowman was squashed, Samoa Joe was squashed and list goes on and on. How is Brock losing to big ass dude like Drew worse than losing to injured Seth?
I was referring to the lack of consistency in regards to Brock dominating guys who were legit bigger names compared to Drew, Yeah an injured Seth beating Brock clean was crazy but if you compare him to Drew he's been a Top guy far longer.

If Drew isn't built as a force in the Main Event going off his Title win against Brock then that will be another example of shit booking, Imagine when he loses it to guys Brock could beat with his eyes closed soon enough.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I was referring to the lack of consistency in regards to Brock dominating guys who were legit bigger names compared to Drew, Yeah an injured Seth beating Brock clean was crazy but if you compare him to Drew he's been a Top guy far longer.

If Drew isn't built as a force in the Main Event going off his Title win against Brock then that will be another example of shit booking, Imagine when he loses it to guys Brock could beat with his eyes closed soon enough.
Tbh, we can't really look for logic in WWE (especially these days lol). Brock squashed Strowman and ruined all his momentum from what I remember, and Goldberg destroyed Brock, and then they have Strowman destroy Goldberg. If you look at it logically Strowman would stand no chance against Goldberg yet he destroyed him.

I have very bad feeling Vince will find something to blame on Drew and Strowman and they will lose titles very quickly and in squashes to get "punished".

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
It was not a great match, with a crowd I think they would have been into it though. That being said, the match did what it needed to do. It made Drew look super strong and credible in a way that never worked with Reigns and Rollins. Now Drew has been made it's up to him from this point onwards.

I would say fair play to Lesnar, he let Drew kick his ass everyweek in the buildup, eliminate at the rumble and kick out of 3 F5S

·
Registered
580 Posts

In real life sports the best don’t win every match, sometimes another team beat a better team because they performed brilliantly and the other team didn’t, same with boxing, MMA etc.

i don’t get logic like yours.

70 Posts
Another thing is Drew beating Brock so easily makes Roman and Seth look like chumps in comparison in recent years, Cena jobbed to hell against Brock at SS 2014, Taker couldn't ever beat Lesnar without cheating and so on.
and rightfully so, cuz drew is better overall talent than all of them

Is this the worst main event in Wrestlemania history?
if by that u mean one of THE BEST,then yeah,absolutely

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ye... this was missing the 8-10 minutes than Edge/Orton over-ran. Did Brock even give him more than one German?

I dunno... I'm sure they'll rematch, so I guess it's fine if they're saving stuff back for that, but it just did nothing for Drew, really - they didn't even make the Claymore look strong which had seemed to be one of the focuses up until the match.

·
Registered
23,497 Posts
This match felt destined to fail.

You didn't have the crowd to play off of for Drew's big moment. They had to follow the insanity of the Firefly. And while Brock is famous for his finisher spam matches, you already had that the night before with Goldberg and Braun. This needed to be the time for a different Lesnar match, and this wasn't it.

Happy for Drew for finally being champion, just sad that it had to happen this way. It is what it is, it couldn't be avoided, but it still sucks.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Another disappointing Brock finisher spam fest. Le sigh. Is it too much to ask for actual buildups to finishers? I wanted to see the two totally potato each other.

·
Mamba Mentality
25,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It was not a great match, with a crowd I think they would have been into it though. That being said, the match did what it needed to do. It made Drew look super strong and credible in a way that never worked with Reigns and Rollins. Now Drew has been made it's up to him from this point onwards.

I would say fair play to Lesnar, he let Drew kick his ass everyweek in the buildup, eliminate at the rumble and kick out of 3 F5S
This is all that really matters at the end of the day. Drew McIntyre looked like a Beast surviving what other men lost in 10 seconds (he kicked out of a F5 on a 1-count!!!) and he slayed Brock Lesnar. Drew got his moment, and it was an emotional moment too. It’s time for him to run with it. Same for Braun.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is all that really matters at the end of the day. Drew McIntyre looked like a Beast surviving what other men lost in 10 seconds (he kicked out of a F5 on a 1-count!!!) and he slayed Brock Lesnar. Drew got his moment, and it was an emotional moment too. It’s time for him to run with it. Same for Braun.
I disagree.

With Braun, it is a little different... he has been around, has plenty of exposure at the level he's being booked, got his moment off the back of fortunate timing, against an opponent who everyone knows won't have a match lasting beyond 5 or 6 minutes ever again. I'm not convinced it was great booking for him, long term, but it gives him a good platform to build something off, I agree.

Drew, on the other hand, needs to put together a Championship run in which he has great, and sometimes complex matches, with all different kinds of stars... and with that in mind, it kind of felt like that such a run should have started with a much better match than it did. I'm not saying it isn't salvageable from here - of course it is - I won't be shocked if they decide to have Brock win the belt back and do a rubber match at Summerslam, because of the unfortunate circumstances around it all... I just felt, even if you were going to do a short match, it should have been done differently.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts