Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HIAC 2015 would be the 435th day of Brock Lesnar's WWE title reign, one more day than CM Punk's record. If Lesnar chooses to sign a new contract, will he be booked to wipe Punk from the record books and then go on to drop the title at this PPV?

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
HIAC 2015 would be the 435th day of Brock Lesnar's WWE title reign, one more day than CM Punk's record. If Lesnar chooses to sign a new contract, will he be booked to wipe Punk from the record books and then go on to drop the title at this PPV?
Umm, Punk doesn't get wiped from the history books even if Lesnar surpasses him lol . The record is held by Backlund who held the WWWF title for 3605 days, Punk is only 6th all time for longest reign. Punk never held a record nor Brock will if he surpasses that mark

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Umm, Punk doesn't get wiped from the history books even if Lesnar surpasses him lol . The record is held by Backlund who held the WWWF title for 3605 days, Punk is only 6th all time for longest reign. Punk never held a record nor Brock will if he surpasses that mark
Punk's title reign was often referred to as the longest of the modern era. I'm sure it annoys Vince now Punk has left them.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
It is kinda sad how little such a run even means if Punk was still unsatisfied along with booked in a poor way.. That feat is kinda huge when you really look at it yet number of runs will always be looked at as a bigger deal.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Even if Lesnar does walk way from Mania with the belt, and that's a big if, he won't be champ by the conclusion of Summerslam.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Overcoming Vince's love and stubbornness for Reigns, i am afraid will prove too difficult, even for Bork.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
He won't be the champion after next Sunday, as tragic as that is, given who that means it will be.

Roman Reigns will break Punk's record and well beyond it. Given how he's Vince's choice for the next face of the company, his reign is going to be excrutiatingly long, and it's going to need to be extra long given how unover he is. He's holding the belt at LEAST until next years SummerSlam. I don't put it past Vince to go even longer.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Sammartino had a longer reign. And Backlund was champ for 5 not 10 years.

·
Registered
991 Posts
First off CM Punk doesn't hold a record for anything

Second off why would they do that? That is so stupid. This thread is ridiculous

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I highly doubt CM Punk nor his fans would care if he moves down to the #2 spot for title length. Sure, it's a personal bonus for the wrestler himself, but no one wrestler focuses on the bonus level instead of the primary. It's a good trivial question, but not much more than that. If that is actually WWE's intention then they are only harming their other top stars knowing Brock Lesnar is not an active champion as that is detrimental to the development of storylines and wrestlers if WWE is intentionally focusing on such a trivial matter.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
He won't be the champion after next Sunday, as tragic as that is, given who that means it will be.

Roman Reigns will break Punk's record and well beyond it. Given how he's Vince's choice for the next face of the company, his reign is going to be excrutiatingly long, and it's going to need to be extra long given how unover he is. He's holding the belt at LEAST until next years SummerSlam. I don't put it past Vince to go even longer.
This must mean a Rollins failed cash in :-(

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
This must mean a Rollins failed cash in :-(
Thank God.

Not because I want Reigns to keep the belt, I just don't want Rollins to get it, because I don't think he should ever be the champion. Not to mention, it reflects SO poorly on Ambrose to have the other two win the belt while he's left out in the cold. That just shits on him even further and I don't want to see that.

But how could you not see a failed Rollins cash in coming? The case runs out in July. The idea that they're gonna have Roman Reigns first ever WWE Championship run last 3 months? Absurd. Comically absurd to think that would happen. No chance. Vince McMahon would have to give up on him so hard to let that happen, and he hasn't done it yet despite all the signs in the world, so why the fuck would he change his mind this time?

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Thank God.

Not because I want Reigns to keep the belt, I just don't want Rollins to get it, because I don't think he should ever be the champion. Not to mention, it reflects SO poorly on Ambrose to have the other two win the belt while he's left out in the cold. That just shits on him even further and I don't want to see that.

But how could you not see a failed Rollins cash in coming? The case runs out in July. The idea that they're gonna have Roman Reigns first ever WWE Championship last 3 months? Absurd. Comically absurd to think that would happen. No chance.
I think Rollins is ready. He's one of the best in ring workers they have, draws constant heat, and while he's not the greatest on the mic, he has certainly improved with time.

Reactions: JJForReal

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
I wish Ryback could break Punks record

1 - 20 of 51 Posts