Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brock Lesnar and Matt Riddle got into a verbal altercation prior to WWE Royal Rumble. The two reportedly passed each other backstage and Brock wanted Riddle to know where things stood between them.

The altercation was reportedly not something for show. Things reportedly did not get physical between the two men.

Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet first reported the news. Fightful was able to confirm the report. It was reported on Fightful Select that one person noted that Lesnar was the "wrong one to fuck with," and that Lesnar simply communicated his issues, saying "he was spoken to by Brock and he understood."

Riddle has made no secret of his desire to face, and retire, Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania. Riddle posted the following photo on his social media on Jan. 25, continuing to tease the idea of retiring Lesnar.

Riddle previously got into a backstage altercation with Goldberg at SummerSlam 2019. Riddle had called out Goldberg for his performance at WWE Super ShowDown against The Undertaker in Saudi Arabia, leading to a verbal altercation between the two at SummerSlam. You can view their exchange of words by clicking here.

Brock Lesnar is slated to enter the Men's Royal Rumble at number one
Source: Brock Lesnar And Matt Riddle Have Verbal Altercation Backstage Before WWE Royal Rumble | Fightful Wrestling

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Satin works with WWE now, so this might be a work to get hardcore fans to cheer Riddle in a couple of years when he does eventually face Brock.

·
International Purveyor Of Violence
2,417 Posts
After seeing Brock's bloated, beet-faced, worn out ass out there last night, I wish someone would put him out of his misery. Dude looked like he was gonna have a stroke at one point.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Man, Matt Riddle seems to be his own worst enemy. It's not like he's a kid who doesn't know better... the dude is 34. But the instances of Riddle pissing off people seem to be piling up. Months ago, he was complaining that no one on the NXT roster would give him a ride, and Ciampa literally told him "go fuck yourself". Then the stuff with Goldberg... they may yet turn it into a bit of storyline, but it originally spawned from a stoned Riddle (okay, I'm just assuming) shitting on Goldberg publicly during the Super Showdown match... bad move mocking someone who WWE are trying to use to draw money.

And now this stuff with Brock. Based on how quickly he was booted out of the Rumble, I definitely think his mouth is costing him opportunities. I get the impression that he thinks he's too talented to suffer repercussions, so he just says and does whatever he wants. He's good, but it's not like he's Shawn Michaels in the 90s or anything.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
There is something worky about it. I don't think there was a work with the Goldberg stuff, because...well, that just didn't make sense. But a "verbal altercation" exists in the world of conflict and taking this shit seriously.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I see no issue with this... Riddle loves to talk shit. Everyone has to stop being so sensitive. It's just trash talk. It's wrestling... not Sesame Street.

·
Premium Member
9,654 Posts
I hope Riddle gets the rocket push and is champion for 3 years in a row where he squashes everyone and makes them tap.

I’ve never seen a guy as talented as he is get so much shit from a bunch nobodies who can’t handle someone speaking his mind.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
After seeing Brock's bloated, beet-faced, worn out ass out there last night, I wish someone would put him out of his misery. Dude looked like he was gonna have a stroke at one point.
His cardio sure didn't impress me.

To be fair throwing around hundreds of pounds all night would gas anyone.

·
Registered
605 Posts
The Riddle and Goldberg stuff I can see where and why Bill would be peeved about that. The riddle and lesnar stuff sounds like Brock pay's more attention to the internet than what he let's on , but I can imagine hearing someone say they want to retire you does not sit well, despite the fact it seems to be more of a story line than anything else

·
Registered
215 Posts
Dont know why fans get so bent out of shape by riddle.

For a start your getting so easily worked as it's a kayfabe thing but even if it wasnt, would you rather riddle be another bland indie guy grateful just to work for wwe with no back bone to speak and just becomes yet another forgettable talent that suffers from 50/50 booking that cant be taken seriously. Riddle at least shows some attitude and seems to have not giving a fuck attitude that tends produce entertaining wrestlers.

·
Registered
513 Posts
His cardio sure didn't impress me.

To be fair throwing around hundreds of pounds all night would gas anyone.
Selling. He wasn't that gassed. His is always that colour regardless of his cardio state. You have a guy that is dominant, but selling the physical effects of eliminating 13 consecutive people. If he just appeared fresh as a daisy people would rightly point out the shit psychology. The appearance of fatigue visually communicates the illusion of endurance in the bout. That's why, despite being "gassed", he could explode in spurts of very physical cardio-heavy moves when the time came.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Brock needs to choke this little shit already.
Seriously. Riddle is a very talented guy, but he comes off as such a douche so bad that it makes Lesnar look like Foley in the personality department.

Lesnar would be doing the entire wrestling community a favor by choking him out for real or punching him in the face.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Gassed? So many posters on here are just embarrassing themselves. About 20 minutes into the match Brock was suplexing the likes of Keith Lee and Braun Strowman. He also did that spot where he jumped off of Big E’s back to clothesline Kofi, and he was catching guys like Ricochet in midair towards the end of his run.

Guys making fun of Brock probably couldn’t do a single one of those things. He did it at what 42 years old after tossing guys around for 20-25 minutes? Yeah. Tuck your tail, take your L, and move onto the next thread.

Idk if the Riddle/Brock confrontation is a shoot or not. But, it does really seem like Matt is probably going to short circuit his own career. Which is a shame, because there is obvious potential there.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Satin works with WWE now, so this might be a work to get hardcore fans to cheer Riddle in a couple of years when he does eventually face Brock.
Yeah I was about to say the same thing, and also Satin is a joke personified before he got his gig. Riddle is 110% up Heyman’s alley talent wise and Brock adores working with smaller guys. Which is annoying for me as like @bmack086 posted he was suplexing and working with huge guys like Strowman, Lee, Big E, which is what I want to see him doing. Hopefully that is what comes with the McIntyre build, no underdog nonsense; two brutes. I kind of hoped that’s what was coming with Lashley, but oh well.

But besides the point, Lesnar/Riddle down the line referring back to this makes a lot of sense. Building blocks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts