Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
That's fucking weird if true. It's not like Lesnar's a big draw anymore and fans seem kind of "meh" with him now, so what's the point? For someone with such a strong ego, I don't get why he'd allow Brock to make the calls over him.

Is there some more weird shit going on backstage between Vince and Brock that we don't know about? Blackmail maybe?

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,188 Posts
That's fucking weird if true. It's not like Lesnar's a big draw anymore and fans seem kind of "meh" with him now, so what's the point? For someone with such a strong ego, I don't get why he'd allow Brock to make the calls over him.

Is there some more weird shit going on backstage between Vince and Brock that we don't know about? Blackmail maybe?
Vince is a guy who believes he knows best and doesn't really care about metrics or fan reactions, so since he believes Brock is a draw, even though he's been proven not to be, Vince has to treat him like a draw.

Brock probably doesn't have creative control written into his contract but he does have limited dates, so if you have an angle you want to run that requires him to show up more often it's gotta be one he approves of. We've seen him flat out refuse to wrestle Jinder at SvS which led to the title being switched to AJ at the last minute, he also refused to wrestle Braun at RR which led to him being replaced by Finn Balor.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Oh good, if this is true, people can no longer use the "he just does what he's told" excuse for Brock's booking. Can we all admit that when Roman said that Brock was Vince's boy, he was telling the truth after all? :lol

This also puts into perspective what Mox said about him on the podcasts too - when he talked about Brock basically getting The Shield's reunion pushed from Summerslam to Raw the following night and that. Not that I ever doubted Mox, but damn!

Reactions: Chris JeriG.O.A.T

·
A Lord of Cinder
1,411 Posts
You all taking this as truth as so naive.

Look, in EVERY American company, they can move on without anyone.

If WWE can move on without Hogan, Stone Cold, Rock, and Cena....Brock is no exception.

All this means is Vince values the dude's opinion. Nothing more. Vince might give him more leeway, but in the end, if Vince wants Brock to lose to Heath Slater in an upset, and feels strongly about it...Brock is jobbing or he can fuck off. That is the truth. Brock might complain and voice his concerns, but Vince can move on without Brock.

Brock needs WWE way more than WWE need Brock.

·
From 199 to the greatest of all time.
3,654 Posts
I may not be the expert that Dave is, but I call bullshit on that. Scheduling, I can see, but nothing more.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Brock is a winner in life. He calls his own shots because he has the balls to tell Vince to suck his cock. WWE locker room is full of either A. little boys, just happy to be there, shitting their pants when they see Mr.MaCMan (in JRs voice) like Kofi etc., or guys like Ziggler who play safe.. talk a big game but dont have the balls to do anything about it.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
I find it hard to believe Brock wanted to be geeked out by an untalented shit stain like Seth Rollins once, let alone twice.
Well it was either that, or work the months he took off. He chose the getting paid to stay home choice :brock4

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
This is bullshit and not true. Brock Lesnar does NOT have creative control - no one does but WWE.

Now if the implication is simply that Lesnar is hard to work with and often argues with Vince and insists on certain things and Vince tends to cave - ok, maybe. But contractually speaking it's WWE who has full control i'm sure.

For all of the things they do wrong - that's one of the things they do right.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,720 Posts
Good in him he might look thick brain wise but he's fcking smart asf , but the diverticulitis is bad my moms got it trust me it hurts her like fuck , but she doesn't moan.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,420 Posts
I mean, if I came back after eight years away and Vince told me I was jobbing to Cena in my first match back, I'd take a lot more control back when my contract renewal was coming up too.

And I call bullshit on Brock having "full" control as Douchey Dave says. Every top guy has influence, of course, but nobody has "full" control. Not even Brock.

That 2015 interview he did on Austin's podcast on the network told me everything I need to know about Brock and how he operates. He commands big money, he's earned big money, and yet he knows he has higher-ups to answer to like anybody else.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,544 Posts
Brock is a winner in life. He calls his own shots because he has the balls to tell Vince to suck his cock. WWE locker room is full of either A. little boys, just happy to be there, shitting their pants when they see Mr.MaCMan (in JRs voice) like Kofi etc., or guys like Ziggler who play safe.. talk a big game but dont have the balls to do anything about it.

Brock gets shit for this, for his contract. But at least with Brock we have one Wrestler who isn't just eating the McMahons shit and then begging for more. Part of the reason why the WWE is so terrible thesedays is all the other Wrestlers are just happy to be there and accept whatever crap they're given.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts