Wrestling Forum banner

1701 - 1720 of 1737 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Britwres never stops giving weird things.

Supposedly ending of Sha/Bodom vs Aussie Open was botched and Sha/Bodom got mad and assaulted ref that resulted in ref having to retire due to neck injuries. Ref also wasn't paid by RevPro initial, but it looks like that situation was sorted out by now.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I think it is bound to happen for all UK indies. WWE has time and money and they care a lot about their reputation (unless Saudis pay them by trucks of money). I'd assume that most of the wrestlers that they haven't signed in UK are problematic in one way or another. And granted, some of them didn't sign because they had other plans like going with NJPW.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Bodom is a jerk, so kind of no surprise there. Someone defending him on Twitter called him an "Alpha male", so that's about all you need to know. Sha going down this path is def a downer, though. Should be punished too, obviously. Just sucks when something like this comes around.

·
Registered
12,648 Posts
this week's British controversy is this Broken Ring Wrestling thing.

What am I missing, what is so bad about giving a promoter your phone number??? This for some reason has set a ton of people off.

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
this week's British controversy is this Broken Ring Wrestling thing.

What am I missing, what is so bad about giving a promoter your phone number??? This for some reason has set a ton of people off.
The promoter wanted the personal phone numbers of the talent for "emergencies" even though they have them on messenger. When this is pointed out they demand their number claiming its "non nagotable" This argument spreads to twitter where the promoter makes some ill advised jokes and acts like a bell end.

·
Registered
12,648 Posts
the cancer comments on twitter were obviously over the line, but I don't see what the big deal is about a promoter having your phone number.

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
Yeah but if you've been told no then you either drop it or if it really means that much to you then cancel the booking. The bit that confuses me is messenger allows you to call or video message them. It's pretty much as good as having someones number.

·
HEADBANGA
22,152 Posts
I dont really follow Britres that closely but what do you guys think about Cara Noir? I feel like he's a guy that's about to blow up soon and would be a nice addition to fne NXTUK roster at some point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dont really follow Britres that closely but what do you guys think about Cara Noir? I feel like he's a guy that's about to blow up soon and would be a nice addition to fne NXTUK roster at some point.
Do not let him anywhere near NXTUK. Going to NXTUK would essentially be a straight downgrade and wouldn't benefit his in-ring ability in the slightest. He's one of the main performers in part of the new british wrestling boom. Staying in the indies would be ideal. He's a hot commodity and deserves to stay on the indies. He has incredible potential that NXTUK would absolutely ruin.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Saw him numerous times a few years back at a promotion called Hope Wrestling.

He is one of those Wrestlers that has you engaged straight away, his gimmick and entrance are amazing.

He also has the Wrestling ability, I've seen him play babyface, I've seen him play heel and he is great in either role.

His gimmick though isn't really PG, if he goes to NXT UK he'll get watered down no end.

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
I like Cara Noir a lot. The match between him and PAC is what introduced me to him and I was plenty impressed. I've subscribed to Riptides on demand to binge their shows and the early stuff of his is as a goofy exotico heel so it'll be great to watch how he progresses to this point.

Also Spike Trivet is great and it frustrates me that Progress hasn't done more with him. But Riptide seems to be where his best work is.

1701 - 1720 of 1737 Posts