Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 1740 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts

Trailer for Night 2 of the Dragon Gate UK shows. Such a good night of wrestling. Hopefully it's not going to be a massive wait til they're released on DVD. Can't remember what the wait was like in 2011. 2 months maybe?

·
7,964 Posts
PCW Festive Fury 2012

Davey Rayne vs Dean Allmark vs BT Gunn vs Martin Kirby vs CJ Banks vs Sam Bailey vs Lionheart's Mum

Zack Sabre Jr. vs "Backstage Politician" El Ligero
***1/4

DISCO Madness vs T-Bone & Bubblegum
**1/2

Lionheart vs Joey Hayes
**3/4

U-Gene vs Dave Mastiff
***1/2

Chris Masters vs Kris Travis
****1/4

John Morrison vs Noam Dar

This was a really really fun show. So easy to sit through. Lionhearts mam U-Gene match was really fun, surprised me the most that I enjoyed it. Masters remains THE MAN. Dude is legit even as a heel. I'd love to get out there for the rematch but can't. Hopefully Masters comes out a third time. Morrison/Dar was good too, was shocked to hear Dar is 19.
Figured I'd bump this seeing as I finally got round to watching a PCW show. Really enjoyed it and it only makes me want to go to one sooner. Crowd is a bit weird though. Like 95% of the time they own but then it can get a bit smarky which annoyed me. Maybe just because they chanted "sold like Ziggler" at Masters when Masters is 5 times the seller Ziggler is :side:

The set and production of the blu ray in general was a lot better than anticipated too. I loved all the graphics and how close the fans were. Seemed like a blast.

·
Dios perdona, los Perros... NO!
3,915 Posts

Dean Allmark & Tony Teeside Vs Robbie The Body Dynamite & Rampage Brown (11/04/2013 ASW:UK)

Typical Deano match by now, with his turnbuckle headstands and outfoxing the heels. Dammit, Rampage Brown is an amazing heel in this, though.

Dean Allmark & Leon Shah Vs Robbie Dynamite & Rampage Brown (10/04/2013 ASW:UK)

I think this is the first time I'm seeing Leon Shah but he totally looks like he could fill the part of a main eventer in any promotion.

As for the match, I'm usually pretty disillusioned when it comes to escape-style tag cage matches but I thought the booking in this was absolutely clever. Deano getting planted via a swinging something off the ropes (I honestly do not know what you'd call it; flat-level Rock-Bottom?) and then holding on for dear life as Rampage attempts to make the escape was brilliant. Things get into high gear soon after, with the heels planting Deano with an assisted sitout piledriver, looking to have the win solidified, only to attempt a second assisted piledriver on Leon for a lucky counter. A great flurry of comeback offense from Leon leads to the first escape of the match, and where my enjoyment piqued. Thinking Deano would make his escape soon after, Leon quickly realises the full extent that the piledriver had on his partner, who's still barely moving on the mat, and the mistake he's made in leaving his partner at the hands of two rabid opponents. I'm not going to write further on the final few minutes as it's too great to watch spoiled. Despite the small ring, of which I had my doubts in them being able to work efficiently in, these guys put on a hell of a performance Sigh, Rampage Brown, you beauty.​

·
Registered
957 Posts
Michinoku Pro are bringing their 20th Anniversary tour to the UK this October! In association with 4FW, they'll be in Bristol on Friday October 18th and in Swindon on Saturday October 19th. Already signed: Fujita Jr Hayato, Kenou, Kenbai.

Really hoping to see Kenou vs Hayato on one of the nights, that would go down a storm in the UK.

[Credit: UKFF / 4FW]

·
Registered
21,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Figured I'd bump this seeing as I finally got round to watching a PCW show. Really enjoyed it and it only makes me want to go to one sooner. Crowd is a bit weird though. Like 95% of the time they own but then it can get a bit smarky which annoyed me. Maybe just because they chanted "sold like Ziggler" at Masters when Masters is 5 times the seller Ziggler is :side:

The set and production of the blu ray in general was a lot better than anticipated too. I loved all the graphics and how close the fans were. Seemed like a blast.
Yeh man that was a class show. I agree with what you're saying about the crowd being overly smarky. There was a guy at the start of the show, desperately trying to start a chant which ruined bits of the show for me.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Last night's PCW Spring Slam was another strong show which drew a rowdy 800+ sellout.

Gargano and Dar delivered a very good, rapid-fire opener with a nice blend of stiff strikes, matwork & acrobatics. They didn't go into overkill mode at the end & the match was better for it. ***1/2

Dave Rayne and Goldust cut entertaining promos & went at it briefly to hype their match next month. Yeah, you read that right - PCW flew Dustin Runnels in for a sold out show to promote a card that is already guaranteed to sell out (he didn't even work the Rumble later on).

T-Bone vs. Dreamer was way better than I expected. Nothing special of course, but an effective brawl with the right amount of crowd-pleasing shortcuts. PCW must ditch the homemade tables, though.

More boundary-testing comedy from Manson and Mastiff - this time with Ted DiBiase in Manson's corner to counter Gilligan Gordon's antics. DiBiase has developed a Mick Foley waistline & slo-mo waddle which is kinda sad to see, but he still lit up Mastiff with some killer chops & caught Gordon in the Million Dollar Dream for the big pop. The sooner Mastiff is back in a no-nonsense ass-kicking role the better.

Steen vs. Trav was ace. First time I've seen Steen live & he's way smaller than I'd imagined (except for the belly obviously). And boy can the guy move. This maybe lacked the extended period of dominance that Steen usually works so well, but everything was so crisp & hard-hitting it really didn't matter. Trav took a ridiculous spin-bump from the apron to the hardwood floor off a clothesline. After the match, Steen put Travis over huge. ***3/4

Rumble was a game of three halves. Decent opening with the likes of Martin Kirkby, Johnny Moss and the imports coming & going; silly comedy mid-section; and a really strong final 20 minutes or so. Highlight for me was Rampage Brown being established as T-Bone & Bubblegum's new ally - the guy looked monstrous. Crowd went nuts for Lionheart's unadvertised return (four months after his 'retirement').

30 Posts
Michinoku Pro are bringing their 20th Anniversary tour to the UK this October! In association with 4FW, they'll be in Bristol on Friday October 18th and in Swindon on Saturday October 19th. Already signed: Fujita Jr Hayato, Kenou, Kenbai.

Really hoping to see Kenou vs Hayato on one of the nights, that would go down a storm in the UK.

[Credit: UKFF / 4FW]
Looking very much forward to this!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I went to Infinite Promotions' 'Renshaw Streetfight' in Liverpool last night. Highlights were the titular grudge match between Zack 'Diamond' Gibson and Sam Bailey (scouser vs. manc = easy heat from an otherwise fairly subdued crowd), and CJ Banks defending his, ahem, heavyweight strap against Prince Devitt.

Gibson and Bailey had an intense brawl all over the building. They didn't overdo the plunder, so the cane, chair & table spots all meant something and built steadily to a crescendo of 'holy shit' moments. Devitt is in a class of his own & amazing to witness in the flesh. His chops made a right mess of CJ's chest a la Roddy-Danielson. This was well on its way to a motyc recommendation until the inevitable title-saving DQ sucked the wind out of it.

Infinite returns to the Grand Central Methodist Hall (nice old-school building - kinda like a mini Olympia) on Friday, August 9th with El Ligero vs. Jay Lethal and Banks defending against Bubblegum in a cage.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Not sure if this was already known or not, but Johnny Kidd is retiring. He's having his final match in Oberhausen, Germany on July 6.
Wish I could be there for his last match.

I was lucky enough to see him wrestle Johnathan Windsor at an IPW:UK show last month, absolutely brilliant.

Is anyone going to IPW:UK or Progress this weekend? Should both be great shows, I know Nigel Mcguinness is doing a Q&A at IPW:UK and a seminar for Progress, so that should be very helpful to young British talent that attend.

Nice to see lots of appreciation for Noam Dar in this thread, he's been one of my favourites for a while.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Very much so, if I can get some friends together, I'll definitely try and make it.

He's challenging for The Progress title on Sunday, as much as I love El Ligero, I'd really love to see Noam with the staff.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'm excited at the prospect of seeing what Dar can do given sixty minutes - he's improved immensely over the last couple of years. Unfortunately, that excitement is dampened by the likelihood that he'll be wrestling T-Bone (unless PCW pulls an unexpected swerve with Doug Williams on 31/5).

141 - 160 of 1740 Posts