Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 1740 Posts

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
IPW:UK Revolution 2012
The Blossom Twins (Hannah Blossom & Holly Blossom) vs. The Perfect Storm (Nikki Storm & Shanna)

Just a solid ladies' tag team match, nothing special, and nothing bad. Loved the finish. Nikki Storm is legit, though, TNA better sign her. The Blossom girls need to win the KO tag straps as soon as they come to TNA, and hold it forever. They're so talented.
Rating: **1/2

IPW:UK Extreme Measures 2012
Semi-Finals & IPW:UK British Cruiserweight Championship: Marty Scurll (c) vs. Rockstar Spud

Marty and Spud are heated rivals. And they're showing it. This was more of an angle than a match, and it was very cool. Intense brawling before, during and after the match. TNA better use these two preoperly, dammit. Spud is a picture perfect X Division underdog. These two are having a No Holds Barred blow-off in few weeks, IIRC. That could seriously rock.
Rating: ***

SWE 4Everevolution
Sami Callihan vs. Dave Mastiff

Yeah, this was good. (Y) Damn, Dave is such a beast, lol. In terms of storytelling, this was based on Sami/Finlay and Sami/Steen, which means Sami is one tough fucker, but he's gonna get his fucking ass kicked all over the place, because his opponent is a dominant species. Dave used his size tremendously, and Sami's timing in comeback spots was great. Damn good match, the only thing I'd change is the outcome. Oh, and the crowd sucked, but I don't let them ruin things for me.
Rating: ***1/2

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
RPW Summer Sizzler 2012
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Johnny Gargano

Excellent mat based match between two great Juniors. Damn fine technical display from both guys, with many quick reversals and exchanges. Zack rocked here with his perfect timing. I wish he somehow ends up in TNA too. Gargano is so great in finishing stretches. Awesome match. (Y)
Rating: ****

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Marty Scrull vs Zack Sabre SWE - ***1/2
Noam Dar vs Prince Devitt - ***3/4+

Looking forward to watch Gargano vs Sebra, Calliahn vs Scrull and Masters vs Stixx in the future

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I didn't make it to PCW Road to Glory Night 2 last night, but folks are raving about Noam Dar's tournament final victory over Joey Hayes.

Also on the show, T-Bone retained the PCW title against Kris Travis & will now face Tommy Dreamer in a no DQ match on April 26th.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cheers viddythis sounds a well run way of doing things and I've heard that stixx fella knows his stuff

I'm looking forward to going to my first show now and even convinced the wife to come with me. I've had to convince her they won't come into the crowd and grab us!! :)

·
Banned
15,929 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Anybody know if the new issue of Power Slam is worth buying? Unless someone tells me otherwise and my girlfriend doesn't just buy it out of habit, think last months maybe the last one I buy.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
What's the connection between RPW and IPW:UK? I'm asking because their sites are almost the same, and there's this: http://revolutionThis Site is Blocked/results/2012/08/26/revolution-pro-summer-sizzler-2012 AND http://www.ipwuk.com/results/2012/08/26/ipw-uk-summer-sizzler-2012
Only just seen this :eek:

Basically IPW:UK was owned by 2 partners. They split and one of them kept promoting under the IPW:UK banner and the other under the RPW banner. Both promotions recognise the IPW:UK history though so RPW isn't really a new promotion. It's IPW:UK under a new name and IPW:UK is now a small local promotion running smaller shows and RPW has the big names brought in that IPW:UK used to have. Long story, short IPW:UK is now essentially called RPW.

Seeing as the thread's bumped 4FW March shows look super bossy:
Night 1

Night 2

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
:mark: at some of those matches.

Basically IPW:UK was owned by 2 partners. They split and one of them kept promoting under the IPW:UK banner and the other under the RPW banner. Both promotions recognise the IPW:UK history though so RPW isn't really a new promotion. It's IPW:UK under a new name and IPW:UK is now a small local promotion running smaller shows and RPW has the big names brought in that IPW:UK used to have. Long story, short IPW:UK is now essentially called RPW.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just to update you all, went to the House of Pain Wrestling event at Donington last weekend and really really enjoyed it.... so did the wife!

Really put together very well, introduced the commentators, mics kept playin up which was bit awkward then harvey dale explained the rules to people who had never been before which thought was a nice touch

then there was first few matches, french and german fella's being the stereo typical anti british heels.

crowd (of about 50) seemed into it and clapped and cheered / booed in right places

wrestling was of a good standard and didnt see any botches, it seemed the expereinced wrestlers were putting over the new wrestlers from their academy which was surprising to see.

all the staff, helpers seemed really nice and friendly and for £6 was brilliant family entertainment

well done HOP Wrestling!!!

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
Totally forgot about the Dragon Gate weekend. Sucks Generico isn't on the cards anymore. Has the replacement been announced? Hopefully it's someone great to face Ricochet and Tozawa. Shows look much weaker with no PAC. Main events should all rule though with the UK crowd.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The DGUK website still lists Generico's slot as TBA. To be honest, his absence is the reason I'm not bothering. Tickets are available on the door for all three shows.

·
Dios perdona, los Perros... NO!
3,915 Posts
Sabre/Omega? :mark:

Are there any major events that take place during June/July? I might be in the UK and I'm going to make it worth my while, this time. Especially if there's a hint of Sabre/Omega leveled epicness. Though if I do come up I'll most probably try slot in an WXW event, too. It's a pity both 16 Carat and this show are in March. :side:

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'm heading to the Dragon Gate UK show on Saturday. SHINGO VS TOZAWA!

Generico's replacement has been announced as Genki Horiguchi. Sure, Ricochet/Horiguchi isn't going to be the same calibre as Generico/Ricochet would have been, but Genki's got such a good persona going right now, should be a fun addition to the card.

EDIT: In answer to Rah's question about June/July, a MASSIVE show has been announced for June 15th in London, with Jushin Thunder Liger wrestling (his debut in the UK under the Liger gimmick) along with Prince Devitt. Could be pretty cool!

101 - 120 of 1740 Posts