Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1740 Posts

·
Registered
21,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
it still doesn't change the fact that All Star Promotions is the only sure thing money making machine in the uk not owned by Vince or tna
Any proof that they make more money than any other UK promotion?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Any proof that they make more money than any other UK promotion?
Well that's pretty much unprovable, but All Star are one of the few promotions in the UK who run a full time schedule of theatres, clubs and holiday camps throughout the year and they've been doing that for 40 years. Most UK promotions will run like 12 shows a year. All Star do that in a month.

·
Registered
21,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well that's pretty much unprovable, but All Star are one of the few promotions in the UK who run a full time schedule of theatres, clubs and holiday camps throughout the year and they've been doing that for 40 years. Most UK promotions will run like 12 shows a year. All Star do that in a month.
Ahh so that's what he was getting at, was it.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
well that AND they get the biggest attendance rate AND rumor has it that Brian Dixon is a millionaire

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
The British National Tournament

since the british wrestling thread is now buggered i just wanted to show you guys this thing that ipwuk is doing right now, which is pretty unique

its a YEAR LONG tourny between wrestlers from up and down the country lot of which aren't part of the promotions roster

YOU COULD BUILD A WHOLE PROMOTION AROUND THIS KIND OF FORMAT!

theres at least 5 rounds of matches alongside the ususal ipwuk shtick

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Making 2013 a must for getting out there and seeing some live wrestling.

I live in Liverpool and I'm willing to travel around the northwest at first, what would you people suggest for me?

I like the idea of seeing known wrestlers I've seen on telly so I will probably get to a few PCW shows, but I'm also very interested in getting into British Wrestling. Any suggestions? Trying to get to the PCW show in January for the first one with The Young Bucks... But can't work out if it's sold out?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Making 2013 a must for getting out there and seeing some live wrestling.

I live in Liverpool and I'm willing to travel around the northwest at first, what would you people suggest for me?

I like the idea of seeing known wrestlers I've seen on telly so I will probably get to a few PCW shows, but I'm also very interested in getting into British Wrestling. Any suggestions? Trying to get to the PCW show in January for the first one with The Young Bucks... But can't work out if it's sold out?
It's not. Tickets are available here: http://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Preston/Lava-Ignite/PCW---Preston-City-Wrestling---More-Bang-For-Your-Buck/11752810/

You'll probably be able to pay on the door too, but why risk it?

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
It's not. Tickets are available here: http://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Preston/Lava-Ignite/PCW---Preston-City-Wrestling---More-Bang-For-Your-Buck/11752810/

You'll probably be able to pay on the door too, but why risk it?
Ahh, good man. Thanks for that. It's the front rows that are booked up, which is fine by me. I would pay for the tickets now but at the moment nobody to go with. All of the lads either don't like wrestling, aren't interesting in watching it live or don't fancy it. Off-topic, but if anyone knows if Prestons night life is decent I would easily make it a bit of a lads night away sort of thing.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
a bit depressing that theres only like 4 of us who are enthusiastic about britsh wrestling

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,500 Posts
I don't watch much British wrestling, so can anyone tell me who's better: BT Gunn or Lionheart?

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
a bit depressing that theres only like 4 of us who are enthusiastic about britsh wrestling
Weren't you the person who instead of discussing British Wrestling, just began with what promotions are better due to who makes the most money?

Anyway.

Thanks Viddy for those links!

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
Weren't you the person who instead of discussing British Wrestling, just began with what promotions are better due to who makes the most money?
!
i dont follow

·
Registered
742 Posts
I don't watch much British wrestling, so can anyone tell me who's better: BT Gunn or Lionheart?
Lionheart probably pips it because he has had more exposure and experience working with different UK & international wrestlers. BT Gunn is very good but mainly wrestles in Scotland and the north of England. Lionheart retired last month at the PCW December show though.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Cheers again for the links Viddy.

Checked out Futureshock as it's only a short regular train ride away from me, so hopefully will check them out at the end of January.

Have you heard anything of the HXC mentioned on their website?

"Through our connections with the promoters of the Caged Asylum Nightclub, a new pro-wrestling product will be available in the city centre, Manchester, from Spring 2013. hXc Wrestling is a hardcore, STRICTLY OVER 18'S ONLY promotion that is entirely different from FutureShock, and we hope that our older fans will visit their site - www.hxcWrestling.co.uk - and come join the guys and girls of hXc for some crazy nights in Manchester!"

Wanted to check the site out but not seeing much on there.

I wish I had more mates who were into wrestling as much as me!

·
Havamaniac #3
901 Posts
I don't watch much British Wrestling at all but yea Noam Dar and El Ligero are too names I know. Everything I've seen of Dar's has been good if not great. Been trying to track down him vs AJ Styles as I heard that happened or was going to happen. Any matches of his that stand out in your guys minds that I should track down? Barring I haven't already seen it.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
is Sam Slam still wrestling?

·
Registered
21,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Cheers again for the links Viddy.

Checked out Futureshock as it's only a short regular train ride away from me, so hopefully will check them out at the end of January.

Have you heard anything of the HXC mentioned on their website?

"Through our connections with the promoters of the Caged Asylum Nightclub, a new pro-wrestling product will be available in the city centre, Manchester, from Spring 2013. hXc Wrestling is a hardcore, STRICTLY OVER 18'S ONLY promotion that is entirely different from FutureShock, and we hope that our older fans will visit their site - www.hxcWrestling.co.uk - and come join the guys and girls of hXc for some crazy nights in Manchester!"

Wanted to check the site out but not seeing much on there.

I wish I had more mates who were into wrestling as much as me!
I hope this takes off, will be great having a fed who do shows in Manchester City Centre :)

21 - 40 of 1740 Posts