Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As people may have noticed there is no British Wrestlers in the WWE Hall of Fame. So that begs the question should any British Wrestlers be inducted. First names that spring to mind Davey Boy Smith, Fit Finley, Alfred Hayes and William Regal. But if it is a wrestling HOF like they say it is what about Mick McManus, Giant Haystacks, Jackie Pallo, Big Daddy, Robbie Brookside, and Kendo Nagasaki. Lennox Lewis or Ozzy Osbourne in the celeb wing?

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
As people may have noticed there is no British Wrestlers in the WWE Hall of Fame. So that begs the question should any British Wrestlers be inducted. First names that spring to mind Davey Boy Smith, Fit Finley, Alfred Hayes and William Regal. But if it is a wrestling HOF like they say it is what about Mick McManus, Giant Haystacks, Jackie Pallo, Big Daddy, Robbie Brookside, and Kendo Nagasaki. Lennox Lewis or Ozzy Osbourne in the celeb wing?
I'm British too, but I hunk there are only a small few British guys who should be in the HOF.

Davey Boy Smith is a cert. The guy was massive and sold out one of the biggest events WWF has. Regal and Finlay are both great wrestlers, and despite Regals history and what happened to Finlay they should both go in to beef out a certain year. Alfred Hayes sure as he's dead now and will add to a nostalgic year, Tom Billington should be there but I doubt he will whilst he's alive sadly.

Daddy, Haystacks, McManus, Nagasaki and Pallo all should be in a British HOF but if WWE were going to induct wrestlers who never wrestled there then there are possibly a hundred guys ahead of them from Japan and Mexico. Maybe 500 considering the vast difference between the height of British wrestling were those guys were on TV each week, to the amount of time and great wrestlers that have came from Mexico and Especially Japan since. There are guys in North America too that deserve to be in before any British talent, guys like Sting to be obvious, Jim Cornette, Steve Austin.

If WWE opened its supposed Hall of Fame tour or whatever they eventually want to do with it, and they had a wing for each era and Continent of wrestling then Daddy and Haystacks and McManus and Les Kellet be in it, otherwise no way they're going in.

Adrian Street deserves a mention too, pretty original gimmick for something as imitated as wrestling, I can actually see him going in before any other and is the only one I say who should definitely be there for what he did for the sport after Davey Boy and Billington.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts

not gonna happen im afraid mate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts