Wrestling Forum banner

British Stable?

5305 Views 59 Replies 40 Participants Last post by  rcc
Only found out Mason Ryan was Welsh on this weeks Raw, so with New Nexus dead and Mason Ryan getting sidelined do you think when he returns WWE will put him in a stable with:

Drew McIntyre (No WM match, guy needs to move on from the Kelly Kelly thing)
Wade Barret (The Corre should end at Mania, it's been milked long enough)
Shaemus (Leader? Barret doesn't really have the credentials when compared to Shaemus)

It could be kinda like Evolution but they'd look a lot more intimidating. They could also gather all of the titles (Drew+Mason= Tag Champs, Wade=US, Shaemus=WWE).

They're definitely good enough for Raw but the problem I see is that Sheamus'd have to run through Cena/Orton again instead of a fresh feud with Edge or Mysterio.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
Republic of Ireland...Northern Ireland...Close enough
If you want Northern Ireland to be represented then make Finlay the leader and have three young guys from England, Scotland and Wales. Then, rather than use the three guys already on the roster, search the British independent scene for three guys who have the talent but not the look and make that the storyline. They did that a bit with Daniel Bryan and Mick Foley came up with a similar story as a way of bringing CM Punk and Samoa Joe to WWE back in '04.

EDIT - they could even put Drew, Mason and one other (presumably Barrett) against Finlay's stable, sort of a war of ideas between wrestlers and superstars.

· Registered
420 Posts
They need to get Barrett the hell away from stables. He was good as the leader of Nexus, but I think he needs to start being sort of a lone wolf character who can get things done on his own.

· Registered
980 Posts
Don't want. Too many heel stables in too short of time.

Reactions: sarnobat

· Registered
454 Posts
Only found out Mason Ryan was Welsh on this weeks Raw, so with New Nexus dead and Mason Ryan getting sidelined do you think when he returns WWE will put him in a stable with:...
I hope they don't spoil Mason Ryan. He came onto our screens looking like Bluto, with his manic stare, and it looked as though there were possibilities for character development with him; but since then we have not seen any development worth mentioning, and he has ended up looking like something of an afterthought in the Nexus line-up.

· The Winds of Change
5,604 Posts
I would love if they developed a stable down the line that was comprised of all UK superstars.

Wade Barrett, Drew McIntyre, Mason Ryan, Layla with William Regal as the manager.

I would draw some parallels between Evolution with Barrett as Triple H and Regal as Flair. Drew and Mason could form a tag team and Layla would add an element for the Women's Division.

· Registered
156 Posts
Only found out Mason Ryan was Welsh on this weeks Raw, so with New Nexus dead and Mason Ryan getting sidelined do you think when he returns WWE will put him in a stable with:

Drew McIntyre (No WM match, guy needs to move on from the Kelly Kelly thing)
Wade Barret (The Corre should end at Mania, it's been milked long enough)
Shaemus (Leader? Barret doesn't really have the credentials when compared to Shaemus)

It could be kinda like Evolution but they'd look a lot more intimidating. They could also gather all of the titles (Drew+Mason= Tag Champs, Wade=US, Shaemus=WWE).

They're definitely good enough for Raw but the problem I see is that Sheamus'd have to run through Cena/Orton again instead of a fresh feud with Edge or Mysterio.
I 100% knew when I saw British in the title that you'd include Sheamus

Republic of Ireland...Northern Ireland...Close enough
Thats like saying John Cena should be in Team Canada, because he's "close enough".
Except it's about a billion times worse given that in recent history many people have died over that exact debate. OP is stupid.

· also known as a BUSTER
13,189 Posts
Thats like saying John Cena should be in Team Canada, because he's "close enough".
Check the TNA section.

Anyway, on topic, lumping people together just because they happen to have things in common doesn't work. You need to have a reason for putting them together. Someone needs to become a bigger star in the end. Putting together a load of guys that are on the same level wouldn't help anyone.

· Registered
243 Posts
I never got the mind set 'they're all of the same nationality lets throw them in a stable together', alot of the time it works if theres a reason behind it (the Un-americans or team canada from TNA jump to mind), but a lot of time it's just sort of like 'uh.. ok... why?'

I especially don't like the idea because from the get go the members are from different brands, Wade Barrett is already in a faction, one of the members is Irish, the other is Welsh, and they have nothing in common apart from the fact that they have accents and live in Europe. You didn't even throw William Regal in the faction who would actually make alot of sense (even though I doubt WWE are ever going to give him the push again)

· Registered
1,007 Posts
I'd love to see that. They could create quite a compelling storyline feeding off real life hatred by Brits towards Americans. I've lived in both countries and Brits are always stereotyping Americans for being stupid, butchering the English language, being unhealthy, being obsessed with money, ...

It would be quite a different basis from the Canada vs USA fued in 1997.

· Registered
36 Posts
I would love if they developed a stable down the line that was comprised of all UK superstars.

Wade Barrett, Drew McIntyre, Mason Ryan, Layla with William Regal as the manager.

I would draw some parallels between Evolution with Barrett as Triple H and Regal as Flair. Drew and Mason could form a tag team and Layla would add an element for the Women's Division.
Sounds like a decent stable :)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.