Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· The Man
27,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we get threads like this here and there. I recently watched vids on youtube and saw a billy kidman one( his theme was awesome) and thinking the cruiserwight division was pretty good. It showed speed agility and everything that wows the fans. I think bringing it back would be great especially if it was on smackdown regularly but having being a thing where the title holder can appear on both shows.So many ppl are tired of Mysterio well if they had the title he could be feuding for the CW title instead. and you have the Bournes, Gabriels, Mistico coming, Tatsu. SOme of these guys dont get time and wont ever get any time unless they are jobbing. And if you dont think theres enough cruiserweights wwe can always have some kind of invitational bringing in a couple new superstars maybe Jimmy Wang Yang back lol. Do u guys think that there are already to many titles or that would this one title on smackdown be ok.

· The Man
27,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd rather see a CW belt rather than the tag belts. Sure there's a lot of history behind them but the division has been uninteresting for years.
Maybe its because Vince is always looking for a star. Thats why Tag Teams arent huge anymore. I always felt give the titles to Nexus and have ppl try to take it away from them. Having the CW in my eyes woul dbe better than the tag division now. but id really want both. If wwe ever took away the tag titles then that would create a ton of backlash. Give the titles to Primo and Ryder and have them have it for a year. Cant believe me watching Billy kidman made me want the cw title back. Back then WWE was way more awesome. You had tag title feuds, CW feuds and everything. Now Daniel Bryan is a champ and isnt even really feuding with anyone.

· Registered
294 Posts
I was thinking about this the other day, it would be great to bring back that title. Then they'd have a reason to bring back Paul London, and maybe start a tag team with Trent Barretta.

· I'm a Christian
709 Posts
I think we do need some kind of title which is under the IC/US title to give some of the guys on Superstars to fight for, they could have the matches on Superstars though as Smackdown or Raw are focused heavy on the other titles, they just wouldn't be enough air time.

· The Man
27,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hardcore title wouldnt work now. PPL want blood right now if we got hardcore matches and no blood each and everytime id have to see pg sucks threads all over the place. Having the CW title woul dhelp the other smaller guys who probably wont get big. I love Rhodes but idk if i could see him being heavywight champ anytime soon.

· Registered
712 Posts
I would bring the CW title and make it superstars exclusive.

All the titles outside the big 2 and the woman's aren't being properly used at all.

· Premium Member
24,366 Posts
I think each brand needs a micard title, a world title and a tag title of it's own. the WWE should beef up their tag division. there are plenty of tag teams on the indys/TNA for them plus teams that can be put together from guys on the main roster.

Right now they have guys that would be considered CW's competing for midcard titles US/IC so I think brinigng back the CW title would just lessen these guys. It would put a glass ceiling on a lot of them. If they ended the brand split and merged the midcard/world titles then I could see them adding another title, but again it puts a glass ceiling on the smaller guys. With the roid policies I think the WWE has no choice, but it push the smaller guys.

· Registered
104 Posts
A personal opinion of mine is that the brands shouldn't be split up. I understand why they are but that doesn't mean I like it.

I never understood why there should be so many title belts. There used to be only three titles in the WWE - The Tag Titles, The Intercontinental Title and The World Heavyweight Title.

The prestige from winning any of those belts back then seem to mean more than winning any of the myriad of belts up for grabs now.

No, I don't think the WWE needs a cruiserweight title. Next, they will make a title for refs and Spanish announcers...

· Now THAT is a shared moment...
6,321 Posts
I would be all for bringing the Cruiserweight title back. But on that same hand I feel that there's too many belts currently that the WWE doesn't put enough emphasis on. I would be a big fan of them dropping the US title, dropping one of the World titles, and merging the women's titles. That would make one world title, one secondary title, the tag titles, a cruiserweight title, and a women's title. Defend those titles on both shows and there you go. It's certainly a manageable amount and I think it would bring more importance to each belt.

· The Man
27,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That way Chavo can do something to instead of getting squashed. DID ANYONE think he woul dqualify for EC lol. Ppl keep saying Bourne is gonna get a push how is that i could never see him beating the likes of Cena or HHH or Taker. But seeing as th eheels look pretty weak one on one he will look beatable against the Miz, Punk, Jericho etc. He isnt great on the mic so we can just assume i guess. If the CW title came back to play Bourne can showcase his skills often against guys his size and when he does move to heavyweight it'll seem much bigger. I wanna seee Bourne vs Gabriel at Summerslam for the CW title.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.