Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That crowd last night was pathetic, bring one of the 'big 3' over to London at the O2/Wembley Arena and we will get it sold out, and make a hell of a racket, just like we did for the impact tapings!

However I know the problems with time difference make this unlikely.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Maybe TNA management finally wakes up after witnessing the horrible crowd and goes to markets where the fans actually care. I doubt it will be the UK though. I hope Texas draws a good amount of fans that make some noise, if they are as bad as the Lockdown crowd i wouldn't be surprised if TNA stays in the Impact Zone for all ppvs.

·
Registered
11,870 Posts
If that the case, then TNA will never grow as a company. You have to go through the tough crowds and etc. to eliminate the negatives. Nashville in the past been great to TNA, maybe the crowd wasn't into the storylines leading up to the show and didn't like the matches? But they decided to give TNA a shot due their history.

I might get hated on for saying this but maybe and just maybe Roode vs. Storm is not a hot feud and nobody outside Orlando really give a damn?

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
My question is, why haven't they done that yet?

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
TNA want to compete with the WWE and they know the United States is their most important market.
TNA will never compete with WWE in US, americans are very connected with pop culture brands.

Ratings wise TNA is exactly or better than WWE in the UK.
Not taking advantage of this by merchandise sales, ppv buys and sold out arenas is pure stupidity.

·
Registered
11,870 Posts
TNA will never compete with WWE in US, americans are very connected with pop culture brands.

Not taking advantage of this by merchandise sales, ppv buys and sold out arenas is pure stupidity.
Do UK fans buy ppvs?

TNA complains about productions cost in the states. Imagine during a LIVE pay per view overseas? I don't think a company TNA size can handle that type of production level. Look at the set up in Nashville for Lockdown.

There are more arenas in the US then in the UK. More options

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
They can't do it because of Time Zone issues would force them to tape the PPVs in advance. Summerslam 1992 suffered for that very reason and that was even before the internet became such a powerful force. You think buyrates were low before? Sheesh. Try getting people to buy a show that has leaked spoilers.

But yeah, never go to fucking Nashville again. I don't know how you build your fanbase in a city for the first two years of your existence and now you go back there and get treated with....THAT! The Macon, Ga episodes of Impact had more atmosphere than this. They probably should have gone there!

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Do UK fans buy ppvs?

TNA complains about productions cost in the states. Imagine during a LIVE pay per view overseas? I don't think a company TNA size can handle that type of production level. Look at the set up in Nashville for Lockdown.

There are more arenas in the US then in the UK. More options
Impact worked well, it just a matter of organization.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
My question is, why haven't they done that yet?
Risk of losing out on PPV buys because the show is not live to the US market. If they run it live from the UK then it airs during the afternoon for the US market and again they could lose out on PPV buys.

They really could use a NY show
NY is definitely a hotbed. If they don't choose to run one of the big PPV's there, at the very least they should go with Destination X and the all X-Division format.

More gate, more merch sales are givens upon running a PPV in the UK but loss of PPV sales in the US are the downside to TNA.

The smarter approach is to run a 2 hour "PPV worthy card" in a 3 hour timeslot on Spike TV on a Sunday evening. It can air a few hours later on free tv in the US, so you don't lose out on PPV buys (well you do because it is one less PPV) but you counterbalance it somewhat with advertising dollars during that 3 hour timeslot. In essence maybe the UK is not going to get one of the big 3 ppv's but they would get a ppv like show hyped and built up to with ppv quality matches and all the major titles defended on the show.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
Is TNA scared of getting a smarkfest crowd at a potential new york ppv or something ?

why won't they go there ?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Is TNA scared of getting a smarkfest crowd at a potential new york ppv or something ?

why won't they go there ?
They have about 15 wrestlers on their roster that appeal to smarks, so there isnt really much to be afraid off. With a little bit of creativity you can easily put on a good show with the focus on those 15 guys. Especially a PPV like Destination-X would be perfect for the northeast.

·
Registered
843 Posts
They should do a couple of their PPV's outside of the states, there might be a difference in time but by the time a PPV finishes in the UK it would nearly be time to air it in the states anyway...The crowd would be hot anyway

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Nashville was surprisingly poor last night, they didn't completely suck but they were a let down. Who knows if Arlington will be any better for Slammiversary...

I highly doubt they'd do a PPV in the UK but if they were to, I'd go to it in a heartbeat and I'm sure it would be awesome on TV.

They should do a PPV in New York, Philadelphia or Detroit sometime soon. All three would be good choices for TNA.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Nashville was surprisingly poor last night, they didn't completely suck but they were a let down. Who knows if Arlington will be any better for Slammiversary...

I highly doubt they'd do a PPV in the UK but if they were to, I'd go to it in a heartbeat and I'm sure it would be awesome on TV.

They should do a PPV in New York, Philadelphia or Detroit sometime soon. All three would be good choices for TNA.
I love how Nashville is getting absolutely shitted on for last night, while Philadelphia gets a free pass for Lockdown 2009 and BFG 2011.

You have to love the IWC.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I love how Nashville is getting absolutely shitted on for last night, while Philadelphia gets a free pass for Lockdown 2009 and BFG 2011.

You have to love the IWC.
I remember Philly being pretty good for both those shows to be honest. If anything they weren't that pumped for Lockdown 2009, but that wasn't that great of a show in-ring wise anyways. Nashville has been great for shows in the past (Slammi 2007 in particular), they just didn't seem totally there for the PPV last night.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts