Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching this and I was really hoping for people sharing true opinions yet I found it rather lame. They were just promoting the same old shit WWE agenda.

They were discussing Strowman/Reigns. They talked about how great the matches were. They were better than the normal Roman match. However especially their second match the booking was as good as WWE has done for a face and a heel IF Reigns was over as a face. No one wanted to see him overcome. People wanted to see Strowman obliterate him. Frankly as a detractor of Roman I don't want to see him get beat, I don't want to see him win, I simply do not want to see him at all. EVER.

Now this Rosenberg tool infers that you can't hate Roman's in-ring work because he is great. Then JBL and Graves agree (like they have a choice in what they say) and then Rosenberg goes on to say that guys dislike Reigns because he is like Rick Rude. That being he is so attractive to the girls that they are jealous. This to me is just another flaw in WWE. They can not accept that fans do not want to see Reigns as the FOTC. It has very little to do with anything about his "look". It has to do with the fact that he has been superpushed down our fucking throats for years. Please don't use the Cena or Balor excuse.

1) Cena got over as a midcard to upper midcard heel rap gimmick. Before that gimmick he had little traction with the fans. Cena was OVER as a babyface before and after WM 21. It was the beginning of the next year that the fans began turning against him.

2) Balor got pushed to the Universal Title shortly upon arrival. Some say this is worse than Roman's superpush. To me it is no different than Sheamus beating Cena for the WWE Title at TLC 09. They wanted to take a chance on a new guy on the main roster and put the title on him and see how it goes.

Roman however is a different animal. Word is that the WWE was inbetween Big E and Roman and actually teased a program with them in late 2013. WWE IMHO leaned towards Reigns because of his fake blood relation to The Rock. They thought they could capitilize on something even though every Samoan other than The Rock lacks mic skills and is no better than passable in the ring. The Superpush became obvious when nearly every Shield match ended with the hot tag and a spear from Roman. It actually got boring for me because I liked The Shield at this point. Then Survivor Series 2013 Ambrose and Rollins are eliminated like jobbers and Reigns eliminates 4 guys and sets the record for eliminations in a Survivor Series Elimination Match (actually tying Orton). Then they give Reigns the Elimination record at the Rumble. This is where the Roman Marks will do their best salespitch how Roman was so over and the fanbase as a whole wanted Roman to win. This is simply incorrect. The fans were vehemently opposed to the predictable Batista win. They also were pissed Daniel Bryan was not included in the Rumble. Then some argue Bryan already had a match and no one ever competes twice. Think Bret Hart getting his "that's why I kicked your leg out of your leg" in the opening tag title match (94) came back and was a co-winner of that Rumble. Roddy Piper winning the IC Title earlier in the 92 Rumble only to attempt to win the WWF Title as well in the Rumble. Roman's first two PPV matches as a singles competitor were for the WWE Title. Even though Dean & Seth were tearing it up after the Shield split they did everything to put Roman above all. Reigns had some support against Rollins but at that point only because the fans were pissed at Rollins and Co for taking out Dean (to film a WWE film SMH). Roman has his hernia issue and frankly I think the fans may have fully turned on him quicker. He comes back and is gifted the Superstar of the Year over Brock, Bryan and Ambrose. Hell even Cena was more deserving considering he was WWE Champion and beat Wyatt when beating Wyatt was of some value. Then after hearing about Roman taking acting classes we see these awful via satellite promos and then he returns at TLC and botches his promo about entering the Rumble. Then he wins the worst booked Rumble EVER. That is just the early shit. They give him the Title at Survivor Series and in an attempt to garner sympathy he gets cashed in on. He then destroys HHH and Undertaker at back-to-back Disappointing Wrestlemania Main Events. How many clean losses has Roman taken outside of his Wellness Policy Violation Trio (i.e. Rollins, Balor and Ambrose)?

The company tries so hard to get everyone to believe Roman is the best thing in the company. They won't stop. Brock at 34. Cena at 35. Probably the Shield Boys at 36 in a Mania Triple Threat. Frankly I'd expect Reigns to win via double spear and double pin.

Now Roman Marks will cite the "record revenue" and pretend that WWE is more successful than Attitude Era WWF. I have been a WWF/E fan since 1989 and frankly it is sad that there are people on here (and other places) that will blindly defend what WWE is offering today.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I don't see the comparison. Are they saying Romans actually a midcarder cause rude was never a world champion.
They're saying Roman gets heat because of his good looks ala Rude.

I personally don't think that's true (well, probably partially, but it's not the main reason) as it's obvious people don't want him in the top spot.

·
Baby Yoda
30,137 Posts
Orton and Lesnar have a better look than Roman, still a big fan of both.

Those two are the Ultimate Alphas, Roman is not :draper2

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I find it extremely myopic of WWE if they truly believe this. I grew up in my teens and I liked Bret Hart and HBK. I did not care face or heel or whether they looked like someone my g/f would like or not.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
:HA

As much as I like Rosenberg on the Michael Kay radio show in New York, it's obvious he's a big WWE mark trying to up his standing and thereby job statis with the company.

That being said the mental gymnastics WWE does to try and rationalize something as simple as why Roman is unliked while HILARIOUS for a while is well past the point of being frustrating and tiresome and has sunk to the realm of pathetic.

·
Baby Yoda
30,137 Posts
Orton looks better than Roman or any guy from the roster.

They're just putting Roman over every way they possibly can.
Orton is a badass with A list movie star looks and Brock looks like the perfect champion.

Roman in comparison is a beta bitch :draper2

·
Baby Yoda
30,137 Posts
"Record revenue" doesn't mean anything when you're barely making a profit... but this is an old fight that's been discussed a million times.
Youtube views :lol

Forgot the ratings which don't make Roman look strong. This weeks Raw featured Roman-Rollins, a match between their two biggest stars and the numbers actually dropped.

Second lowest rated Raw of ALL TIME :ha

For the record, I'm not blaming Rollins as he hasn't been given the world like Roman has. This is all on Roman, the show and company is centered around him and the finger should all be pointed at him. The buck stops with him.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Rude, could actually wrestle and cut a good heel promo that would piss people off. :fact

This wanker ass feltcher genital caressing jizz bucket can't do neither. :reigns2:reigns2:reigns2:reigns2

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Youtube views :lol

Forgot the ratings which don't make Roman look strong. This weeks Raw featured Roman-Rollins, a match between their two biggest stars and the numbers actually dropped.

Second lowest rated Raw of ALL TIME :ha

For the record, I'm not blaming Rollins as he hasn't been given the world like Roman has. This is all on Roman, the show and company is centered around him and the fingers should all be pointed at him. The buck stops with him.
As much as I'd love to pin it all on Roman, and I do pin a lot on him lol, I can't blame him for the segments he's not involved in being shit, they may be few and far between, but god damn the whole show is shit. It may be in part because creatives only concerned with his segments and just throws shit at the wall with everyone else, which i guess does point the finger at Roman, or to put it better creatives infatuation with him, but again god damn, the whole show needs a drastic take down and reconstruction.

That's turned into a rant....

I guess what I'm trying to say is, Yeah roman's the biggest ball being dropped, but it's not like anything else WWE does is any good either. He should get the most blame but there's plenty of other blame to go around.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,633 Posts
Rick rude had a ladies man gimmick, roman has a no gimmick other then he is a dog. Rick rude was a good wrestler, reigns is not, rude could talk on the mic, reigns can not. Rick Rude, was ripped, reigns has the samoan fat belly which is why he wears the chest protector.

There is no comparison, honestly rick rude in d-x had more charisma then reigns. The comparison is stupid and is disrespectful to rude. WWE are stupid to think this will work and it has failed and will continue to affect their business negatively

·
Registered
8,601 Posts
After watching 2 episodes I can safely say that IMO this is the worst show on WWE network and I absolutely hate how they portray that idiot Rosenberg as if he is the voice of the IWC. This show needs to be cancelled asap.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
I believe with some guys, that "jealousy" gripe is legit. Particularly with Reigns and Finn. It can be denied but a lot of men do have disdain for the pretty boys. Anyone claiming it's not true at all in any instance ever is full of shit. Roman's attractiveness to the opposite sex being the culprit responsible for his mass rejection is a crock however, and history has proven that.

The Rock was soaking panties from '98 - '03 (especially from '01 - '03 when he'd slimmed down) and heterosexual male fans loved him. Seriously, Rock had Hollywood looks and that's a huge reason he got the Hollywood nod in the first place. He's among the 1% genetically and was the walking example to most women as the "tall, dark, and handsome" prototype. 6'5, 220, a square jaw, and eight figures in his bank account. He was beloved by all portions of the fans because he was actually over and had characteristics and a likeability about him that Roman has never possessed. Those weren't just women and children chanting "Rocky," on Mondays & Thursdays, folks. You can't teach charisma and Rock not only had it physically, but verbally.

You're either likeable.....or you're not. Vince has done a great job ensuring that Reigns isn't and Roman himself has never possessed the brand of charisma that his predecessors did which endeared them to female and male fans alike. Anyone denying it at this stage is insane and attempting to draw parrells to Rick Rude (whose job it was to play the heel ladies man and actively attempt to garner boos) is a new low. Stuff like this is precisely why Roman is rejected and why history will never look back on his run fondly.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts