Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy has NOTHING to prove in NXT. He's already better than most of the guys on the main roster. And he's already 40, so he doesn't have all the time in the world, however he is still in great condition and has a winning look.

He needs to go ahead and lose the NXT title to Hideo Itami today and then do a run in at Backlash to join the main roster. Build him up for a big match at SummerSlam.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Probably should have never even gone to NXT, but they have done a great job with his theme and gimmick. He's obviously ready to be on the main roster, but the booking isn't.

They're still trying to build up Nak, Dillinger, etc., so they don't need another new guy right now. I'd probably wait until after SummerSlam.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
I think he would be a great addition to Smackdown because they need more top heels.

But for right now, he's doing pretty damn good in NXT. And it's not really about "proving himself" or having "nothing to prove." They need guy with name power for NXT and he's someone who provides that. But as NXT continues to acquire more talent like McIntyre and possibly guys like Adam Cole, the need for him in NXT will go down and they'll probably move him up either after Summerslam or after Mania next year.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
How many wrestlers do you guys want to see receive a big push at the same time? It would be a bad time for Roode. They need to wait at least until Jinder's 15 minutes of fame are up, Rusev actually steps foot on Smackdown and Nakamura is well into his.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
Yes, he'd be a good add right now. Sure he's 40 but so is Styles. Age isn't that big a deal in wrestling.

·
Registered
68 Posts
To do what exactly again?

Hm, who is a mediocre face, that has nothing to right now? He could have weekly matches against him then.
Next level entertainment.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
I agree. NXT should be development. They are relying on established stars. It should be building people from the ground up. If Jinder doesn't win, Roode should ambush him after Orton wins and take the title off him at MITB.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,444 Posts
There are enough directionless people wasting away on the main roster. Roode is fine where he is for now.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
I don't see him fitting in & making that much of an impact tbh :shrug

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Then what would HHH do? Because atm, he's relying way too much on established stars to carry his developmental brand. Which would be fine, if they were actually working with developmental talent. But all the guys wrestling for the NXT title are in their late 30's, who were big names on the independent scene. Kind of defeats the purpose of building new talent that aren't tag teams.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I would like to see him on the main roster as well but now is not the time. Like someone else said bring him up after Summerslam or after WM next year.

·
Banned
2,322 Posts
I think he's quality but I'd leave him in NXT. He's carved out a good spot for himself down there, gets used well, and NXT needs some big names.
I really really rate him, but I think he'd get mis used on the main roster. Same goes for Drew Galloway

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Agreed. Sucks to see a talent like Roode, who is in his last good years is wasting away in developmental while we get a roided up jobber shoved down our throats. Plenty of room on SD for him. No reason why they can't get two new guys over at the same time.

·
Banned
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Agreed. Sucks to see a talent like Roode, who is in his last good years is wasting away in developmental while we get a roided up jobber shoved down our throats. Plenty of room on SD for him. No reason why they can't get two new guys over at the same time.
Agree with the first but disagree with the "roided up jobber" nonsense. No one has been shoved down our throat more than Roman Reigns and Charlotte. To say Jinder has been "shoved down our throat" is ridiculous for a Charlotte fanboy (or girl?) to say.

·
Banned
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How many wrestlers do you guys want to see receive a big push at the same time? It would be a bad time for Roode. They need to wait at least until Jinder's 15 minutes of fame are up, Rusev actually steps foot on Smackdown and Nakamura is well into his.
It's not rocket science to push more than a couple of guys at a time. Although I will concede that current day WWE seems to have forgotten how to do this, what with their ridiculous emphasis on only 3 concurrent storylines at a time for god knows what reason.

·
Banned
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In an alternate universe, Roode would be next in line to inherit the WWE after Vince and HHH would be defending the NXT title against Hideo Itami.
So true. Bobby Roode is definitely a comparable talent to HHH. The only difference is HHH was a master at politicking and fucking his way to the top.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts