Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since having the 15 Championship on FCW in the past year, the subject of the Television Title has been talked about. The idea of the belt is simple.

-The champion must defend the belt once a month on TV with a 15 minute time limit. The champion can retain the title through pinfall, submission, DQ, count out or the time limit expires. A good way for a heel champion to retain. It is also defended on PPV's.

I wouldn't even consider TNA's Television Title a true TV title since it's hardly ever defended and when it is, it's only on PPV. Every month, we're guaranteed a good match on TV. It would probably mean getting rid of the IC or US title. My vote is the US title. Bye bye. Move the IC title to RAW and put the Television Title on Smackdown. They can switch later if they want.

So what say you guys? Would you like to see a Television Title in the WWE if done right?

·
Registered
35 Posts
As Daniel Byran would say YES! YES! YES! It's one of the reasons why I loved the hardcore title. A match could just spawn in a guys' house.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
I would say bring the 24/7 hardcore title back first, but honestly theres no need for more titles (I wouldn;t get rid of the IC or US title) EVERYBODY doesn't have to have a title.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
You wouldn't necessarily need to get rid of the US or IC title to make way for a TV title. WWE's roster is pretty big, 3 midcard belts wouldn't hurt I don't think. I'd love to see a TV title introduced.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. I say unify the US title with the IC Title and keep the IC title. Also bring back the Hardcore belt w/the 24/7 rule.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With all of the talk of unifying the world titles and midcard titles, I understand. The current mid card titles, at most times, aren't given the attention they deserve. They're supposed to ELEVATE the guy with the mid card title. Your mid card champions are your future world champions. Most of the time at least. The Television Title may not be as "fun" as the 24/7 Hardcore title, but it would elevate the wrestler holding the belt because they're seen all the time and would be forced to get better if they want to continue holding the belt and be looked at seriously by WWE brass. The 24/7 Hardcore title worked back then because of the bigger roster and the influx of former ECW wrestlers. I think a Television Title is a better choice.

Television Title on both brands DangerZone? Excellent idea. Even more exposure for the guy with the title. You can't be lazy with the Television Title or it loses all credibility(like TNA's version).

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
You wouldn't necessarily need to get rid of the US or IC title to make way for a TV title. WWE's roster is pretty big, 3 midcard belts wouldn't hurt I don't think. I'd love to see a TV title introduced.
I agree. Guys like, Kofi, Swagger, Slater, Kidd, Ryder, Truth, etc could be the contenders.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Actually on TNA this week they announced the TV Title will be defended every week on TV. I'd prefer the Hardcore Title or Cruiserweight Title anyday. I mean look at all the cruiserweights we have:

Tyson Kidd
Yoshi Tatsu
Sin Cara
Rey Mysterio
Justin Gabriel
Heath Slater
Sakamoto (If he starts wrestling, dunno how much he weighs though)
Epico
Primo
Hunico
Evan Bourne
Trent Barreta?

It's also a very international division with Canadians, Japanese, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, South Africans etc.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Get rid of the US title and bring back the 24/7 title(which would basically be like tv title and hardcore title mixed together, so not all matches have to be hardcore)

The FCW 15 title is good, but only if it's good stars competing. Would you really want to watch Big Show vs Cody Rhodes in a rematch for the title(assuming the IC title had fcw 15 rules) knowing not only big show would retain,but this match would be 15 mins long.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
There are enough titles already. If anything we should be getting rid of some, just not the IC title because that is one of the most important in wrestling at the moment. However, we should be having more title defenses on tv, so that I could understand increasing.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
It sounds like a cool idea, although TNA have finally wised up and decided to have their TV title defended on every show going forward (as Fargerov pointed out).

Regardless they could still easily do it for WWE. Have it defended on both brands and defended often. It'd be exciting to see and I think it should be a title that changes hands often, that way if someone was to hold it for like 200+ days then that would truly mean something as opposed to it being like Rhodes holding the IC Title for months and months hardly defending it along the way.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are enough titles already. If anything we should be getting rid of some, just not the IC title because that is one of the most important in wrestling at the moment. However, we should be having more title defenses on tv, so that I could understand increasing.
I say unify the US title with the IC title. The US title has had a good run but the IC title IS a WWE title. It has just as much history and it looks better.

·
Administrator
59,121 Posts
There's no need for it. If WWE learned to book their mid-card better, and learn to have US/IC title defenses on the regular basis we wouldn't have this problem.

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
Yes. All night long. I'm on board with everything you've said in this thread, Panther. Unify the IC and US, bring in a new TV Title with these exact rules and you have a winner. It's different and it hasn't been done in a WWE setting before. It could really put the Champion over in an entirely new way. The US Title is nothing more than a prop, has very minimal value, and is rarely defended. It barely qualifies as an equal to the European Title. For those that are suggesting the 24/7 Hardcore Title, you would be severely disappointed if it ever came to fruition in today's WWE.

The idea of a tournament for this Championship has me salivating. Damien Sandow as the first WWE Television Champion would be perfect. :agree:

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There's no need for it. If WWE learned to book their mid-card better, and learn to have US/IC title defenses on the regular basis we wouldn't have this problem.
Then I guess we couldn't trust them to do the TV title right if they can't get the current shit straight. *sigh*

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,621 Posts
Yeah, bring back the TV Title, but make sure the title has some meaning while using it on their stars.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts