Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Yeah the Hardcore title'd be a great idea in this era:rolleyes:. Would be nothing but a bunch of glorified "chair matches" with constant shots to the back.

If they dialed it up a notch and let the old garbage style hardcore matches back I'd welcome it as a nice distraction from the norm once a week on Raw - but as it is no.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was only saying as you watch back then and now, it was more exciting, and anything can happen, it was fun to watch.. just a shame this era is sucking so hard.

·
Zombo
8,767 Posts
There isn't anything the 'superstars' are allowed to do anymore that justifies a true hardcore match.

And given the talent of the roster, and the smaller, quicker wrestlers in particular who have no real storylines each week, something like the Cruiserweight or Light Heavyweight title would make so much more sense than a Hardcore belt.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'd prefer they didn't. I never liked the hardcore title much considering they could just have a hardcore match for any other title on occasion if they wanted to, that and it lost a lot of prestige with the 24/7 rule. Personal feelings aside I do think it could work if they don't have it change hands multiple times each month and they got a few of their guys over as tough hardcore type guys and only if they merged the World titles and US/IC titles as there are too many belts right now IMO.

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
I could just make a sarcastic post saying "Yes, because this would totally work and make sense in this era" but I'm just gonna be a dick and say NO.

It should never come back unless somehow the PG era died and they went TV-14 again, which seems doubtful, which I'm fine with somewhat anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.