Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in 2001-2003, TNA ran a stable called Disciples of the New Church as a heel stable managed by Father James Mitchell that consisted of Tempest (Chris Ford), Slash (Kelly Wolfe) and Malice (Jerry Tuite) who feuded heavily with the first TNA NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Ken Shamrock in their infancy. The stable had various feuds there after with the likes of America's Most Wanted, Don Harris and Russo's Sports Entertainment Xtreme (SEX), and also included a number of other wrestlers as members, including Shane Douglas, Mike Awesome, Brian Lee, Sinn (Kizarny), Vampiro, etc.

While I'm well aware Abyss was never a member, or feuded with during the time of their existence, all this "they" talk has really got me thinking about the potential for their return. While the various members over the years aren't likely to be brought back, I do think the idea of the stable could still work so long as James Mitchell comes back as the center piece of the group.

I know most folks think the "they" are the ECW boys, but seems rather illogical to have Abyss spout off about "them" coming, when they're already here, no?

Ideally, I'd entertain the idea of bringing back former TNA wrestler Judas Mesias as a member, as well.

Thoughts on the idea? Would you consider bringing the New Church back, and if so, who would you like to see as members? If not, how else would you handle "they"?

·
Banned
787 Posts
^ I think Bringing Back the Disciples of the new Church will only work if TNA put some of their established starts in that Stable, otherwise they will be nobodies and rating killers.

·
Registered
22,738 Posts
Im glad Im not the only one who thought of New Church when the "they" started. Who would be the members outside of Abyss and Mitchell?

And the epicness of the theme mucic

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Ya man, make it Mike Knox and Kevin Thorn as the new members managed by James Mitchell. And they need to keep they're always epic music.

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya man, make it Mike Knox and Kevin Thorn as the new members managed by James Mitchell. And they need to keep they're always epic music.
Hell I think your girl Daffney would fit in the group too.

·
Registered
22,738 Posts
Members: Abyss, Mitchell, Thorn, Daffney, Katie Lea, Christopher Daniels.

·
Shut your mouth and rest in peace!
1,288 Posts
Didn't they already kinda do this with Serotonin?

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
In my mind this is a 'Bring Back Disciples of the Apocalypse' thread.

OR...

Christopher Daniels
Abyss
Sara Del Rey
Kiyoshi

The DOA is more likely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Back in 2001-2003, TNA ran a stable called Disciples of the New Church as a heel stable managed by Father James Mitchell that consisted of Tempest (Chris Ford), Slash (Kelly Wolfe) and Malice (Jerry Tuite) who feuded heavily with the first TNA NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Ken Shamrock in their infancy. The stable had various feuds there after with the likes of America's Most Wanted, Don Harris and Russo's Sports Entertainment Xtreme (SEX), and also included a number of other wrestlers as members, including Shane Douglas, Mike Awesome, Brian Lee, Sinn (Kizarny), Vampiro, etc.

While I'm well aware Abyss was never a member, or feuded with during the time of their existence, all this "they" talk has really got me thinking about the potential for their return. While the various members over the years aren't likely to be brought back, I do think the idea of the stable could still work so long as James Mitchell comes back as the center piece of the group.

I know most folks think the "they" are the ECW boys, but seems rather illogical to have Abyss spout off about "them" coming, when they're already here, no?

Ideally, I'd entertain the idea of bringing back former TNA wrestler Judas Mesias as a member, as well.

Thoughts on the idea? Would you consider bringing the New Church back, and if so, who would you like to see as members? If not, how else would you handle "they"?
This is my first time here so please dont bash the noob but I think you are on to something. Mitchell should return it goes with the whole "Revelation" story about the reveal on 10/10/10, If it is the "New" New Church(please dont name it that tna) it should consist of Mitchell obviously the leader, Rellik & Mesias to combat Beer Money in Fourtune,The Pope for his name and heel turn to be in title picture since everyone else has a opponent or fued,the return of the Fallen Angel to reignite his fued with Styles for TNAs TV belt (my god the ratings for that will fix releasing him) and Abyss and Tomko (under a new name) for the remainder of Fourtune (williams, morgan, london brawling etc...)by doing this your only bringing in one new talent in Daniels since he was released its perfect for the storyline and its easy on the budget, unless you replace my Tomko idea with Batista or the Boogeyman. Please tell me your thoughts i think its the best move they can make given the financial cap they have. Rev. James Mitchell, Judas Mesias, The Pope, The Fallen Angel, Rellik, Abyss and Batista/Tomko/Boogeyman. would be the best stable overall and could carry out the "Turn TNA Upsidedown" gimmick easily thanks for reading.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I really don't want to see anymore cartoony, supernatural, super dark, or over the top gimmick wrestlers ever again. After Kane, and Taker retire that should be it. No more.
Wrestling needs to move on, and leave crap like that in the 90s. No more Abyss type guys, no more churches,or james mitchell type characters, or flocks or whatever the fuck people want. It's not 1999 anymore.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
If they would do something like that and would only add wrestlers that are already in TNA, it could contain of Abyss, Daffney and GenMe after a repacking. They pointed out that the Bucks are christians and then they turned them. So why not make them some misguided fanatics with a more violent side?

Anyway, it was just an idea! I don't think that the Bucks will have anyting to do with "Them" tbh!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts