Wrestling Forum banner

Who will have the brighter future in WWE?

• Wade Barrett

Votes: 85 54.1%
  • Alberto Del Rio

Votes: 72 45.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 huge IWC favorites who came to WWE this year and have made big impacts fast (especially Barrett) both have the mic skills and charisma necessary to become a established main eventer for the rest of their careers, my choice would be ADR. I like Barret too but the edge ADR has imo is that he's better in the ring and I like his character better, though Barrett has the slight edge in the presence department.

Obviously both will have bright futures but which do you think will have the brighter one?

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
There's no doubt the two have great futures ahead of them ,they are two really immense talents and two of the most exciting wrestlers to emerge in quite some time in wwe and are super over in a small space of time.

It's hard to say who has a brighter future as there both bound to be world champs in the distance future.Both are gonna be top heels.I'd have both of them on different rosters like now as top heels , butif Del Rio goes to Raw he could be lost in the shuffle and wind up in the mid card.There's no chance of this happening to Barrett so i'm goona go with Barrett just because of this.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
Probably ADR, he's already more established in ring wise which is what the WF seem to prefer over anything else. ADR is hilarious and I enjoy them both a lot so out of loyalty and fairness I should vote for the one that has been on slightly longer, Barrett.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^I agree that if they were to swap rosters that Barrett would be more relevant on Smackdown than ADR would be on Raw but that's only because Barrett is currently a bigger star. I think ADR has the potential to become a bigger star than Wade in the future.

·
Asuka
96,366 Posts
Del Rio has been a main eventer on SmackDown! since his first day, but Barrett has been a main eventer on Raw since his first day. That is infinitely more impressive, not to mention he's bigger, he's younger, he's better on the mic, and he has more presence. I'll give Del Rio the edge in charisma, character and in ring. They both have great strengths, but Barrett edge's him out. 5 months on the job and Barrett is already established as the top heel in the company. Barrett will last longer and will have a more successful career, but Del Rio is going to be a multiple time world champion regardless.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
ADR by a longshot, he is arguably the currently most charismatic wrestler in the US (not counting inactive guys like Flair) and he knows how to wrestle damn well. He has a fun character and very good mic skills to make it work to top it off. Wade is basically a guy with good mic skills, slightly above average charisma, a good storyline, bland character and mediocre mic skills.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Del Rio has been a main eventer on SmackDown! since his first day, but Barrett has been a main eventer on Raw since his first day. That is infinitely more impressive, not to mention he's bigger, he's younger, he's better on the mic, and he has more presence. I'll give Del Rio the edge in charisma, character and in ring. They both have great strengths, but Barrett edge's him out. 5 months on the job and Barrett is already established as the top heel in the company. Barrett will last longer and will have a more successful career, but Del Rio is going to be a multiple time world champion regardless.
He's not the top heel in the company, Nexus is.

·
Asuka
96,366 Posts
Oh, enough of that bullshit already. It's just an excuse for haters like you to make Barrett look bad. That's like saying Triple H isn't the top heel, Evolution is! As if the WWE has no idea who they're getting over. Nexus isn't going to be WWE Champion, Wade Barrett is. That's because he's not sharing the top heel spot. He has a stable behind him, but he's still in charge. How many times has Cole said "Nexus takes its orders from Wade Barrett"? Because they're just a group of lackeys who mean nothing, it could be any other 5 guys (not counting Cena) and it would be the same result.

I'll bet if Sheamus was the leader of Nexus though, this forum would be lining up to give him ALL the credit. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
It's hard to say, two totally different personas. Still, I'm going with Del Rio, I don't know why, tbh.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Precisely, Barrett as it stands seems more a big deal with lackies and apparent firing power. Granted, ADR does have his own announcer and phat rides and pyro, but when it comes to getting it done in ring, it's not even close verbally/technically. Give ADR's talent to Barrett and we wouldn't even have this discussion.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Pyro™;9013294 said:
Oh, enough of that bullshit already. It's just an excuse for haters like you to make Barrett look bad. That's like saying Triple H isn't the top heel, Evolution is!
As if the WWE has no idea who they're getting over. Nexus isn't going to be WWE Champion, Wade Barrett is. That's because he's not sharing the top heel spot. He has a stable behind him, but he's still in charge. How many times has Cole said "Nexus takes its orders from Wade Barrett"? Because they're just a group of lackeys who mean nothing, it could be any other 5 guys (not counting Cena) and it would be the same result.
There's a difference though. Triple H was already in the middle of a run as the top heel before Evolution formed. Evolution wasn't made to solely get Triple H over, it was made to put Orton & Batista over as well. As for Wade Barrett he was brought in as a member of Nexus and that's all he's known for. More people will recognize the name Nexus before they recognize the name Wade Barrett, that's how much he matters. Secondly, what makes you think he's gonna win the WWE champion?

I'll bet if Sheamus was the leader of Nexus though, this forum would be lining up to give him ALL the credit. :rolleyes:
How so when more people on here like Barrett then they do Sheamus.

You guys jizz in your pants everytime he says Nexus or Against Us.

I don't see Sheamus being called better than or an equal to heel as Triple H in 2000.

Only thing I don't get is, however, why most of you Barrett marks are quick to jump on Sheamus for being Triple H's workout buddy despite the fact that it was revealed that Triple H was the guy behind Wade Barrett's push.

·
No Cena is good Cena
2,418 Posts
Somehow Del Rio became my favorite active over the past 3-4 weeks. Casually tossing Kane’s urn was an instant classic moment. He’s consistently frickin’ hilarious and a pleasure to watch in the ring. Already it’s clear that the IC belt is beneath him. He’s new but I think he’s already ready for a WHC title reign.

·
Amazing
4,242 Posts
Del Rio, not only because I prefer him but I can see Barrett reaching the pinnacle of his career way too soon and then fall into the shuffle by this time next year. Same could be said for Del Rio but I have more faith in him since Smackdown has a lower rate of fucking up rising stars.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
As heels, I'd say they're about equal talent-wise. Different strengths. But I think Del Rio would make a far better face than Barrett, due to his charisma. And almost everybody turns at some point. So I pick Del Rio. Even if Barrett never goes face, that just makes it more likely he'll be a victim of Sheamus/Swagger-style booking when fighting super faces and Del Rio will still be more successful.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Barrett. ADR still hasn't shown me anything that I haven't already seen. He's like any other generic common cocky heel, with poor mic skills. (obviously, my opinion.)

Wade is doing amazing, and I'm really impressed.

·
Asuka
96,366 Posts
There's a difference though. Triple H was already in the middle of a run as the top heel before Evolution formed. Evolution wasn't made to solely get Triple H over, it was made to put Orton & Batista over as well. As for Wade Barrett he was brought in as a member of Nexus and that's all he's known for.
I know what the difference is, I'm just saying that there's a CLEAR top heel and that's Wade Barrett. The group itself is HIS, that's what makes HIM the top heel. Do you understand that?

More people will recognize the name Nexus before they recognize the name Wade Barrett, that's how much he matters.
Ummm...no, that's not true at all, because if someone recognizes the name Nexus then it's a given that they watch wrestling and know who Wade Barrett is, because nobody else would remember it. What a stupid argument.

Secondly, what makes you think he's gonna win the WWE champion?
Well, it's gonna happen eventually. It won't happen at Survivor Series and it probably won't happen while he's leader of Nexus at all, but the point is, he's the top heel, not them. They can't collectively hold the top title together, only the leader can...and if it doesn't happen while he's the leader, he'll be the only one to hold the title later.

How so when more people on here like Barrett then they do Sheamus.
Not true. I see more Barrett hate these days than I do Sheamus. The entire IWC is going around hyping up this Ronald McDonald look alike fool to hell and back, even though he sucks at almost everything.

You guys jizz in your pants everytime he says Nexus or Against Us.
:rolleyes:

I don't see Sheamus being called better than or an equal to heel as Triple H in 2000.
I don't see Barrett being that called either. ONE guy said that and everyone shot it down.

Only thing I don't get is, however, why most of you Barrett marks are quick to jump on Sheamus for being Triple H's workout buddy despite the fact that it was revealed that Triple H was the guy behind Wade Barrett's push.
There's no evidence to say that Triple H is behind Barrett's push. All we have to go on is a report. Triple H endorsed Sheamus out of his own mouth and basically put him over everybody else. They asked him what guys have the biggest future in wrestling or something like that, and he only mentioned Sheamus and put him over big. I don't believe that Triple H is behind Barrett's push, because if he was, Barrett probably would have won the title already. And even so, the difference between these two is STAGGERING. Barrett is capable of handling a main event role, Sheamus is not.

Del Rio, not only because I prefer him but I can see Barrett reaching the pinnacle of his career way too soon and then fall into the shuffle by this time next year. Same could be said for Del Rio but I have more faith in him since Smackdown has a lower rate of fucking up rising stars.
LOL, they have a higher rate if anything. They bring down everyone they push.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
I know what the difference is, I'm just saying that there's a CLEAR top heel and that's Wade Barrett. The group itself is HIS, that's what makes HIM the top heel. Do you understand that?
He's not the top heel but whatever I'm not gonna force you to change what you believe.

Ummm...no, that's not true at all, because if someone recognizes the name Nexus then it's a given that they watch wrestling and know who Wade Barrett is, because nobody else would remember it. What a stupid argument.
Actually no it's not, more people who recognize the name Nexus before they would recognize the name Wade Barrett. I'm speaking on behalf of the many casual fans that I'm actually around who don't even know what Wade Barrett's name is, they just know he's the leader of Nexus.

Well, it's gonna happen eventually. It won't happen at Survivor Series and it probably won't happen while he's leader of Nexus at all, but the point is, he's the top heel, not them. They can't collectively hold the top title together, only the leader can.
Not necessarily, seeing as Randy Orton won the WHC and he wasn't the leader of Evolution.

Not true. I see more Barrett hate these days than I do Sheamus. The entire IWC is going around hyping up this Ronald McDonald look alike fool to hell and back, even though he sucks at almost everything.
I've seen more Barrett marks here then Sheamus marks.

And how can you diss Sheamus for sucking at everything when the only thing Barrett has to fall back on is the fact that he's tall and is SUPPOSEDLY a great mic worker.

There's no evidence to say that Triple H is behind Barrett's push. All we have to go on is a report. Triple H endorsed Sheamus out of his own mouth and basically put him over everybody else. They asked him what guys have the biggest future in wrestling or something like that, and he only mentioned Sheamus and put him over big. I don't believe that Triple H is behind Barrett's push, because if he was, Barrett probably would have won the title already.
Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean that it can't be true.

And if HHH were behind his push that doesn't mean that he was supposed to win the WWE title on his debut.

And even so, the difference between these two is STAGGERING. Barrett is capable of handling a main event role, Sheamus is not.
Oh please.

I would've loved to see Barrett debut by himself and see if he could even got a reaction, let alone a main event spot. That would've been the definition of throat-shoving.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts