Wrestling Forum banner

brighter future- adr, barrett, ziggler

1183 Views 15 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  dave 1981
i personally think all of these guys are gold. all great on the mic (well ziggler is okay). all of them are good in the ring. they have the look. they have IT. but my question to you is who do you see having the brighter future?
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
10,207 Posts
I think Alberto is gonna be the biggest star out of these three men, I men he's been here for a shorter period and is already main eventing Wrestlemania, Barrett could possibly have main evented WM27 with Cena put they threw the Nexus storyline out the window after Survivor Series. As for Ziggler I am predicting he will be champion before the end of 2012.

WWE has their hearts on creating the next Mexican superstar and ADR is that guy. He is a guy who in a year could easily be a babyface.

· Banned
1,068 Posts
All 3, while good, are heels.

WWE needs new top faces, JoMo & Kofi shouldn't be pushed any later than the 3 guys you mentioned.

· Registered
2,508 Posts
All 3, while good, are heels.

WWE needs new top faces, JoMo & Kofi shouldn't be pushed any later than the 3 guys you mentioned.
I see Ziggler turning face within the next year. Barret could make a good face too, expecially for when they go to England.

· Registered
290 Posts
If it were a draft, I'd take Barrett, then ADR, then Ziggler.

Barrett has the best overall main event demeaner, but we haven't seen anything impressive in the ring. A lot of main event guys have gotten by without being anything special in the ring.

ADR has half of the 'JBL' heel persona down - the cocky part - but I still don't buy him as all that credible in threatening beatdowns against top faces. Maybe its that he delivers a quarter of his promos in spanish, or that he has yet to actually beat down the top guys, but he needs work on this if he is to get truly over as an imposing heel. Otherwise, he will be too Miz-like in a weak way.

Ziggler is over a large part because of Vicki. Good in the ring and certainly better than Morrison/Kofi/Swagger/etc. on the mic, but needs to show he can stand on his own. I like that he has been doing commentary and that could help him define his character a bit more. I think he could be a good tweener if he adopted a more impartial tone in the commentating. He'll eventually separate from Vicki so they should give him some tweener opportunities for when it comes.

· Registered
2,508 Posts
Barrett has the best overall main event demeaner, but we haven't seen anything impressive in the ring. A lot of main event guys have gotten by without being anything special in the ring.

Keep in mind that his only big feuds so far have been with Orton and Cena. Neither of them are known for making guys look great in the ring. Barret looked better on NXT then his matches with those guys.

· Registered
317 Posts
When Taker, Edge, HHH and Kane retire, it is people like ADR, Barrett and Ziggler who will need to step up and take their place.

I think ADR will go far - his mic and in-ring skills notwithstanding, his background and the appeal of his fan base will likely mean that he will continue to be around the main event scene (more like Edge rather than Swagger or Sheamus). He may only be 33 already, but I think he has some longevity in him. I look forward to him building some more legitimate feuds over the coming year, aside from Rey Mysterio and likely Mistico when he debuts. On a final point he said in an interview that he would like to remain as a heel forever and although it might not play out that way, I hope for his sake that he stays heel for as long as his gimmick does not grow stale. Because I think some fans would find a face Del Rio difficult to cheer for.

With Barrett he has the potential to be an even greater heel than ADR - he played his role in Nexus more or less to perfection. His physical presence and ability to work a crowd means that he will also be in the main event scene for a long time to come. That's not to say he will have the title runs to match ADR though. But with Bulldog failing to win the WWE title, Barrett can potentially (and arguably deserves to) create a bit of history here by becoming the first British WWE champion. The company evidently has confidence in him by launching him into feuds with both Cena and Orton in his first year. Now a good feud with Taker would go a long way to establishing more credibility along this path.

In the interim, however, I'm a little concerned about the direction in which the Corre is heading. To me it seems just like a poor man's original Nexus and Wade doesn't need the rest of the group to justify why he is a genuine contender. Moreover if management are serious about him, they should start making him a little more dominant and ruthless. Not quite to Brock Lesnar levels of course, but enough so that he can pick up some clean wins against some big names. Unless of course they wish to turn him face, which I can definitely see happening in the not too distant future. He'd make a good face, but he's an awesome heel.

Ziggler has been steadily growing more confident on the mic and his ring work has been top notch for some time now. He certainly has the ability to make a wrestling match look good regardless of the opponent he is facing. I think his main event push as of late is completely justified, especially in the context of the 'Youth Movement'. I can also see him turning face in about 12 months or so. Actually come to think of it, with Vickie Guerrero is booed louder than anyone else these days, so the transition to face won't be too difficult if he he turns against his kayfabe girlfriend.

So all in all, I see ADR having the most success but personally I would prefer it to be Barrett because as it has been mentioned above, Barrett has a better main event demeanour and his ring work will only get better with more experience (remember that ADR has both MMA and wrestling experience). It might be a long shot but when all is said and done, both Barrett and ADR could have HoF worthy careers. Ziggler will be around for another good 8-10 years but it is difficult to envisage him being as dominant as the two above.

The fact that we are talking about ADR, Barrett and Ziggler rather than people like John Morrison suggests that the WWE still have some work to do in building up babyfaces from that generation of wrestlers...although I guess Orton and Cena will continue to fill that role seeing as they are 30 and 33 respectively.

· Banned
1,807 Posts
When Taker, Edge, HHH and Kane retire, it is people like ADR, Barrett and Ziggler who will need to step up and take their place.

I think ADR will go far - his mic and in-ring skills notwithstanding, his background and the appeal of his fan base will likely mean that he will continue to be around the main event scene (more like Edge rather than Swagger or Sheamus). He may only be 33 already, but I think he has some longevity in him. I look forward to him building some more legitimate feuds over the coming year, aside from Rey Mysterio and likely Mistico when he debuts.

With Barrett he has the potential to be an even greater heel than ADR - he played his role in Nexus more or less to perfection. His physical presence and ability to work a crowd means that he will also be in the main event scene for a long time to come. That's not to say he will have the title runs to match ADR though. But with Bulldog failing to win the WWE title, Barrett can potentially (and arguably deserves to) create a bit of history here by becoming the first British WWE champion. The company evidently has confidence in him by launching him into feuds with both Cena and Orton in his first year. Now a good feud with Taker would go a long way to establishing more credibility along this path.

In the interim, however, I'm a little concerned about the direction in which the Corre is heading. To me it seems just like a poor man's original Nexus and Wade doesn't need the rest of the group to justify why he is a genuine contender. Moreover if management are serious about him, they should start making him a little more dominant and ruthless (not quite to Brock Lesnar levels of course, but enough so that he can pick up some clean wins against some big names). Unless of course they wish to turn him face, which I can definitely see happening in the not too distant future. He'd make a good face, but he's an awesome heel.

Ziggler has been steadily growing more confident on the mic and his ring work has been top notch for some time now. He certainly has the ability to make a wrestling match look good regardless of the opponent he is facing. I think his main event push as of late is completely justified, especially in the context of the 'Youth Movement'. I can also see him turning face in about 12 months or so. Actually come to think of it, with Vickie Guerrero is booed louder than anyone else these days, so the transition to face won't be too difficult if he he turns against his kayfabe girlfriend.

So all in all, I see ADR having the most success but personally I would prefer it to be Barrett because as it has been mentioned above, Barrett has a better main event demeanour and his ring work will only get better with more experience (remember that ADR has both MMA and wrestling experience). It might be a long shot but when all is said and done, both Barrett and ADR could have HoF worthy careers. Ziggler will be around for another good 8-10 years but it is difficult to envisage him being as dominant as the two above.

The fact that we are talking about ADR, Barrett and Ziggler rather than people like John Morrison suggests that the WWE still have some work to do in building up babyfaces from that generation of wrestlers...although I guess Orton and Cena will continue to fill that role seeing as they are 30 and 33 respectively.
Oh man, 6-7 more years of Cena and Orton AT THE LEAST

· Registered
7,589 Posts
It all depends on what you consider as success in the future and what aspect as it could mean as a star in the business like Stone Cold Steve Austin or Hulk Hogan are remembered as or as an in ring worker like Shawn Michaels will be remembered for as all of those three had great and legendary career's but will be remembered for different things. Without knowing what may happen in the future for sure i would say that those three plus Sheamus are all long term main event wrestler's and will probably all be WWE/World champions in the not to distant future.

From the perspective of the history of Vince McMahon you would have to say that Wade Barrett would probably have the brightest and longest future as a major player in WWE because of his size and look as well as his mic skills and the fact that he is such a natural heel. We have seen in 2010 that Wade Barrett can hang with the biggest names in the business in building feuds up as he did with both John Cena and Randy Orton and will most likely with The Undertaker as well going into WrestleMania 27 which for me is the final test.

From a in ring mainly perspective i would say that Dolph Ziggler would have the brightest future because as he showed in 2010 he can have a truly great match when in the ring with the right person as seen with Bryan Danielson last year and also John Morrison, Rey Mysterio and Kofi Kingston before as well. So far his in ring work with Edge has been alright but that is down more to Edge in my mind because his in ring work has declined since early 2009 whereas Dolph Ziggler has improved regularly since around the same time but 2011 will be the year we know for sure about Dolph Ziggler.

From an all round perspective it would be Alberto Del Rio because he is a very good in ring worker who also has great mic skills and a very good character and is about to be involved in a World title match at WrestleMania despite not even being with the company for a year yet so WWE are obviously very high on him. What i worry about though is if he character were to become stale because i don't think his character is one that can really be tweaked which means that if the fan's did grow tired of him we would see him moved to the mid card which could become permanent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.