1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone is complaining how bad bfg was
okay it was awful

for me moment of the night was aj's 450 splash...and winning the world title
angle v roode was good....angle is horribly out of shape but should bounce back to the cyborg...the funny thing was he was so put over in the hof vid's about his stamina LOOOL And he was out of breathe and not in good shape nonetheless

Angle n bobby should carry on

Gunner needs his own gimmick...like a rick from walking dead
fucks shit up badly and gets all centimental about it
abyss and joseph park should transisition more like foley did

There are many things that can happen with AJ

Fueds can open up from the x diviiosn

Although it wasnt the best ppv ..maybe the worst BUT

How can tna bounce back?
How would u want them too ..storylines...match ups....and possible fueds wise

and how do u honestly think they'll try to bounce back ..storylines...match ups....and possible fueds wise

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
i'm sure TNA can move in a positive direction after this ppv, if they do it right

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
What can they really do with AJ? His 2010 reign was really boring because he'd already wrestled everyone and I see this being the same.

They seem to be building Magnus but does that match really scream "Main event feud" to a majority of you? TNA is lacking main event heels right now the only real way they can go is either AJ/Bully (Which we've just seen), AJ/Roode (Which we've seen), AJ/Magnus (Magnus isn't main event yet) or AJ/Sabin (Which would be okay but again, we've seen it)

X-Division could be big but they really need more guys. Having a heel on top after what has seemed like endless baby faces is good though.

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
I guess one bright side is all TNA originals and mostly young stars won like the Bromans (Even though i hate the fuck outta them) and Magnus. Though the finishes to just about every match felt kinda underwhelming :hmm:

·
Banned
460 Posts
- Continuation of Roode/Angle.. I believe there will be much more heat when they presumably have a hotter angle going into their future matches. Also curious to see where they are going with Angle rejecting his HOF watch.

- AJ with belt is cool, but like posters say above, there are no immediate opponents after Bully. It does seem it will be Magnus/AJ down the road, which is an interesting, potentially good but also potentially bad move.. if they only build Magnus to feed to AJ, it will be a waste of a push.

- Strong push for Magnus is a general positive, though it was a poor match

- Ethan looks like he may be alright, interested in seeing his development, but so far he just reeks of jobber. His facial expressions are too cartoonish, and that backstage skit with Dixie was laughable, while the match was plodding and dull. Still, the character itself is quite interesting and I feel as though he can improve once he settles into the new act

Aside from that, nothing much bright to come out of this show.

Negatives:

- Chris Sabin is probably the worst thing on the show right now, with this really shitty heel character. I was hoping they would give Hardy the X Div belt, just to move him away from the main event scene or even the mid-card, but unfortunately not. This boring and shit Sabin character must continue, when they should be keeping Sabin away from talking ever

- Heel Dixie Carter is still a main part of the show and doing her shitty Stephanie Mcmahon with a southern twang impression

- Aces and Eights are still weak. Build them back up or disband them already

- The Bro Mans are funny but I couldn't care less about them winning the belts. Tag division is generally shitty

- Lady Tapas or whatever her name is looks like total shit. Boring, ugly, and presumably will be a 3rd rate version of Awesome Kong. Gail Kim winning the belt is fine, but like the tag division, I could care less about the KO's right now.

- Bad Influence sinking further into being comedy jobbers rather than top of the mid-card players like they were a year ago or so.

- Shitty audiences continue to plague TNA

I'm far from being a TNA hater, and I have supported them for years, but I think the state of the company is at its worst in years right now. Bring back Russo, I say.. whoever is writing this shit (Lagana?) is completely out of his depth

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
bright side:

Magnus, a decent storyline for the KO division at last, a somewhat unique finish to a pointless match between angle/roode and that's about it

I don't see where it was all that bad.
nothing worth the 30 or 40 dollars

·
Registered
908 Posts
- Continuation of Roode/Angle.. I believe there will be much more heat when they presumably have a hotter angle going into their future matches. Also curious to see where they are going with Angle rejecting his HOF watch.

- AJ with belt is cool, but like posters say above, there are no immediate opponents after Bully. It does seem it will be Magnus/AJ down the road, which is an interesting, potentially good but also potentially bad move.. if they only build Magnus to feed to AJ, it will be a waste of a push.

- Strong push for Magnus is a general positive, though it was a poor match

- Ethan looks like he may be alright, interested in seeing his development, but so far he just reeks of jobber. His facial expressions are too cartoonish, and that backstage skit with Dixie was laughable, while the match was plodding and dull. Still, the character itself is quite interesting and I feel as though he can improve once he settles into the new act

Aside from that, nothing much bright to come out of this show.

Negatives:

- Chris Sabin is probably the worst thing on the show right now, with this really shitty heel character. I was hoping they would give Hardy the X Div belt, just to move him away from the main event scene or even the mid-card, but unfortunately not. This boring and shit Sabin character must continue, when they should be keeping Sabin away from talking ever

- Heel Dixie Carter is still a main part of the show and doing her shitty Stephanie Mcmahon with a southern twang impression

- Aces and Eights are still weak. Build them back up or disband them already

- The Bro Mans are funny but I couldn't care less about them winning the belts. Tag division is generally shitty

- Lady Tapas or whatever her name is looks like total shit. Boring, ugly, and presumably will be a 3rd rate version of Awesome Kong. Gail Kim winning the belt is fine, but like the tag division, I could care less about the KO's right now.

- Bad Influence sinking further into being comedy jobbers rather than top of the mid-card players like they were a year ago or so.

- Shitty audiences continue to plague TNA

I'm far from being a TNA hater, and I have supported them for years, but I think the state of the company is at its worst in years right now. Bring back Russo, I say.. whoever is writing this shit (Lagana?) is completely out of his depth
Yeah, so we could see Gunner and EY beating the guys in the main event TITLE MATCH at a big three PPV again, same with fingerpoke of doom and Montreal Screwjob ripoffs again, same with unnecessary heel turns done to shock everyone (Angle joining Immortal when Jeff and Karen were in the same stable, Anderson joining Immortal only to be kicked out weeks later, Tommy Dreamer heel turn and actually pinning AJ Styles on PPV). BFG looks like a very weak show but the right guys won their matches for the most part (the BroMans? That's really the only one I don't get) and Roode/Angle looks like a great match. I was so worried that with Dixie heel they'd swerve the fans and have Bully retain ala Angle/Roode two years ago (they were lucky that things worked out after that and Roode beating Storm at Lockdown).

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I guess one bright side is all TNA originals and mostly young stars won like the Bromans (Even though i hate the fuck outta them) and Magnus. Though the finishes to just about every match felt kinda underwhelming :hmm:
Do you think there is a message in this?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here's my view:

-For the Gauntlet, i would of put Bro Man's over as well. I really dig their tag team and think it can be a top tier tag team and it needed something like this to take them to that level. Bad Influence would be my second option, but to be honest they don't need the tag titles to be at the top of the tag team divison!

-Ultimate X was not the best for me, i loved the All Star feel but the way it was done but ehhhhhhhhh. Joe joining made TNA look like a madhouse, which it should with the leaving of Hogan so that was great. The Match though had very few good moments like Ultimate X's usually do. I understand Hardy is a ladder man but that killed the match for me. Ladders should be illegal to use in such a match. Sabin over was fine with me just not in the way it was, looked too botchy to me.

-I would put EC3's debut match on second because it was way too early for the tag title shot, i mean Bro Mans had just worked the gauntlet match not long before. Gunner and Storm looked great together and i really hope it's not the end of them because Gunner was developing nicely. I have met Gunner many times (i'm a indy booker/promoter) and he is one of the nicest guys and is truly smart about the business and he is great in the ring! He definitely can be a world champion one day! But anyway, back to EC3's match. I believe he should of faced an established guy(Chavo? Petey?) and went over clean.

-On the women's match, i completely dug the finish and wouldn't of changed a thing. I like the coalition between them as it was a complete swerve.

-As for the Hall of Fame deal, i do not at all like that Angle didn't accept. It makes the TNA hall of fame look mediocre. It should be known as a huge honor and he just turns it down? Wow. Even after they did the whole banquet thing where fans paid tickets. I'd be mad as a person who bought that ticket. Maybe TNA has a nice story to follow this up with, maybe Hardy vs Angle, Magnus vs Angle, or Sting vs Angle would be fun for me to watch.

-I would have put the Tag Title Match right here, i am a big supporter of Gunner/Storm but i like that Bro Mans went over. It had a little trickery in the finish so it wasnt necessarily a clean loss. It made Bro-Mans look like a legit threat and made them look great so i applaud TNA for using these guys to their potential and putting the straps on them. I look forward to a possible Gunner/Storm chase and maybe a split between the two and work a good angle with Gunner as a heel and going over on Storm.

-Kurt and Roode did a great match as well! Roode looking strong is how i like it.

-Magnus and Sting, ill be honest i didnt get to watch this match because i made a run to the store lol, but i seen the finish and i like how Magnus went over clean but since when has he been a submission guy? maybe i missed that. Magnus walking away at the end like he did was pretty neat too because it leaves him open to a heel turn down the road but i suspect him and Sting straighten things out and he just says he was in the moment and didnt mean to snub him then eventually turns.

-AJ and Bully was incredibly too slow for me (sort of like Sabin/Bully was) except this match had some great spots! I enjoy how Bully rips the canvas and padding off, because things like that is what Wrestling needs because alot of fans left because they believed it was "fake" and "didn't hurt" so this kind of brings the realness back. AJ looked great in his big spots. Totally thought Dixie was going to turn back face when she came out, she seems awkward when she's used in a finish but i like when she cuts promos because i think she is getting more and more comfortable and so much more believable than S. Mcmahon.

Overall: It wasn't a terrible card or show. I think it lacked in some parts and didn't make much sense why they would make some decisions but i agree with who went over in each match. Them getting bashed for not having a sold-out house is ridiculous. Just because they are on the road full time and have a "big" ppv doesn't mean its going to sell out. I love TNA and have since 2004 but that doesnt mean i think TNA is going to overtake WWE and be the biggest in the world because lets face it, that prolly wont happen simply because of WWE's brand recognition and past unless TNA starts promoting ALOT and puts on a must see product. Even then, it would be hard because it's not that TNA is bad when they draw bad, it's wrestling as a whole. Not many wrestling shows at all are drawing huge sold out crowds consistently. WWE still has empty seats and sometimes has entire empty hard camera sides and doesn't always sell the upper decks.. ROH draws a 1,000 average maybe. TNA draws 2-3k on average. Wrestling just isn't as big as it used to be so it's obvious crowds aren't going to be sold out all the time.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I'm shocked someone hated on Sabin's heel work honestly,i think besides the obvious guys, Aries, Roode, Bully etc. Sabin might be the guy with the biggest amount of understanding and control over exactly what he's doing in character. He's so smarmy and douchey, it's generally perfect for how he's being booked.
Just my 2 cents.

Not watched the PPV yet, not sure i will going from reviews.
But the bright side? is a hard reset and new stories.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I love EC3's theme btw, lol.
This is a positive for me!
I'm with this guy. I hope EC3 comes in as an arrogant heel to feud with AJ. I know its a rush for a new comer, and looks bad being a "WWE Reject" in some eyes, but I think he could add a good dynamic to continue this AJ/Dixie feud. He doesn't need to win the title, but he could have a couple matches getting close just to make him relevant in TNA.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Just watched BFG I thought all the matches (EC3-Norv Fernum aside) were great Until the finishes. BFG certainly wasn't as bad as peeps are making it out to be, On a side note anyone got pics/gifs of Bromans & Heath with their protein shakes? :mark:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts