Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Agreed, she's improved a lot, but people tend to ignore that because she's a Bella Twin.

·
my socks are wet
2,971 Posts
I'm going to have to agree. She has been much better lately than she used to be.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,165 Posts
Also has begun working stiffer. And yes, I'm particularly a fan of her dropkick and the way she smoothly transitions into the single leg Boston crab. Much improved.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Her reliance on dropkicks really annoys me but other than that she's ok.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
She's not as abysmal as the other Divas..okay.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm glad you brought this up because I've wanted to say that she has gotten a lot better in the past few months, but usually if you try to talk positively about any of the women, it gets shut down fast. ^^() She's not amazing, but I have noticed improvements and I do think she should get some credit for that. Bryan has probably helped a lot, but hey, whatever works. I still can't quite get behind her as a face because they come off too sorority girl for me, but if someday they split the two or her sister left and she stayed and changed up her character, I think I could support her. She at least feels like she's trying more than some of the others. Okay, I'm done now. :eek:

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
HI BRIE​

I know you read these forums, you have to. :mark:

_______

Yea I was actually legitimately surprised that she used a few different submission manoeuvres in the ring like a few days after I suggested she did so to seem a bit more believably strong in the ring. I dunno if she really reads the forums, I doubt it of course, but it was a real coincidence :lol.

Brie is fairly underrated. Can't say too much about Nikki because she hasn't wrestled in a long time because of her injury and on the most recent Raw she played the defensive of the team to get Brie to look like more of a threat to AJ.

I think Brie can work really well as a submissionist (like I've said before) and she should stick more proper submissions - not restholds - on her opponents and try to pick a limb and work on it for the match a la Del Rio.

Maybe the arm, and use the Yes! Lock or something to be honest. It would probably help get the fans behind her and it makes sense seeing as the WWE are using their relationship anyway.

There are some things she does in the ring that are really weird/unfitting imo. Her signature knee strike on the ropes is a bit iffy because it doesn't seem strong, and the positioning of the opponent is always awkward.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
brie has always been decent, nicki has always been beyond awful

people should remember it was brie they debuted on the roster first as a singles wrestler...no coincidence there

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Underrated? maybe.

But she's still terrible, I counted three botches, & the match was only a couple of minutes long. To be fair Tamina botched once & AJ once too, but they're still much better than Brie & it's not even close.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Agreed, I think she's a joy to watch in the ring, her look helps a lot but still, she's very smooth.

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
If Cena and Bryan weren't factors, Brie would be the only reason Nikkie has a job.

·
From parts unknown
23,262 Posts
Brie is alright in the ring. Nothing spectacular. Her matches would've gotten a better reaction if she'd been turned properly.

That definitely needed more work and that's where creative dropped the ball completely. She's done well with what she's been given. I really enjoyed her trying to work the crowd in the match. It was really well done.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Brie is alright in the ring. Nothing spectacular. Her matches would've gotten a better reaction if she'd been turned properly.

That definitely needed more work and that's where creative dropped the ball completely. She's done well with what she's been given. I really enjoyed her trying to work the crowd in the match. It was really well done.
You bring up an excellent point. She didn't really have a proper face turn. It does seem like people are starting to get into her though. I've been impressed by how well her work has been.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts