Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else thought they messed up the ending of this match? I thought that Kendrick was gunna apply the sleeper hold to Williams as they were hanging, but Williams fell off, Kendrick gets knocked out or injured by the fall so they finished it quickly?

·
Registered
803 Posts
I personally consider Kendrick painful to watch and much rather enjoy Douglas Williams vs Amazing Red or Some other X division star.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Don't have to go too far back.

Generation Me vs The Guns at Destination X back in March.
yeup was a great match. Unfortunately having non-high flying wrestlers in an X division match most probably won't work. Not saying that these guys shouldn't be in the x division just saying their style doesn't lean then towards this particular match.

·
Registered
247 Posts
yeup was a great match. Unfortunately having non-high flying wrestlers in an X division match most probably won't work. Not saying that these guys shouldn't be in the x division just saying their style doesn't lean then towards this particular match.
What I want to know is how they plan on filling the Steel Asylum at BFG this year.

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
People are complaining more about the length, i thought it was even more distasteful that they made the match end in submission. What's the point of the Ultimate X match if their going to do a shitty ending like that.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Yeah, I think Kendrick was really knocked out. After they fell, it looked like Douglas was checking to see if Kendrick was okay. He then gave the referee a look as if he didn't know what to do and put Kendrick in a submission to quickly end the match. I don't think that was suppose to happen.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I personally consider Kendrick painful to watch and much rather enjoy Douglas Williams vs Amazing Red or Some other X division star.
I read somewhere that Amazing Red won a num 1 contender spot in Brooklyn. I also heard that Dreamer and Angle are real high on Red. He might be getting a good push soon.

·
Registered
932 Posts
What I want to know is how they plan on filling the Steel Asylum at BFG this year.
im pretty sure after the Homicide incident on Jan 4th we have seen the last of the Steel Asylum.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Yeah, I think Kendrick was really knocked out. After they fell, it looked like Douglas was checking to see if Kendrick was okay. He then gave the referee a look as if he didn't know what to do and put Kendrick in a submission to quickly end the match. I don't think that was suppose to happen.
Yea it looked like Kendrick got injured and they used the submission to
end it but he got up walked out seemingly ok so im not sure what happened.

·
Registered
162 Posts
On the whole, this was a great match, given the time it deserved to develop, but the ending felt rushed, and rightly so if Kendrick had been hurt.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I told you They should made that a 3 degrees of Pain type match. First fall was the pinfall second was the submission and the third beign Ultimate X. The psychology was practically built in there as well with Doug Williams' character. TNA could have gotten huge mileage out that match alone.

It was a good match for what it was though.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I told you They should made that a 3 degrees of Pain type match. First fall was the pinfall second was the submission and the third beign Ultimate X. The psychology was practically built in there as well with Doug Williams' character. TNA could have gotten huge mileage out that match alone.
I never thought of that at all. Awesome idea.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
Don't have to go too far back.

Generation Me vs The Guns at Destination X back in March.
Ewww!

The whole point is that it stacks the odds against Williams and makes you think that there could be a title change.

People are complaining more about the length, i thought it was even more distasteful that they made the match end in submission. What's the point of the Ultimate X match if their going to do a shitty ending like that.
To piss you off? Williams is a heel and won in a way that you are programmed to dislike.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts