Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kendrick has that grungy Kurt Cobain look just like Pillman did but big difference is that Pillman was a better wrestler. I think Kendrick should get pushed a tad bit more.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,969 Posts
I've seen this for a number of years. Spanky is awesome.

Its interesting that they're finally involving him with Nash. Makes sense.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Kendrick's gimmick is more Maynard James Keenan than Kurt Cobain, it'd be great to see him cut some more of his 'third eye' promos, they really set him apart as different from the usual lunatic persona. He could a future main eventer if TNA let him develop (fingers crossed).

·
IDGET
4,758 Posts
Never been a fan of Kendrick. He's a average worker, a below average talker, and has a very plain gimmick and look. He's got a similar hairstyle to Pillman and that's where the similarities end. The X DIV isn't as stocked as it once was, but there's better options than Kendrick they could be putting the focus on now.

·
Sly as a fox, ferocious as a lion
3,031 Posts
Not really. I don't understand how they can be compared. It's like comparing water and oil and saying they look EXACTLY alike.

On a sidenote, he does bear some similarities to Maynard James Keenan. Maybe they should come out to a rip-off of any the hits A Perfect Circle has...

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
JR said thi back on Smackdown! I believe. The dude has potential and on a side note he looks like a mix of Kurt Cobain and Leonardo di Caprio

·
Registered
160 Posts
I like him!!! ALways have from his days in WWE as THEY Brian Kendrick.

I would like to see TNA put a big man (Enforcer) with him. Think it worked well in WWE, and in the X Division the "Enforcer" could decimate all his opponents (Being the small X Divisioners that they are) leaving Kendrick to get some cheap wins, and return to be a Heel were he is best suited.

·
Registered
12,415 Posts
Pillman has charisma to make an unique gimmick work, Kendrick is bland as can be. Big difference.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Pillman has charisma to make an unique gimmick work, Kendrick is bland as can be. Big difference.
I wouldn't go that far. I don't know what it is, but there is some "it" factor in TBK, I believe its his mysterious/strange character, his weird costume and entrance theme. As of now we don't even know who Kendrick really is characterwise, he barely cut any promos in TNA so far. I feel like there's some potential in him that yet needs to be shown. As for ring skills I agree though, neither his match with Red or Douglas nor his impact matches have been anything special sadly.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Pillman had way more charisma, way better in the ring. Pillman was definitely going to win the WWE championship if he didn't pass. Kendrick would of never touched it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts