Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brian Kendrick was a recent guest on the Stone Cold Podcast and had some VERY interesting things to say about the backstage environment in WWE.

Kendrick noted that in his early WWE days, after a match he would be screamed at by agents for doing certain moves like a tornado ddt that wasn't a finish, seeking advice from veterans like Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Goldust or others and asking vets to watch his matches back and give feedback all as a means to improve his matches.

Nowadays, Kendrick says that in today's locker room, wrestlers don't often ask advice from the veterans in the back or the agents to see how they can improve. Instead, they look themselves up on twitter to see the internet's opinion of them.
That is one of the problems today about this business.

People's opinions matters but you should also ask for veterans and legends advice because these guys have lived past almost everything in the business so they know better than anyone.

In Hall of Fame speeches and things like this we can hear wrestlers talk about advice from certain veteran or legend that changed their career or maybe their life.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,379 Posts
Yeah I feel asking for advice should happen a bit more. Nothing wrong with learning from others

·
Registered
24,760 Posts
While it's disappointing to hear about the complacency or disregard of modern wrestlers, it's hard to be surprised when they're in an environment where talent, dedication and hard work is ignored in favor of looks, presumption, and nepotism
Stop it when hasn't the corporate world been full of it. And these types of guys your discussing are getting more chances than ever to boot, why all the dramatics? So because they may not be hand picked to be the FOTC there hard work and dedication isn't recognized :eyeroll

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,419 Posts
I'm no wrestler but i've always been under the impression that if you're an aspiring wrestler just getting into the business or still pretty green then the smart thing to do would be to ask advice from the veterans so that you can improve in the ring. It's all part of growing as a performer. But I fully believe in having veterans backstage for the sole reason that they can impart their wisdom and experience on younger wrestlers.

Reactions: Even Flow

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I really want to know who are the people responsible for the indy fest matches we are watching nowadays. I'm sure an old school agent like Malenko or Finlay or Patterson will never allow such pathetic shit on WWE tv. The current locker room is full of guys that need to learn wrestling from scratch all over again, but there aren't many left to seek advice from. I mean who're they going to ask? John Cena? :ha The only true veterans capable of giving advice right now are probably Styles and Goldust and the agents.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really want to know who are the people responsible for the indy fest matches we are watching nowadays. I'm sure an old school agent like Malenko or Finlay or Patterson will never allow such pathetic shit on WWE tv. The current locker room is full of guys that need to learn wrestling from scratch all over again, but there aren't many left to seek advice from. I mean who're they going to ask? John Cena? :ha The only true veterans capable of giving advice right now are probably Styles and Goldust and the agents.
Randy Orton though he is still 36 and not that old but can be called veteran for all the years that he is now in the business and all of them was in WWE,too.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,665 Posts
While it's disappointing to hear about the complacency or disregard of modern wrestlers, it's hard to be surprised when they're in an environment where talent, dedication and hard work is ignored in favor of looks, presumption, and nepotism
You mean like all wrestlers ever? Where did people get the idea that the best or most hard-working wrestlers were always the one's that got pushed?

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Well given most of the talent has to go through NXT now, they get plenty of advice and feedback from the coaches there. Plenty of veterans are working there. Maybe the talent just doesn't feel the need to go to Brian Kendrick for advice.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
So the IWC are now the agents for today's wrestlers?

"More meaningless spots that make absolutely no logical sense to the match, more bouncy castle flips, kick out of a thousand finishers, do a 2000 degree corkscrew sky twister splash on your opponent. Do this for 25 minutes and you'll be over like rover with us, the crowd."

:ha

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
Well the match quality has been better in WWE. I mean would you guys prefer that snoozefest 'psychology' clinic Triple H-Rollins offered at Wrestlemania?

Just push AJ. I don't give a fuck about the rest of the roster for the most part.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
19,210 Posts
Most of those in the WWE are ring veterans though.

Kendrick had been wrestling for how long when he got to the WWE? 2 or so years? Whilst those in the WWE may not have been wrestling with the company for so long, they HAVE been wrestling for 10+ years. They would have no doubt earlier in their careers asked the more experienced guys on how they can improve and where they can improve.

·
Banned
2,322 Posts
It's pretty sad and pretty fucking damning that there are wrestlers who seem to value the opinion of smark keyboard warriors over people with actual, real pro-wrestling experience. Jesus fucking Christ.....

·
Registered
771 Posts
hahahahhahaha holy shit you poor poor naive baby if you ever really believed that anyone has ever been pushed for any reason other than whether they can make Vince McMahon money or not.

i kinda want to give you a hug i feel so bad

1 - 20 of 39 Posts