Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, the guy is batshit insane and his promos make less than zero sense. But I'm actually starting to enjoy Brian's work. Mostly because the guy is distinctive. I don't really think he has charisma in the sense people really don't care about him, but he is...fascinating in his own way. He's like if you took some generic indy spot monkey and gave him the brain of Scott Steiner.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
His gimmick is good, but he can't pull it. That gimmick is tailor made for Foley or Kane, but Kendrick is not doing well.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Watch the Kendrick & London shoot, it's fucking hilarious. Kendrick should be himself more, just a stoner who believes in conspiracies and whatnot, ergo more of a comedy character.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
its pretty easy to understand what hes saying. but just like Raven, the guy/his persona is not a face character. cant be.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Loved Kendrick since he first started doing this gimmick, when he was wearing the chakra robes and accusing people of being shape-shifting reptilians. As someone heavily involved in conspiracy/fringe topics and alternative spirituality, I deal with people like Kendrick on a regular basis and find it absolutely hilarious.

Since Kendrick himself actually is a New Age hippie, he's able to play the role to perfection. Like someone said though, it doesn't work as a face gimmick. Audiences are supposed to agree with faces so they can cheer for them, 98% of people watching TNA don't have the slightest idea what the guy is even referencing, let alone being able to support him. If he adapted it into a heel "New Age means I'm better than you" "I am enlightened and far above the five-sense reality prison you sheep are trapped in" gimmick, it would be pure gold.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
I think he got over becuase people THINK he's a comedy charecter right now..
:hmm: I think it's the opposite, he's been very serious lately.
Even aries talked about it and called him hypocrite... he just needs to drop the prince of persia attire.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Love the character, don't much care for the new music though.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Kendrick as a heel with this quirkiness would please me so much. Why do you give me hope of that which I will no longer see?
its pretty easy to understand what hes saying. but just like Raven, the guy/his persona is not a face character. cant be.
I really get confused when I hear people say they have no idea what Kendrick is talking about. Sure he spams words like 'energy, conciousness, aura' but come on. Do wrestling fans turn in their literary hats at the door?

joe; pants >>>> underwear. Even if they are MC Hammer pants.

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
His gimmick is good, but he can't pull it. That gimmick is tailor made for Foley or Kane, but Kendrick is not doing well.
What the hell does His Character have anything to do with Kane or Foley ha.

Funny thing is i neverrrrr liked him in the wwe nore in the early stage of TNA. I very much enjoy him now and respect him. I think hes doing a good job at his character and he can wrestle well. His theme some how fits him so well ha. That random Indian outfit was classic from the week before.

·
BLACK MARKET SMILIES
5,431 Posts
He's finally got his character perfected, just needs a heel turn for ultimate completion. Would be entertaining to see him patronise the 'mindless sheep' in the audience for their 'shallow ways and blind view of the world', something like that.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I don't get this gimmick at all. He's supposed to be anti materialistic but he's carrying around a huge fucking golden belt and holding it up in triumph. Then he's supposed to be the face and he's attacking people from behind and sucker punching people.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
I don't get this gimmick at all. He's supposed to be anti materialistic but he's carrying around a huge fucking golden belt and holding it up in triumph. Then he's supposed to be the face and he's attacking people from behind and sucker punching people.
Belt shows he's the champion. Still more powerful holding it up over wearing it with fists up.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
He's okay but shouldn't be in the title picture with this gimmick. He's a comedy character like Robbie E. He'd be great in a tag-team with a straightface babyface to playoff.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts