Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
He's always injured it seems because of the years of "abuse". It's not going to get any better as he ages - he turns 36yo in a month.

I wonder what this means for Ryback and AEW.
Motherfucker should stop fucking flipping around as if he was Rey Mysterio and just relay on power moves and throws, safer and more fitting.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think that Cage is a good signing but he could be a wellness policy violation just waiting to happen. Dude is jacked like a freak of nature straight out of the 1980's WWF.

·
Registered
440 Posts
He's always injured it seems because of the years of "abuse". It's not going to get any better as he ages - he turns 36yo in a month.

I wonder what this means for Ryback and AEW.
They can rename Brian Cage "Bryback" and he can be their Ryback. Then they wouldn't have to shell out more money to have 2 roided up, muscleheads that are basically clones of one another, on the roster.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Okay. I gotta ask...what the hell does "look like a wrestler" even mean?

Also, as far as Cage, If he is signed then cool. Loved him in LU and I liked him the few times I saw him in Impact. Great signing.
Looking like a wrestler means you look like someone that can wrestle. Wrestling is a thing. It relies on grappling and takedowns. In pro-wrestling, there are also strikes. A wrestler will look like someone who has had the physical conditioning and feedback to suggest their body has been trained and conditioned to do that.

Bruce Willis looks like an action hero. Michael Cera does not. Don’t act like this is some weird grey subjective area. Some people look like they workout and train. Some just don’t.

Motherfucker should stop fucking flipping around as if he was Rey Mysterio and just relay on power moves and throws, safer and more fitting.
You’ve got to get yourself over with the dorks so the dorks book you in PWG. When you get there you can change it up. Doesn’t mean he will though.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
I think that Cage is a good signing but he could be a wellness policy violation just waiting to happen. Dude is jacked like a freak of nature straight out of the 1980's WWF.
Does AEW have a Wellness Policy? That was an in-house WWE gimmick to stave off congressional oversight at the time.

·
Salt of the Earth
16,362 Posts
Yep, I’m shocked I mean shocked that Tony Kahn doesn’t have a strict wellness policy also considering his sports background.

Think about the 5 biggest draws of the modern era of pro wrestling and what those 4 have in common. Hogan/Austin/Goldberg/Rock/Cena. What do all four have in common?
Charisma.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think one of his biggest selling points, aside from his build, is his combination of power and agility; obviously, he shouldn't be out there flipping around like the Young Bucks, and his strength should definitely be played up, but him pulling off an athletic maneuver once in a while shouldn't be a huge deal.

·
Salt of the Earth
16,362 Posts
Charisma, plus they all looked the apart. One rarely goes without the other when talking about big stars in wrestling.
I think it's mostly their charisma.

Plenty of guys who have looked better than those mentioned yet got no where near as much success due to lack of Charisma.

Look is such an outdated concept. Charisma will always be the most important thing when it comes to wrestlers and how money is made. Almost in any industry, especially combat sports (or wrestling, which is a play on that)

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
And yet his wife, is saying other wise.
She's only doing it to create doubt. Wrestlers lie and say stuff like this all the time. If it was false someone from AEW or Cage himself would have contacted one of the dirt sheet guys and it would be out there.

Instead his wife says he hasn't signed dotted line anywhere yet on Twitter. With key word being yet, so when he does show up in AEW. She could say they were in deep talks but didn't officially sign yet. But common sense with this stuff. Tells us that he signed and they are just upset. Because they wanted big Moxley like surprise.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts

Plenty of guys who have looked better than those mentioned yet got no where near as much success due to lack of Charisma.

Look is such an outdated concept. Charisma will always be the most important thing when it comes to wrestlers and how money is made. Almost in any industry, especially combat sports (or wrestling, which is a play on that)
You know who is charismatic? David Arquette. Doesn’t mean they should be in wrestling. It’s a certain kind of charisma, and that flows in and out of physicality.

She's only doing it to create doubt. Wrestlers lie and say stuff like this all the time. If it was false someone from AEW or Cage himself would have contacted one of the dirt sheet guys and it would be out there.

Instead his wife says he hasn't signed dotted line anywhere yet on Twitter. With key word being yet, so when he does show up in AEW. She could say they were in deep talks but didn't officially sign yet. But common sense with this stuff. Tells us that he signed and they are just upset. Because they wanted big Moxley like surprise.
Dean Ambrose was watched by several million people each week. Brian Cage is known by a couple of thousand. These are not synonymous.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Okay. I gotta ask...what the hell does "look like a wrestler" even mean?

Also, as far as Cage, If he is signed then cool. Loved him in LU and I liked him the few times I saw him in Impact. Great signing.
Good question. Here are some types.

1. A big tough guy who looks like he could kick someones ass. Doesn't necessarily need to be a muscled up freak of nature but just someone you wouldn't want to cross in a bar fight.

2. The big muscled up guys. Lets face facts a big physique that has taken years to build up is impressive ESPECIALLY when most wrestling fans (Including myself) are men of average size. If a guy like Brian Cage sized up to me in a bar and wanted to fight me 100% of people would assume he'd kick my ass (And he probably would). When he walks through an airport or a shopping centre people would assume he does something athletic for a living.

3. Smaller guys can look like wrestlers as well but generally you want some muscle mass and the ripped look. Someone such as Buddy Murphy is a smaller guy from a wrestling perspective but he looks like an athlete.

Guys like Orange Cassidy, Young Bucks who barely look like they gym are a bad look to the casual fan.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts

I find it funny how you are trying to twist this discussion as it is look vs charisma, it is not, learn that both are important and that's what I said. The correct question to make a big star is Charisma + look.

Charisma and no look is equal to Road Dogg, look and no charisma is equal to Lex Luger, non of them were big stars because they didn't have the two important factors of the equation. The Rock had both, Hogan had both, Batista had both, HHH had both, Austin had both, Taker, Lesnar, Goldberg, etc,etc.

That's like 99% of the biggest stars in wrestling history, I am not making this up and it's not a coincidence, you need both or you are just gonna be incomplete.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts

So who in AEW has charisma? Jericho, MJF, Mox and Cody. Certainly not The Elite.. Goldberg wasn't really that charismatic either. First, wrestlers win you over with their look, then their charisma, then their ability. Why are AEW skipping the first few steps?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am really pleased BC joining AEW.
I think this guy is a great addition for the company and i could picture him as a next big thing for the company.
I remember being disappointed in 2012/13 when TNA didn't sign him when he did the Gutcheck.

Also, I don't understand why some people want so much Ryback over him?
I admit I don't like the wrestler who is a mix between RVD and Goldberg. But the worst, is the guy is already WWE stamped.

Even if Cage was on WWE developmental contract few years ago, the guy will be an AEW original for the casuals.
Good pick guys!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Very good signing, Cage is a different beast than what AEW currently have stacked and diversity is needed if they’re going to continue to grow.

always been a fan of Cage, he’s the juiced freak with a great acrobatic agility and he can go without getting gassed after a few minutes. Going to be very interesting to see how they will book “The Machine”.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Very good signing, Cage is a different beast than what AEW currently have stacked and diversity is needed if they’re going to continue to grow.

always been a fan of Cage, he’s the juiced freak with a great acrobatic agility and he can go without getting gassed after a few minutes. Going to be very interesting to see how they will book “The Machine”.
We know how it will go. Kenny will be used to put him over in hopes he becomes a superstar.

141 - 160 of 265 Posts