Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts

I wonder if he genuinely hasn't signed or if they are desperately trying to silence it :unsure:
I'm guessing they are putting doubt in people minds and he will show up at Revolution or in Dynamite in March. So people will be happy and excited again.

Remember Moxley was surprise signing for Double or Nothing. Santana and Ortiz where surprises for All Out. Jake Hager was surprise for first Dynamite. AEW didn't announce the signings before there debuts. So this is a common theme for them.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
I'm guessing they are putting doubt in people minds and he will show up at Revolution or in Dynamite in March. So people will be happy and excited again.

Remember Moxley was surprise signing for Double or Nothing. Santana and Ortiz where surprises for All Out. Jake Hager was surprise for first Dynamite. AEW didn't announce the signings before there debuts. So this is a common theme for them.
I think it would be best interest for the fans to move on and pretend this was an error so it will be a surprise, soo many people were "CM Punk is confirmed for the Chicago show" to the point it was a disappointment for them when he wasn't there.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I think it would be best interest for the fans to move on and pretend this was an error so it will be a surprise, soo many people were "CM Punk is confirmed for the Chicago show" to the point it was a disappointment for them when he wasn't there.
The thing is CM Punk always said he wasn't signing with AEW or going to wrestle. Fans never believed him and despite him doing Starcast. Along with random WWE backstage shows.

He's still probably not going to wrestle. Cage signing with AEW was actually by a good source(Reported Mercedes Martinez WWE signing last week). Before that article nobody even knew Cage was a free agent.

So if they had enough information to find out that info. I doubt they are wrong about AEW information. After Cage wife tweeted at them that it was false. It's not like they retracked the story or anything. So I have no reason to believe at this point the story isn't true.

Could it be false? YES it's possible but I'm not going to buy into this misdirection stuff either. Majority of the time reports like this end up coming true. Despite wrestlers saying nothing official has happen yet. Cage wife said in her tweet Cage hasn't signed on any dotted line with anyone yet. So maybe it's only verbal agreement at the time the story leaked or something. But I would be surprised if he's not in AEW. This is way more then fan speculation here like Punk stuff.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
That makes no sense, lol. Those are just apologetics. They don’t want guys at the end of their career, yet they sign Jericho? How do you know they didn’t offer Punk enough money, and he just didn’t look at the product and so “Uhhh, nope?”

It would be smart to hire these stars who could be a benefit to your television and mass appeal. They didn’t get them because they could coerce them over. That’s the only thing that makes sense.

It is not good business to let everyone with a big name who could help you actually get eyeballs sign with WWE. WCW got a massive boost when they brought in established talent. It only became an issue when Hogan re-signed in 1998 because Bischoff didn’t know what he was doing.
And if he is actually signed, are you going to “Lol” at yourself for thinking they didn’t sign him? Or are you going to move the goal posts and suggest he isn’t anyone but a TNA reject?

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
And if he is actually signed, are you going to “Lol” at yourself for thinking they didn’t sign him? Or are you going to move the goal posts and suggest he isn’t anyone but a TNA reject?
I'll be like "Alright, they signed him." Because if that's what happens, that's what happens. But that doesn't change that AEW have not been able to persuade anyone of real star power to jump, and the excuses for it are hilarious. Sour grapes everywhere.

·
Registered
5,523 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Cage’s Impact contract has either expired or is about to, and he is not advertised for Impact’s tapings in Mexico City where he was a top star in AAA for years and would this have name value.

Cage is apparently planning on going to AEW. Even if he has not officially signed on, unless something unforeseen happens that is where he will end up.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Cage’s Impact contract has either expired or is about to, and he is not advertised for Impact’s tapings in Mexico City where he was a top star in AAA for years and would this have name value.

Cage is apparently planning on going to AEW. Even if he has not officially signed on, unless something unforeseen happens that is where he will end up.
Inb4 WWE undercuts them gives him an "offer he can't refuse." I would be so upset if that happened.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Inb4 WWE undercuts them gives him an "offer he can't refuse." I would be so upset if that happened.
So would I. But I'm pretty sure he's already signed. If he's telling AEW he's going there. Then they have him signed. In this day and age with Khan family resources. They wouldn't just take his word and let him sit there with no contract signed.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Tony said like last month they weren't going to sign any more big contracts until they started getting in the green, time will tell how serious he was.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Tony said like last month they weren't going to sign any more big contracts until they started getting in the green, time will tell how serious he was.
They are in the green now with tv deal. Even TNT president mentioned they plan to bring in more talent.

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
So would I. But I'm pretty sure he's already signed. If he's telling AEW he's going there. Then they have him signed. In this day and age with Khan family resources. They wouldn't just take his word and let him sit there with no contract signed.
They started an angle for a guy that ended up signing with ROH...

They are in the green now with tv deal. Even TNT president mentioned they plan to bring in more talent.
The talent has to be willing to sign.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
That's the problem with people like the Wood. They run their mouths and try to spread these negative theories. When they are proven wrong time and time again. Then there no mention of it lol. There's no doubt in my mind AEW will be adding 2 or 3 talents(from WWE or Impact)to the roster in the next couple of months.

Sure maybe assuming Marty was going to come there was a mistake. But nobody could have expected ROH to throw out that offer. When they haven't ever before. They clearly value Marty more then AEW does.

Again the source is very well connected and so is Meltzer. People even say Meltzer on the payroll when it works for their opinions. But of course he knows nothing when they are trying to push negative story lol. So I'm betting he's already signed and he's just trying to leave some doubt. So it's still a surprise when he shows up.

·
KNEE DA PEOPLE
2,473 Posts
They started an angle for a guy that ended up signing with ROH...

The talent has to be willing to sign.
Marty was already with ROH and they broke their bank and gave him creative control to make him stay and now he'll be pushing to get ROH & AEW a working relationship (which they had with All In).

ROH, AEW & NJPW are going to end up working together with ROH acting as secondary/developmental for AEW & NJPW in a few years.

·
Registered
11,720 Posts
Cage could not pass a WWE pre-signing wellness screening. I'd like it if he did sign with WWE for his own sake though if it means he got off the juice. He's never going to be not injured anymore given the bulk he carries and the moves he does.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
That's the problem with people like the Wood. They run their mouths and try to spread these negative theories. When they are proven wrong time and time again. Then there no mention of it lol. There's no doubt in my mind AEW will be adding 2 or 3 talents(from WWE or Impact)to the roster in the next couple of months.

Sure maybe assuming Marty was going to come there was a mistake. But nobody could have expected ROH to throw out that offer. When they haven't ever before. They clearly value Marty more then AEW does.

Again the source is very well connected and so is Meltzer. People even say Meltzer on the payroll when it works for their opinions. But of course he knows nothing when they are trying to push negative story lol. So I'm betting he's already signed and he's just trying to leave some doubt. So it's still a surprise when he shows up.
Meltzer isn't on the payroll, The Bucks just send him a good morning message every day and allow him to think he's involved in their business and he clings to it because they're the last people in wrestling who contact him.

·
Registered
8,837 Posts

What "negative theory" has proven to be wrong? This will be good.

You don't count your chickens before they hatch. You don't brag about things you haven't done. You don't leak information that someone has signed with your company if they fucking haven't. There's no reason for Melissa Santos to be making Twitter posts like that. What good does it do anyone? She's probably pissed because her husband hasn't signed yet, was taking it very seriously, and then the cocky fucks at AEW went and talked to their buddy about how they're going to get Brian Cage, and it gets out (unprofessionally) before he even does anything.

CM Punk had similar presumptive interactions with AEW.

Marty Scurll was assumed signed to the point they had creative figured in for him.

Cody talks about AEW being the "Ellis Island of professional wrestling." Well, where are they?

That ain't a negative theory. That's what's we're seeing. Every single talent worth a shit since Jon Moxley joined prior to them even launching their first actual content has signed with WWE or ROH. You know what theory doesn't ring true? "AEW doesn't want them." Fuuuuuck off.

Brian Cage might sign with AEW. It's not a game-changed. WWE released him years ago. He's slummed in Impact, and as people say about Impact: "If you're in Impact, there's a reason you're in Impact." He may or may not turn out to be a useful talent. I was trying to remain positive. But what is more fucking likely:

A) Brian Cage, a fucking relative nobody who works on a show watched by <60,000 people on Twitch or whatever, has secretly signed with AEW to come in as a GIANT SURPRISE and change the wrestling landscape, just like JOSH MATTHEWS signing a new TNA deal?

B) AEW have AGAIN leaked their shit too early to Dave and friends and a guy that hasn't signed yet hasn't signed yet?

The second doesn't mean he won't sign, but can we stop with this "AEW are secret geniuses" narrative. It's Brian frickin' Cage. Does anyone really care yet? And that's not a knock on the guy, but Derrick Bateman coming back to the WWE was a bigger deal than this, simply by virtue of him having once appeared in front of a television audience of over 1 million people.

Marty was already with ROH and they broke their bank and gave him creative control to make him stay and now he'll be pushing to get ROH & AEW a working relationship (which they had with All In).

ROH, AEW & NJPW are going to end up working together with ROH acting as secondary/developmental for AEW & NJPW in a few years.
We'll see. I've seen those rumors. I think the New Japan relationship is more important to ROH right now, and I think we're seeing them double-down on that. I think it's more likely New Japan and NWA Power are added to Sinclair Broadcasting's syndication and they work together to get themselves as healthy as can be.

181 - 200 of 265 Posts