Wrestling Forum banner
121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
She´s not completely wrong. But she´s not helping his case with her outbursts.
He looks like a beast, but he´s fragile, so maybe that´s why TK has toned down on using him now there´s better talent available.
And he does a lot of Outlaw shows, so Covid concerns could be a factor as well.
They stopped using him because he gets absolutely zero reaction from the crowd.

·
Registered
16,184 Posts
Along with Spears it's fair to say Cage is an example of AEW flops. Folk were fairly hyper for him to debut. Man has that shit turned around lol
c’mon now, Spears is in an infinitely better spot that what he was in the Fed.

he’s currently booked just above his potential in AEW - guy is smiling

·
Registered
32,772 Posts
I thought he did alright in his 1st year as a heel and aligned with Team Taz. Turning him face was a mistake.
I could see that to me I think the way he loss to Moxley then losing to Sting did him no favors.
c’mon now, Spears is in an infinitely better spot that what he was in the Fed.

he’s currently booked just above his potential in AEW - guy is smiling
I'm using flop in the sense he didn't become a breakout midcard type star like people thought. Turned out he wasn't really being underused, he's just meh

·
Registered
16,184 Posts
I could see that to me I think the way he loss to Moxley then losing to Sting did him no favors. I'm using flop in the sense he didn't become a breakout midcard type star like people thought. Turned out he wasn't really being underused, he's just meh
flop to people's expectation - I got you

but in this case the people were wrong - he is right where he needs to be :D

(and I like him)

·
Registered
11,536 Posts

(and I like him)
Yeah I like the Reservoir Dogs chair pervert gimmick he has now. I think I still liked him better when he was doing the 10 stuff in NXT but he is an entertaining jobber IMO. Plus, I don't think I've ever seen him botch a spot. They should use him more than QT Marshall.

·
Registered
16,184 Posts
Yeah I like the Reservoir Dogs chair pervert gimmick he has now. I think I still liked him better when he was doing the 10 stuff in NXT but he is an entertaining jobber IMO. Plus, I don't think I've ever seen him botch a spot. They should use him more than QT Marshall.
100% they should use him more than QT

i know its an ‘insult’ - but he is the very definition of ‘a good hand’ - and yeah, i like the chair pervert gimmick too :D

·
Registered
32,772 Posts

(and I like him)
Agree he's where he belongs

I guess for me I just don't and didn't get the hype for either of those characters. So with the characters not being interesting to me, him being an average worker and average promo just makes him frustrating to watch lol

·
Registered
14,015 Posts
Along with Spears it's fair to say Cage is an example of AEW flops. Folk were fairly hyper for him to debut. Man has that shit turned around lol
Cage, Spears, Archer, and Luchasaurus all have mostly declined in importance. At least they are justifiable since all of them are rather bland outside of their size. Being a bigger guy can be a curse in AEW. 😂

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I really wish they kept the FTW belt on Brian Cage, a backdoor push is still a push

·
Registered
102 Posts
this is just an elaborate way of saying I like acrobats in my wrestling, not bodybuilders. but Cage does wrestle the indy acrobat style you like
You are clearly a dimwit, mic skills are a wait what skill? I like watching talented people. Being big isn’t a talent., did I once say I like watching acrobatics? No, I’m pretty sure I didn’t.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think a Brian Cage vs Miro feud could be money, and have some really strong matches. Other than that, I'm just not sure what they could do with the guy right now. He's kind of a victim of being in a promotion that now has a lot of other big power guys, most of whom do better mic work.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I think a Brian Cage vs Miro feud could be money, and have some really strong matches. Other than that, I'm just not sure what they could do with the guy right now. He's kind of a victim of being in a promotion that now has a lot of other big power guys, most of whom do better mic work.
I think Miro would get huge pops and Cage would get silence. Cage isn't it. He just doesn't have that superstar quality. He's bland as fuck.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Timing is so important in Wrestling. Unfortunately for those that bought credibility back to the Impact brand (Cage, Kross, Morrison, Taya etc) timing hasn't really been on there side.

Imagine telling someone in 2018 that Sammy Guevara would be the most well off of all the Lucha Underground Characters in Season Three for example.

121 - 140 of 148 Posts