Wrestling Forum banner
81 - 100 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
13,040 Posts
Utter nonsense what? What Cage said?
Then as I said, he should ask for his release. He's a big enough name to make solid money elsewhere and maybe get booked better.

Sorry that wasn't clear. Referring to people mad when a wrestler or someone rattles the cage. This is reality of any job. There is this belief that everyone is beyond happy In aew which likely isn't the case.

·
Registered
16,184 Posts
This is what happens when you sign 500 wrestlers to be on the roster. Inevitably, certain talents feel like they are getting a raw deal & the complaining begins. It happened in WCW, the WWE & it will happen in AEW because they have ballooned the roster size since the beginning.

The culture of signing talent in bulk amounts needs to end. The need to sell sizzle all the time leads to a growing culture of mismanaged talent in wrestling. Everyone overrates a new debut & forgets the wrestlers who have talent on the roster. Wrestling loves the flavor of the month because they can pull the wool over people's eyes with how bad the shows are booked.
I’m trying to understand…. You’re kinda saying DON‘T sign Danielson, Malakai and Punk cause Brian Cage might feel hard done by? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I like Cage but they clearly have no idea what to do with him and he's clearly never going to be a world champion in an AEW tier promotion. He's not a main eventer at this level.

He might be best off heading back to Impact.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
:ROFLMAO: The guy who can't promo has to have his wife express his dissatisfaction because he's too much of a pussy to go talk to Khan directly. What a bitch. Release him so he can go to WWE, job to Roman on a typical Smackdown episode and then spend then next month chasing the 24/7 title before relocating permanently to catering.

·
Registered
25,756 Posts
:ROFLMAO: The guy who can't promo has to have his wife express his dissatisfaction because he's too much of a pussy to go talk to Khan directly. What a bitch. Release him so he can go to WWE, job to Roman on a typical Smackdown episode and then spend then next month chasing the 24/7 title before relocating permanently to catering.
His wife has better promo skills :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
The guy has great look, but that's about it. He's not that interesting.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I am well on board with the suggestion of Melissa Santos managing Brian Cage as a heel.

Splitting him up from Team Taz just seems utterly ridiculous given they had no plans for any of them.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
17,446 Posts
Lol use him where though? He's got a great physique, and is dope in ring but doesn't offer much else. Ricky Starks was cheered over Cage and he was supposed to be the babyface. If you can't cut a promo to get the audience on your side, or if you have no general charisma or character then you're gonna have it rough. He needs to get creative and change his trajectory, I'm sure Tony is open to his creative ideas much like everyone else.

Anyone notable that he could possibly feud with would be better suited coming out the victor than he would. Especially guys like Archer, Miro, Wardlow, or PAC. You're not putting Cage over those guys. The only thing available for him from my POV is a heel turn and a feud with Jericho/Hager, but supposedly Jericho is leaving for a while so he's the epitome of lost in the shuffle.

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,569 Posts
Why are people so outraged by a Wife wanting to see her Husband do well at his job?

AEW isn't perfect and they have a lot of people just sitting on the sidelines doing nothing while they keep pushing the same few Elite guys endlessly. Team Taz is a prime example of this, booked like utter shit for their entire run despite how over they were and to a lessor degree still are simply because they're not 'elite' guys.

·
Registered
16,184 Posts
No. I'm saying don't have a bloated roster of 500 wrestlers & expect that talent aren't going to complain. Obviously anyone would sign a Punk or Danielson. What about all the other no names?
who did they sign after they signed Cage that was worse than him and is getting more spotlight?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Alot of people should be used better. There is only so many people you can push at once. Just looking at Team Tazz, I know Cage left but I think Starks and Hobbs have more upside. Plus Cage turns 38 next year. When they have a roster of Mjf,Darby,Sammy G, Hangman etc who are all more over and below 30...

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
7,357 Posts
I agree with her, Cage is a fantastic talent and AEW have completely botched his run. It started off well and then they just took him off TV, you don't take someone as good and talented as Brian Cage off of TV. Dude should be in the main event of AEW, he's a main event guy in every single company, no discussion.

Has all the tool to be a great heel world champion but Khan is too stupid to do something with him.

I do find it funny people have turned on the guy in this section because he and his wife dared to complain about his position when they're absolutely in the right.

·
Registered
16,184 Posts
I agree with her, Cage is a fantastic talent and AEW have completely botched his run. It started off well and then they just took him off TV, you don't take someone as good and talented as Brian Cage off of TV. Dude should be in the main event of AEW, he's a main event guy in every single company, no discussion.

Has all the tool to be a great heel world champion but Khan is too stupid to do something with him.

I do find it funny people have turned on the guy in this section because he and his wife dared to complain about his position when they're absolutely in the right.
dude please, you’re taking your 80s body guy gimmick too far

nobody would be disagreeing if it was the wife of another talent who had a valid complaint - but Cage is a beige 2x4 with eyes and a mouth

’should be in the main event’ - are you smoking Carter84’s old underwear or something?

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
7,357 Posts
dude please, you’re taking your 80s body guy gimmick too far

nobody would be disagreeing if it was the wife of another talent who had a valid complaint - but Cage is a beige 2x4 with eyes and a mouth

’should be in the main event’ - are you smoking Carter84’s old underwear or something?
I mean at the end of the day, I think he should be a main event guy, I think he's talented enough. Not even due to his size too, obviously it helps, but I feel he's got charisma, are his mic skills fantastic? No. But I feel he's got that aura and charisma to make up for it. Plus he's a solid in ring worker.

All Im saying is, if I was starting up a company he'd be one of the first 5 male talents I'd sign.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
wow, some varied opinions here ... As an AEW guy I disagree with most AEW fans on this one.
Obviously the roster is too bloated, but I agree with Mrs cage. I would rather see Cage than several others that are on tv. But I would also like Archer and Wardlow and Luchasauras to be more prominent. I preach patience and that you can't push everyone at once, but (maybe with the exception of Wardlow) I don't think these guys are going to make it to the Main Event.

81 - 100 of 148 Posts