Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Melissa Santos – the wife of AEW star Brian Cage – has commented again after she recently criticised the promotion for not pushing Cage.

The comments Santos made on social media a couple of months ago caused a lot of backlash from fans, not only towards herself but to Cage as well, and she’s now expanded on her thoughts regarding the situation.

Speaking with Chris Van Vliet, Santos said:

“I’m his wife, right? And I’m spicy. I’m not gonna be like, ‘Well I really wish things were different’. No! F**king use him already. Like, I love my husband. He is my favorite wrestler. He is. I actually have a couple of favorites but he’s for sure my favorite. That’s how we even started talking. I’d call him my favorite in Lucha Underground all the time so, yeah, I think he’s incredible.

“It’s just like really, there aren’t many wrestlers that look like him and have the discipline and have, you know, I know they all love, everyone loves wrestling. I’m completely enamored by it as well, a different way but I feel like my gosh, I wanna see him more like I used to, right?

“It’s just at Lucha Underground, he was being used all the time and it was different companies, right? In IMPACT, you’re the champion, and I’m not asking, ‘Hey! Let’s just make him the champion’. No, it’s just like I wanna see my husband more, you know? He comes out the first episode, you see him at AEW, he’s f**king ripping f**king ladders apart.

“The first time, I don’t know if you guys know this but when he was at Lucha Underground, one of the first things we see him (doing) is ripping the freakin’ belt apart. He comes down, he’s like… and he’s doing these body guy, strong things that you don’t really see that guy as much anymore. You see more of like, you know, the cruiserweight.

“You don’t see that and I don’t know, just for me, yes, I am biased. Like, he’s my husband. I wanna see more of that and so I did get heat because I’m spicy. I’m spicy. I’m very straight-forward. I’m not just gonna be like, ‘Well I’m just gonna… I really wish…’. Like no, f**king use him. Come on.”
Brian Cage hasn’t had a match on AEW TV since losing a street fight to Ricky Starks on the October 6 episode of Rampage, but did work an AEW sanctioned match on the Jericho Cruise on October 22, which saw him and Christopher Daniels lose a tag match to Isiah Kassidy and Angelico.
Source: https://wrestletalk.com/news/brian-cage-wife-melissa-santos-aew-fking-use-him-already/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,303 Posts
Omg this dumb bitch will get him fired. Just shut the fuck up. I think her last rant is the reason why Cage vs Starks went cold suddenly.

Besides doesn't cage have a mouth or doesn't he have balls to talk to Tony Khan about it?

Unless she's looking to be a whiny manager to a heel Cage.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
lol she's just as fiesta as Reby Hardy except much better looking. AEW is not the place for a guy like Brian Cage. He needs to go to WWE, Impact or NWA. They don't value big guys or bodyguys in AEW.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
They should hire his wife to be his manager. She's getting more genuine heat than most the roster.
they should , she has experience working in wrestling. They should have her as his manager for sure. she has taken bumps and has the look

she would 100% get heat from the other women in the locker room, it's inevitable given how much she talks but I still would like to see it.

·
Registered
14,401 Posts
Use him or not, they still are paying him and he can still work all the indies to his hearts desire. If he wanted to be released to go to WWE or NJPW or Impact or MLW I'd be pretty sure AEW would do so.

He's flatly not good. He is a charisma vacuum, seemed to think big muscles = personality/charisma. He's wrestling equivalent to empty calories - big muscles and flash moves.

That being said, the machochist in me wants to see a Brian Cage vs Matt Hardy feud for the Reby vs Melissa social media whining war.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Use him or not, they still are paying him and he can still work all the indies to his hearts desire. If he wanted to be released to go to WWE or NJPW or Impact or MLW I'd be pretty sure AEW would do so.

He's flatly not good. He is a charisma vacuum, seemed to think big muscles = personality/charisma. He's wrestling equivalent to empty calories - big muscles and flash moves.

That being said, the machochist in me wants to see a Brian Cage vs Matt Hardy feud for the Reby vs Melissa social media whining war.
Miro and Lana vs. Cage and Melissa could be a fun feud. I just don't see it happening in AEW though.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Use him to do what? He was placed as the main guy of Taz team, and he got outshined. If anything Starks should be used more.

Having muscles doesn’t make you entertaining, being big doesn’t make you entertaining,
so muscles or size has no relevance on any wrestler? So Lesnar's size doesn't make him more entertaining or captivating? Undertaker's size doesn't add anything to his presentation?

this is the delusional mindset of the new-age indy ROH, and AEW fan. :unsure:

·
Registered
Proud AEW mark
1,336 Posts
He gives out a big gym bro vibe and gym bros tend to be very unlikeable. He seems to be a good bloke though and has some personality too, I think they should just try fixing up his image so he looks less like a knucklehead gym bro who’s personality trait is lifting steel.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
He gives out a big gym bro vibe and gym bros tend to be very unlikeable. He seems to be a good bloke though and has some personality too, I think they should just try fixing up his image so he looks less like a knucklehead gym bro who’s personality trait is lifting steel.
more insight on the bias against bigger guys or body guys among indy / AEW / ROH fans. this is interesting. there is a similar bias against female wrestlers who look like models because being attractive is synonymous with being talentless among some fans.

·
Registered
10,303 Posts
Wasn't sold on Cage until his match with Hangman two PPVs ago.

I thought it was a pretty damn good match. I was really impressed by Cage in that match for the very first time. Just as I was starting to get into him they kind of pulled the plug on him.

I personally think Starks vs Cage could have been done better. I still don't know if it withered away due to Starks neck injury. Not to mention Starks still isn't actively wrestling. I am hoping he is recovering and it's not something bad.

So maybe they are waiting on Starks to be 100% healthy so they can go back to it. He definitely needs a mouthpiece though.

·
Registered
102 Posts
so muscles or size has no relevance on any wrestler? So Lesnar's size doesn't make him more entertaining or captivating? Undertaker's size doesn't add anything to his presentation?

this is the delusional mindset of the new-age indy ROH, and AEW fan. :unsure:
The new age fan. Okay buddy.

I was watching WWE when lesnar made his debut Lesnars a freak athlete. The undertaker isn’t.

that was 20 years ago. skill > size

1 - 20 of 147 Posts