Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Bret said British Bulldog was so out of it during their match he had to talk out the match to him which he hates doing. He says when he sees wrestlers do that it's an automatic fail.

Gotta love his conviction on making things look as authentic as possible and in reality he did more than anyone in WrestleMania modern era.

No wonder Vince wanted him in an office job with his match creation skills.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Re: Bret Says Automatic Fail When Wrestlers Talk During Match

Little misleading title. I do agree that communicating spots is a problem during matches, but shit talking and adding to the story with words in a match I absolutely love..misleading title is misleading though.

It takes away so much from the feeling of this is "real" when you can clearly hear them talking about upcoming spots etc

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Little misleading title. I do agree that communicating spots is a problem during matches, but shit talking and adding to the story with words in a match I absolutely love..misleading title is misleading though.

It takes away so much from the feeling of this is "real" when you can clearly hear them talking about upcoming spots etc
How is the title misleading when Bret says in the interview he hates when wrestlers talk during a match he counts it as an automatic fail?

I guess I'll change it to talk out a match then as it's kind of obvious knowing how pro wrestling works he means talk the match. Why would he not like trash talking when he always did that especially as a heel?

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I'm guessing that Bret was not a proud member of the Cenation then???
Funny enough I think Bret likes Cena in terms of his work ethic showing up and doing what's asked by the company along with keeping up with his image. Match wise different story though.

He must have hated wrestlers like Zeus lol who probably exposed the business really bad in 1989 when Savage had to call out matches in arenas with him.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
mista hitman Im fooked.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Great interview, it is actually the one thing I have against Cena because it pulls me right out of the match. When he gets to the part about how over he was in the UK/Europe he's not lying either, I remember it clearly. When i was growing up Bret was the absolute man amongst everybody I knew who was a fan. Other wrestlers were popular, but Bret was worshipped.

·
Registered
8,406 Posts
I thought the old heads preferred to call the spots in the ring...

The more you talk the harder it is to disguise. Most spots are called with 1 or 2 words or certain signals and gestures. That's also how you work matches with foreign wrestlers as well. But because Bulldog was so out of it, he had to be more explicit with his talking.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
The more you talk the harder it is to disguise. Most spots are called with 1 or 2 words or certain signals and gestures. That's also how you work matches with foreign wrestlers as well. But because Bulldog was so out of it, he had to be more explicit with his talking.
Yeah that's how I interpreted it too. It's not calling the matches in the traditional way (a few words exchanged subtly during headlocks and the like) that Bret has an issue with, it's when one wrestler noticeably talks the other wrestler through the spots like they're having a conversation. As he said in the interview "you'll never CATCH Bret Hart talking in a match, but at Wembley you'll catch it."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts