Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting the Hitman's shambles WCW run aside, what is your favourite Title winning match? Is it his Hart foundation win over the Demos at Summerslam 90? Or maybe his IC match a year later? Whatever the case, what are your 3 favourite Bret Hart Title wins

1- Hart Fondation V Demolition at Summer Slam 90
This was one the first matches I can remember as kid. I was 9 years old and my sisters boyfriend brought the VHS round and I was hooked after this match. The switcheroo by Demolition, the drama of the 2/3 falls and the appearance of the Road Warriors.

2- Bret Hart V Yokozuna at WM10
This was an awesome PPV. After seeing Bret lose to his brother in 5 star match and teh ladder match that precceded the main event, Bret captured his second WWF title a year after getiing beat by Yoko.

3- Bret Hart V Mr Perfect at Summerslam 91
Bret;s first single title in the fed was the result of an incredible match between him and perfect. Considering Hennog's back was hot, they both still went out and stole the show (in my opninion)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Re: Bret Hart's best Title winning match in WWF

Great thread :clap

I'm a sucker for his late heel run and '97 in general, so his Summerslam victory over Taker ranks pretty high for me. The shock and dismay at the end, the debris thrown towards the ring, the Hart Foundation celebration post-match and the Hitman's big FIVE gesture to indicate his reigns - great stuff.

·
Registered
744 Posts

I like all the others you guys mentioned but my personal favorite is his win against Diesel from Survivor Series '95. It was the first PPV I ordered and it was a great match, kind of a precursor to the main event brawling that would happen later on. Plus there was a lot of buildup and anticipation from their 2 previous matches.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts

Has to be his win over Perfect for the IC title but I also love his win over Diesel at Survivor Series 95. I was there!

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts

Summerslam, without any hesitation of a doubt, that match was (excuse the pun), picture perfect.

His match against Piper was great too, that he won.

·
Master Of the DDT
801 Posts

*Whew*
For me, they're all awesome - even his 24 reign as WWF Champion from Fatal Four Way in February 1997 & even his United States reign from a couple of years back.
However, these are my favourites.

1. Summerslam 1991. Just an absolute classic against Curt Hennig. Bret's
first singles title & Hennig had major back problems but still wanted to drop the belt to his friend.

2. Wrestlemania 10. I was just so pumped that Vince put the WWF title back on Bret after a year without it. Going into Wrestlemania 10, I really thought that Luger was walking out with the title.

3. Summerslam 1997. He & Undertaker put on a hell of a match. Great story telling by all three men.

4. Wrestlemania 8. He gave Roddy Piper, possibly, his best match ever. Made it look so real, Vince thought he bled the hard way & didn't fine him for blading.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'm gonna go with his win over Yokozuna in WM X.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts