Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who were you rooting for in WM X when the late OH faced his brother BH? I'm a only child, so I never experienced the whole sibling rivalry thing, so honestly I was split down the middle with that match.RIP Owen Hart.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I haven't seen that match, but re-watching the AE now I am a much bigger fan of Owen over Bret. Even back than Bret was full of himself, and not that great on microphone.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't seen that match, but re-watching the AE now I am a much bigger fan of Owen over Bret. Even back than Bret was full of himself, and not that great on microphone.
Bret pissed me off when he started whining & bitching. Owen I had a lot of respect for. Owen's only in ring problem was he botched some moves. Like when he botched the pile driver on SCSA.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
I was and still am a massive Bret Hart mark so I back him every time I watch one of his matches, even Survivor Series '97 where I already know the ending!

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
Bret Hart was my (wrestling) hero when I was a kid. So of course I was praying he'd beat Owen's ass. I cried during Rumble 94 when Owen kicked Bret's leg out of his leg. Really hated him for a couple years for that.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was and still am a massive Bret Hart mark so I back him every time I watch one of his matches, even Survivor Series '97 where I already know the ending!
So do you think Bret was right or wrong for not wanting to drop the title to HBK in Canada?

·
Aggressively White
6,238 Posts
So do you think Bret was right or wrong for not wanting to drop the title to HBK in Canada?
Hart should have dropped the belt, as any champion should on their way out. What is often overlooked is he had creative control, just as Nash, Hogan, HHH, Michaels and more recently Austin have been slated for, not that I'm crediting McMahon et al for their decision.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Their match at Wrestlemania X was a technical masterpiece, just an enjoy to watch and actually makes you believe that Owen was better than Bret.

The match at Summerslam in the steel cage was phenomenal story telling and just shows that Bret and Owen had the best chemistry in the ring.

·
Banned
2,092 Posts
Bret pissed me off when he started whining & bitching. Owen I had a lot of respect for. Owen's only in ring problem was he botched some moves. Like when he botched the pile driver on SCSA.
whining & bitching??

u have shawn michaels on your av/sig set for god sakes..

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Hart should have dropped the belt, as any champion should on their way out. What is often overlooked is he had creative control, just as Nash, Hogan, HHH, Michaels and more recently Austin have been slated for, not that I'm crediting McMahon et al for their decision.
I don't even give him credit for having creative control, he was still an unprofessional tool. He's seriously so high on himself being one of the all time greats in the locker room, so why couldn't he have just been the better man and did what was best for business?

Anyway, Owen Hart all the way. If it was fated that one of the two had to die, Owen should have lived. Owen never lost sight of who he was doing this for, his family, not for himself or his own ego.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I loved both so I was torn. I rooted for Bret though. Owen was such a good heel. Underrated in just about every area. It should have been Owen (not Backlund) winning the title from Bret at Survivor Series 1994.

I'm pretty sure Stu said he was by far the best athlete of the Hart boys as well. RIP Owen.

·
Banned
810 Posts
I don't even give him credit for having creative control, he was still an unprofessional tool. He's seriously so high on himself being one of the all time greats in the locker room, so why couldn't he have just been the better man and did what was best for business?

Anyway, Owen Hart all the way. If it was fated that one of the two had to die, Owen should have lived. Owen never lost sight of who he was doing this for, his family, not for himself or his own ego.
LOL, Good God.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
whining & bitching??

u have shawn michaels on your av/sig set for god sakes..

So what's your point? Michaels never whined about not being champion. The angle with Bret's constant bitching about the company not caring how he was being treated & not being champion was pathetic, and to me he was bigger than that.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I also believe Hart should've dropped the belt. I know he wanted to leave on good terms, but Bret should've done the right thing so the "Montreal screwjob" never would've happened.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts