Wrestling Forum banner
161 - 180 of 213 Posts

· Registered
4,809 Posts
No. By impact to the WWE itself, you would have to put the following above Bret:

Hulk Hogan
John Cena
Steve Austin
The Undertaker
Bruno Sammartino
Roman Reigns
Randy Savage
Brock Lesnar

Possible Andre and The Rock as well.
My issue is that guys like Cena and Roman Reigns were important but it doesn't mean because a company keep guys on top forever and push them that they deserve to be. Esp. when it's the only game in town and you have zero competition. Whereas Bret has had longevity as a WWF/E star going back to the 80s and all the guys he influenced. All over the World in the 90s Bret was the man(until he went to WCW).

· Registered
9,135 Posts
My issue is that guys like Cena and Roman Reigns were important but it doesn't mean because a company keep guys on top forever and push them that they deserve to be. Esp. when it's the only game in town and you have zero competition. Whereas Bret has had longevity as a WWF/E star going back to the 80s and all the guys he influenced. All over the World in the 90s Bret was the man(until he went to WCW).
Throw out everyone from the Attitude Era afterwards. You can throw out Undertaker too.

Hulk Hogan, Bruno Sammartino, Randy Savage, and arguably Andre the Giant meant more to the company than Bret. You can argue that Backlund and/or Pedro Morales did as well.

· Registered
1,378 Posts
This is not false. If he was such a great draw internationally then why was business dog shit between 1992-1996 when he was the main guy?

This is the problem with Bret fans. No logic to their arguments and they suck so bad at it
I won’t pretend to have the numbers (infect, aren’t they quite hard to get outside the USA). However, most international fans on here have highlighted Bret’s presence in their countries.

I’m from Australia, my dad thinks wrestling is a joke, and he could not name half of the classic superstars, but he is very familiar with Hart.

· Registered
337 Posts
I won’t pretend to have the numbers (infect, aren’t they quite hard to get outside the USA). However, most international fans on here have highlighted Bret’s presence in their countries.

I’m from Australia, my dad thinks wrestling is a joke, and he could not name half of the classic superstars, but he is very familiar with Hart.
Most of these international fans of Bret didn't post any evidence to back up their claim. All they ever said was "oh he was over in my country" that's it. That's not evidence at all. Again if Bret was such a big draw internationally then why on earth was the WWF dog shit between 1992-1996 when he was the face of the company? It nearly died. Your dad doesn't speak for Bret's piss poor drawing ability.

· Registered
924 Posts
Bret never drew money.

When he was the world champion wwf was broke.
Hogan austin and cena were the top money drawing power vince ever had.
The rock was atbhis best when he worked with guys like austin. The rest i mentioned above could fill stadiums alone.

· Registered
1,378 Posts
Most of these international fans of Bret didn't post any evidence to back up their claim. All they ever said was "oh he was over in my country" that's it. That's not evidence at all. Again if Bret was such a big draw internationally then why on earth was the WWF dog shit between 1992-1996 when he was the face of the company? It nearly died. Your dad doesn't speak for Bret's piss poor drawing ability.
Again, can you find actual data for international markets in the 90s? As far as I know, you can’t, but happy to be corrected.

If you can’t do that, then the next big thing to rely upon are accounts of people. Not saying it’s 100% conclusive, but where there’s smoke there’s fire. I’m not a big Bret fan, I have no reason to make things up. I’m sure if it was the reverse and people were saying Bret was unheard of in their counties, you would use that as ammunition to support your point.

· Registered
337 Posts
Again, can you find actual data for international markets in the 90s? As far as I know, you can’t, but happy to be corrected.

If you can’t do that, then the next big thing to rely upon are accounts of people. Not saying it’s 100% conclusive, but where there’s smoke there’s fire. I’m not a big Bret fan, I have no reason to make things up. I’m sure if it was the reverse and people were saying Bret was unheard of in their counties, you would use that as ammunition to support your point.
This is a piss poor response I do say. So you're claiming to have all the sources to back up your fabricated claim that Bret Hart was this massive international star because you read a few comments from a bunch of strangers on the internet about how popular he was in their country and you're using your dad as an example too? Sorry to break it to you but that doesn't mean he was a draw at all.

That's a terrible way to back up your arguments and I'm happy to be corrected? 😂 Ok son.

But you already made up a few lies regarding Bret so I don't understand? Again if he was such a massive draw then why is Bret considered as one of WWE's lowest drawing champions of all time?

My goodness get better with this argument please

· Registered
57 Posts
People on here are so far up HBK’s backside. So many hbk Stan’s in here but we all know the boy toy didn’t draw a dime. Lowest drawing champion in company history before seth took the mantle. The fact is bret was the man during the new generation era. Also showstopper the only reason why Vince wouldn’t pay bret is because bret didn’t fit the attitude era like style. Bret was old school and wanted the show to be family friendly but wwf was heading in a different direction and it had nothing to do with his talent.
Bret is the goat technical wrestler ever and he made everyone look good. Since I became a fan, the touch went like this. Hogan, hart, austin, Rock, Cena, Reigns.
Bret was the FOTC and u folks wanna act like he was a nobody what a joke.
The biggest Canadian wrestling star ever and he was hugely popular overseas especially in Germany and the UK.
Bret ignited the Mr McMahon character and he made austin a made man which austin also acknowledged. Bitter hbk fans so insecure when it comes to the hitman. Hbk just played better politics.
I know this post is from awhile ago, but exactly dude!!! Bret may not be in the top 5 of most recognized, but he's definitely in the top 10-15 most well known wrestlers. He was popular af in the 80s in the Hart Foundation, had incredible matches and moments as intercontinental champ, Carried the WWF after Hogan, The Steroid Trial, Ringboy Scandal, and other stars leaving or retiring from the boom period. 97 was the start of the attitude era, and Brets momentum kept going up and up until Montreal. It wasn't till wcw that he became an afterthought and even than he started getting his momentum back in 99 until his injury, and he's had legend status since the 2000s. Fact is Brets the man, HBK was a great Sports Entertainer, but he wasn't a big draw as champion, and is arguably worse politically compared to Hogan. Hbk is what everyone said about HHH, he's the guy that works with The Guy, drawing the house.

161 - 180 of 213 Posts