Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well thats what his brother is calling him. but what i want to know is who isnt. hogan austin sting theyre all like that. whoever has this competitive streak in em always look out for their personal interests. so is it a bad thing or does it make the superstar even better.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Bret has given me the impression throughout the years that in his mind the line between work and life is blurred. He either really does mark for himself in a way I have never seen in anyone else or he has worked the hell out of me and I bought it. Scott Hall had a story about Bret that falls in line with this.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
He refused to job in Montreal. This isn't news to anyone.
so what. Michaels for example "lost his smile" because he didn't want to job. Hogan never wanted to job.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
so what. Michaels for example "lost his smile" because he didn't want to job. Hogan never wanted to job.
Hogan did a lot of jobs even when it was guys who had no business ever beating him like Vampiro, Mike Awesome, and Billy Kidman. He put the Rock over twice. He got squashed by Lesnar on TV when Austin refused to do the same thing meaning Hogan was more professional about that than Stone Cold.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Well duh. Dude got pissed because Austin, STONE COLD STEVE FUCKING ASUTIN, was put ahead of him on a kayfabe GOAT list lol. Og course he's a mark for himself.

·
Banned
852 Posts
If I were as good as Bret, I'd be a mark for myself too.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Old news! But in reality you probably have to be a mark for yourself. Confidence (whether it's cockiness or not) is the name of the game.

·
Banned
7,681 Posts
Well duh. Dude got pissed because Austin, STONE COLD STEVE FUCKING ASUTIN, was put ahead of him on a kayfabe GOAT list lol. Og course he's a mark for himself.
Did you hear that interview too then?

Stone Cold is ahead of him on any list, tbh. Well maybe not beat wrestler list, but everything else Austin bosses him.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Did you hear that interview too then?

Stone Cold is ahead of him on any list, tbh. Well maybe not beat wrestler list, but everything else Austin bosses him.
Hey I liked Bret. But too many wrestlers feel that Bret was always the leader of his own fan club.

Sure ego is a good thing, but i got the impression that those who claimed he was might actually be right. I've read Brets book several tiems, and in many chapters I got the feeling that he is kind of full of him self and that he is like the jealous little brother who needs to prove himself and try to out do his big brother. Like he tries with Warrior and Hogan specifically.

But besides that I think Bret is one of the most hoenst and respected wrestlers of all time that actually got a spine. But that does not say that he isnt a mark for himself

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Thanks for the breaking news. you must really be on the forefront of wrestling info. Do you have a friend that works in WWE to give you such good insight?

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,419 Posts
Every top star has an ego, it comes with the territory. But it's also good because sometimes a little arrogance is a good thing. I mean if Bret were to say he was only average in the ring, and didn't think he was really that much of a star, then you wouldn't really take to him.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think Bret looks at wrestling from a fans point of view. He studies his career in the same way that a rock star looks at his career restrospectively. I think Austin is the same too. People like Hogan care about the personal image and fame whereas Hart and Austin actually talk about the storylines and the development of their characters. You get the impression that both Austin and Hart could easily spend hours dicussing the topics raised in this forum. Not a bad thing.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
A lot of wrestlers are marks for themselves, you'd be surprised. Bret's not the only one. You need that ego to make it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts